Thread About Ex Player - Page 249 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Competent football teams will use every opportunity open to them to improve their squad including scouts, ex players and any other means.

Ex-players in any capacity of the game are paid by and are responsible to different professional football clubs - they don't hand out good players like sweeties. Whereas scouting - by far the most important recruitment tool - has been neglected at this club (and many others in Scotland) for years.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Why any player would go and sign for that w*nk after everything he did this season is beyond me. Says a lot about the boy. 

To play football every week?

Don't blame him at all. He needs to be playing games at his age, not sitting on the bench at Morton or playing reserves at Motherwell.

He left a loan deal to sign a permanent contract with a club that are going to play a system that suits him . He wasn't even our permanent player when Ray left so I doubt he gives a flying fuck what happened.

He will be a barely remembered footnote in our history and I'm not bothered at all he's gone, but I'll most certainly be hounding him during Falkirk games.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Why any player would go and sign for that w*nk after everything he did this season is beyond me. Says a lot about the boy. 

MacLean was signed to play an exact role in McKinnon's Morton team. I dare say McKinnon is aiming for the exact same system at Grangemouth. MacLean has no reason to care which badge is on his shirt, he's just sorted himself out for the next 18 months rather than not playing here then returning to Motherwell to wait and see what happens. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

MacLean was signed to play an exact role in McKinnon's Morton team. I dare say McKinnon is aiming for the exact same system at Grangemouth. MacLean has no reason to care which badge is on his shirt, he's just sorted himself out for the next 18 months rather than not playing here then returning to Motherwell to wait and see what happens.

Still a bellend of a boy but.

I'll still give him pelters but I couldn't really care less about this tbh. As a loan player who was just here for experience, there's little reason for him to be bearing grudges or owing anybody any loyalty. It's one of these things.

Edit: I'd be more inclined to question why Morton didn't send him packing when it became clear he was planning on going to a rival.

Edited by EanieMeany

AWMSC

Edit: I'd be more inclined to question why Morton didn't send him packing when it became clear he was planning on going to a rival.

Probably didn't have a clause in the loan to terminate before January

Probably didn't have a clause in the loan to terminate before January

But they could have banished him to the stand rather than allowing the appalling cameo performance he game against Caley.

Likewise with Partick and Quitongo. The only logical reason they could have had for having Quitongo in the squad on Sat and walking past the Morton fans to warm up but not be used was for bantz.

But they could have banished him to the stand rather than allowing the appalling cameo performance he game against Caley.

Likewise with Partick and Quitongo. The only logical reason they could have had for having Quitongo in the squad on Sat and walking past the Morton fans to warm up but not be used was for bantz.

Not quite the same. Morton have a relationship with Motherwell to maintain, as it is one of JJ's most recent clubs I imagine he is in no hurry to sully that relationship.

Quitongo is a woman-beater and Partick are a disgrace for having him in their squad. And before people say "innocent until proven guilty" it happened in public and left her with serious marks.