Thread About Ex Player - Page 202 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Good signing for them. If he can find the form he had with us a couple of seasons back he will be a fantastic player for them.

Wonder if they fancy taking Thomson on loan!

I'm not giving up on big Thomo just yet.( i know the majority have)

His first season back in full time football, playing mostly left mid which didn't really suit him IMO and he did struggle to make an impact.

If he gets a good pre season under his belt, with a a manager who knows him well, he might just get the best out of him. He scored goals in this league with a poor Dumbarton team so  surely he can do the same if not better with us. If McKinnon goes 4231, that might suit his game better as he won't need to track back as much as he did when Duffy played him left mid in a 4. Will need to work his arse off to get into the team right enough!

If he doesn't show any signs of improvement, then yeah get him out on loan or just part ways come Jan!

I'm not giving up on big Thomo just yet.( i know the majority have)

His first season back in full time football, playing mostly left mid which didn't really suit him IMO and he did struggle to make an impact.

If he gets a good pre season under his belt, with a a manager who knows him well, he might just get the best out of him. He scored goals in this league with a poor Dumbarton team so surely he can do the same if not better with us. If McKinnon goes 4231, that might suit his game better as he won't need to track back as much as he did when Duffy played him left mid in a 4. Will need to work his arse off to get into the team right enough!

If he doesn't show any signs of improvement, then yeah get him out on loan or just part ways come Jan!

This. When we signed him I remembered him from when he played against us for Brechin and he played up top. Maybe that’s where McKinnon will see him again? As a squad player I think he’s absolutely fine, but not at left mid. Duffy loved a striker at left mid!

There was a documentary type think on the BBC about Kerr and his time at Albion Rovers. They would score for fun but lose a barrel load of goals at opposite end. Worth a watch.

Paul McGowan admits to spitting on a bouncer outside a Dundee nightclub.

Surely there’s no alternative to jail this time...

Hope so. Wee prick doesn't seem to learn his lesson. He's been given chances before and made a mess of it.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I would love to have McGowan back at Cappielow. Best case scenario would be - he avoids a sentence, Dundee boot him anyway, we get him.

Best case scenario he goes to jail where he belongs. He's lucky he's not had a custodial sentence before now.

• Upvote 1

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I would love to have McGowan back at Cappielow. Best case scenario would be - he avoids a sentence, Dundee boot him anyway, we get him.

I'm sure that if Dundee did, he would more than likely end up at our friends up the road.

Best case scenario he goes to jail where he belongs. He's lucky he's not had a custodial sentence before now.

If he wasn't a talented footballer I'd agree with you, but our attacking needs must take precedence over the law.

EOho8Pw.png