Thread About Ex Player - Page 143 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Not a huge fan of either Barr or McManus, but Barr would have been useful to have as an alternative to Forbes for the past 2 months, and McManus would comfortably be the 2nd best (fit) striker in our squad.

Having both of them around this season could have made a big difference to our current predicament.

McManus ****ed us over. Barr went for a longer contract and more cash. Fair dos.

McManus would probably be a decent 4th choice forward if he wasn't getting paid too much but after the way he messed Duffy about I'm not sure he'd take him.

I wouldn't mind having Barr back as he's a decent option out wide but is a bit inconsistent although there's probably next to no chance Duffy would go for him.

Neither are anywhere near the level we are aspiring to.

'4th choice' 'decent option' - not what we should be looking at. We have a good nucleus. We should be looking for improvements on current starters, not squad padding.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

McManus is still better than Kudus, Shankland, Scullion and possibly McDonagh when played there. I don't think we're yet in a position to be that fussy about strikers. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

McManus is still better than Kudus, Shankland, Scullion and possibly McDonagh when played there. I don't think we're yet in a position to be that fussy about strikers.

None of whom should be in our squad, listed as attackers next season.

Kudus - 4 goals in 24

McManus - 4 goals in 32.

Hmm.

Worth remembering McManus has has been playing for a s***eheap Fife outfit and Kudus has had the benefit of expert delivery from The Famous. 

McManus isn't great but he'd have scored more than any of our other strikers this season given the game time - except Quitongo, probably.

Edit to add I actually like Kudus though and this isn't me having a go at him.

Edited by GiGi

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

None of whom should be in our squad, listed as attackers next season.

Correct. We already have Quitongo, Oliver and Thomson signed up for next season. We need one, at most two more forwards in the first team squad and none of those players should be considered for the role. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

McManus isn't great but he'd have scored more than any of our other strikers this season given the game time - except Quitongo, probably.

Objection! Speculation.

We need to be looking further up the food chain than either Kudus or McManus.

• Upvote 1
MORTON - NEWCASTLE

Objection! Speculation.

We need to be looking further up the food chain than either Kudus or McManus.

I don't disagree and not sure why you seem to be suggesting I want either back.

• Upvote 1

onsP5NR.jpg

Allan Jenkins and his Ballymena side have beaten Glenavon 2-1 to clinch a place in next season's Europa League.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Barr is a snake whose plunge down the ranks of the game should be savoured like Alex Salmond enjoys a good cullen skink.

1428418639-d2436d6c6a8200a35d65ab4efa46a

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Aidan Nesbitt has been called up to the Scotland squad for the Toulon tournament. Bit surprised Jamie Lindsay has been overlooked for it.

Whatever else might be the case, is he not too old?

I'm a bit surprised that Nesbitt has been called up.

Whatever else might be the case, is he not too old?

I'm a bit surprised that Nesbitt has been called up.

He's 21, but I'm sure a lot of the England team at the last one were that age.