Thread About Ex Player - Page 189 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Connor McManus signs for east fife.

Still don't understand letting him go i get that he was Injured but he was our only other player that had an engine in the middle of the park.

I rue the day Murdoch gets an Injury.

Edited by Chesh

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

An engine?, a small 2 stroke effort at best. We should be aiming better than him, East Fife says it all.

I don't think he was ever going to be an earth-shattering signing, but he offered a level of protection to our back four that only Murdoch offers at present. If Murdoch gets injured we're fucked. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I agree regarding Murdoch but I don't believe the player mentioned at this stage in his development is good enough for a Morton 1st team start which I'd take as a minimum requirement for a loan player, you generally get players on loan you either can't sign or possibly afford to augment those you can.

He was not a loan player.

Looks like an earlier start on the cream sherry than usual for Eric the fantasist loser.

Sad!

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

That's a very good move for him, in fairness. They're technically tier 2 but that's because the "actual" tier 2 league, the NASL, was denied a license this year, so the USL Pro (formerly tier 3) moved up one almost by default. The quality ranges in USL ranges from fairly good, with high attendances and foreign stars (clubs like Cincinnati, San Antonio, and Sacramento are looking at eventually moving up to MLS, as Atlanta did from NASL*), to what are essentially youth teams and reserve teams. I'd fancy Morton to thrash the vast majority (but not all) USL teams based on what I've seen but nonetheless the standard is not awful and Caraux will be able to live cheaply in club facilities and maybe get a bit of exposure.

I think he's an absolutely rotten goalkeeper but I bear him no ill will whatsoever and hope he can improve and forge a good career for himself over here. Good luck to him.

*well, technically it's a "new" club but it was based on the potential shown by the Silverbacks. Indianapolis are hoping to be next to make the jump.

Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png

Kevin Cuthbert has retired through injury and will concentrate on coaching.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

That's a very good move for him, in fairness. They're technically tier 2 but that's because the "actual" tier 2 league, the NASL, was denied a license this year, so the USL Pro (formerly tier 3) moved up one almost by default. The quality ranges in USL ranges from fairly good, with high attendances and foreign stars (clubs like Cincinnati, San Antonio, and Sacramento are looking at eventually moving up to MLS, as Atlanta did from NASL*), to what are essentially youth teams and reserve teams. I'd fancy Morton to thrash the vast majority (but not all) USL teams based on what I've seen but nonetheless the standard is not awful and Caraux will be able to live cheaply in club facilities and maybe get a bit of exposure.

I think he's an absolutely rotten goalkeeper but I bear him no ill will whatsoever and hope he can improve and forge a good career for himself over here. Good luck to him.

*well, technically it's a "new" club but it was based on the potential shown by the Silverbacks. Indianapolis are hoping to be next to make the jump.

What happens to the NASL then? Was there not some half decent sides in that league?

What happens to the NASL then? Was there not some half decent sides in that league?

I dunno what happens, haven't read about it in a few weeks. Last I saw they were appealing.

The clubs in the NASL ranged from major outfits hoping for a shot at the MLS to places that, with respect, had no business having a second tier team (eg Edmonton, Alberta). My guess is there was just too much instability - the teams that showed strong management and fan appeal were quick to move on (Minnesota, Atlanta, Montreal), then there were only a few clubs that seemed secure and happy at tier 2 level (the Cosmos, to their credit, seemed to do OK given that their path to the MLS was closed), and a whole lot that had no business there. Edmonton in fairness to them managed a good few years. The biggest failure of all was Rayo OKC, set up in Oklahoma City by Rayo Vallecano. This upset their own left-wing fans because it looked like a Yank-flavored cash grab, and the people of OKC never really took to them because they already had a team called the Energy who have a decent level of support in the US. Players who showed up for this inexplicable joke included Georgios Samaras.

My general feeling is that pro soccer in the US is expanding too quickly and the NASL is a victim of that. We need a period of consolidation. Far too many clubs are running at a loss even given the very low to non-existent wages being paid by many outfits at tier 3 and below. One advantage we have here over the old days is a massive player pool from all around the world, given immigration to the US has changed so much since the 60s, but this doesn't translate into a good professional environment. The NASL is proof.

Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png

A quick Google shows the rump NASL is suing US Soccer (their FA) directors:

https://www.socceramerica.com/publications/article/76674/nasls-legal-barrage-continues-with-suit-against-u.html

https://www.courthousenews.com/us-soccer-under-fire-from-desanctioned-minor-league/

This looks very messy and I don't know the ins and outs, but I think the thrust is that because USS makes so much cash off MLS it was seen as not caring at all about NASL and instead only focusing on MLS and (due to the presence of MLS youth teams) the USL. 

For all I know there's truth in that, but I would add that the NASL looked like a league with relatively little fan support and the teams that did have it were openly and blatantly using it as a springboard, so its own frailties were plain to see. So although the lawsuit says that USS was trying to entice teams away from the NASL, from the outside looking in it doesn't look like they had to do much enticing. Every team remotely big enough (and some that aren't) wants a shot at the majors.

Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png

My general feeling is that pro soccer in the US is expanding too quickly and the NASL is a victim of that. We need a period of consolidation. Far too many clubs are running at a loss even given the very low to non-existent wages being paid by many outfits at tier 3 and below. One advantage we have here over the old days is a massive player pool from all around the world, given immigration to the US has changed so much since the 60s, but this doesn't translate into a good professional environment. The NASL is proof.

MURCA

maxresdefault.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg