Thread About Ex Player - Page 227 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Nothing new, but:

Livingston player-manager Kenny Miller is weighing up a move for Jai Quitongo after Greenock Morton withdrew the offer of a new contract with the 20-year-old forward recovering from a knee operation. (Daily Express, print edition)

Said this over a week ago #intheknow

The Ton Survived & Your Pipe Dream Died

18th September 2014

McCluskey available for transfer with immediate effect from Polock.

By the way his brothers behaving on twitter there seems to be more to it than just not being good enough.

He was refusing to play after Pollok refused to accept Stenhousemuir's bid of £0 for him.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I can't see anyone offering him any sort of deal other than a pay per play.  No club, including Morton, likely to take the risk of even a 6 month contract.  Sad to see a potentially good player out the game but he needs to prove his long term durability before he can get his career back on track.  I'd have him back at Cappielow on a per game basis.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

He’s chosen to burn that bridge and so must be left to deal with the inevitable failure that comes with disrespecting The Famous.

Sad!

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

He will find a club and I wouldn't be surprised if said club was Partick or St Mirren.

It still would be good to have some clarity on the situation. Why let him walk away.

He's chosen to walk away himself, the offer was on the table for long enough.

Anyway, he's pish.

• Downvote 6

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

For me Quitongo is probably the most over-rated Morton player in the last 20 years. Yes, he had a handful (and it was a handful) of outstanding games, and scored a few screamers, but the majority of the time his first touch and finishing were really poor... and his understanding of the game left a lot to be desired. 

He has so much to learn, and if he was ever fit, it maybe it would happen. Feel sorry for him, tough to be so plagued with injuries at such a young age.

• Downvote 10

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

John Maisano is the most overrated Morton player in the last 20 years IMO. Played the very occasional Riquelme role in Division 3. Nice guy but the way he was bigged up at the time is pretty embarrassing, looking back on it.

Maybe there are other candidates but I'm forgetting them. One thing's for sure, it's not Jai Quitongo.

EOho8Pw.png

Regular viewers will of course note that Zhivago has quietly ditched his similar insightful criticism of Chris Millar's attributes, after said player demonstrated his class by banging in both goals in The Famous' win last weekend. 

Is Zhivago a bona-fide moron? Yes, absolutely. 

We'll see how our midfield copes during the season. If I'm wrong about the Tidser/Millar/McAlister trio I'll happily admit it... I hope they guide us to promotion! Not saying Millar is a bad footballer by any means, saying the trio, including Millar, doesn't have the required mobility/fitness. Think it has been shown quite clearly already...

Some on here absolutely rave about Quitongo. Along with some others, I didn't ever think he was up to much... a weird player, unplayable a few times I saw him, but more often he was falling over his own feet or losing control of the ball. So, I do think he was massively over-rated by some... again, if he goes on to have a great career at a level higher than Morton, I'll have to admit I was wrong! Would be amazed if it happened.

Genuinely can't think of anyone else that was so over-hyped. Alex Williams? (although he was actually very consistent for a while)

Edited by Clydeview
  • Downvote 4

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

We'll see how our midfield copes during the season. If I'm wrong about the Tidser/Millar/McAlister trio I'll happily admit it... I hope they guide us to promotion! Not saying Millar is a bad footballer by any means, saying the trio, including Millar, doesn't have the required mobility/fitness. Think it has been shown quite clearly already...

Some on here absolutely rave about Quitongo. Along with some others, I didn't ever think he was up to much... a weird player, unplayable a few times I saw him, but more often he was falling over his own feet or losing control of the ball. So, I do think he was massively over-rated by some... again, if he goes on to have a great career at a level higher than Morton, I'll have to admit I was wrong! Would be amazed if it happened.

Genuinely can't think of anyone else that was so over-hyped. Alex Williams? (although he was actually very consistent for a while)

You don't half talk some amount of pish.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Alex Williams scored 24 goals in his first 24 games for us. The were legitimate reasons to get excited there, and always legitimate fears about whether he would fulfil his potential.