Thread About Ex Player - Page 196 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Chris Millar realeased by St Johnstone.

He was at the home game v qots a few weeks back, just sitting in the stand with his kids.

Obviously still has an interest in Morton anyway. Would be a good signing imo.

Guest mcintyre_gmfc93

He was at the home game v qots a few weeks back, just sitting in the stand with his kids.

Obviously still has an interest in Morton anyway. Would be a good signing imo.

Still stays in Greenock AFAIK. Saw him and Jim McAlister at games last season.

Bobby Barr a sub for Raith Rovers who are staying down.

Ha ****ing ha.

Raith started selling season tickets a few weeks ago, locking some fans in for next season before their season collapsed.

And we thought Morton take us for mugs.

The season tickets were being sold early to cover their bills for the rest of this season; they were probably counting on Championship football to cover next season's spending instead. So now they're fucked.

Terrible, wee shame that.

• Downvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I'd have thought most clubs sell their season tickets before the end of the previous season and we're the exception rather than the rule? Certainly most fans of other clubs I speak to tell me about renewals much earlier than they're even thought of a Cappielow.

Much as Raith's misfortune's a hoot, is them shifting season tickets early that much of a story?

Edited by Toby

I'd have thought most clubs sell their season tickets before the end of the previous season and we're the exception rather than the rule? Certainly most fans of other clubs I speak to tell me about renewals much earlier than they're even thought of a Cappielow.

Much as Raith's misfortune's a hoot, is them shifting season tickets early that much of a story?

Morton are run like the goings-on of a professional football club always come as a mild surprise, like having to sell tickets and season books is some unexpected event. The day we stop doing all this stuff last-minute is the day I believe we've turned a corner.

To the club's credit they've gotten better at kit launches in that regard.

EOho8Pw.png

Don't know, my only experience is at Morton which I know isn't exactly efficient.

Thought they were getting some stick for it on P&B. Hard to market when you don't know what league you will be in or who you will be playing although with blind loyalty that might not be such an issue.

Actually, was that not one of the big reasons given against reconstruction with the weird league splits that was kicked into touch (aside from the fact that it was ridiculous)?

Fair enough if it's commonplace.

To the club's credit they've gotten better at kit launches in that regard.

They have - although they still only gave a couple of days notice of a confirmed public launch with just a few ITK posts to go on before that and lots of people asking questions.

This was a specific release in March (at the bargain price of £210 or something), which their board linked to the need to meet outstanding expenses before the end of this season. This was in the aftermath of their glamour derby against East Fife first being moved to a Sunday for BBC Alba coverage and then cancelled due to snow, which cost them gate and hospitality money they'd been counting on. Which means that the ST money from Raith's early bird scheme isn't going into pot for next season - unlike all other early bird drives - and they've spectacularly bottled the opportunity for Championship gates and prize money to cover their shortfall as well. They're fucked and not before time.

• Downvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

A lot of other clubs, generally larger ones, issue renewal messages etc,generally quite early. We get the old 'on sale in a week message put out in the middle of summer, for two to three weeks' after which a price hike kicks in approach. Sometimes with the added complication of no credit card payments for this at Smiths.