Thread About Ex Player - Page 107 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Believe it or not I raised largely the same objections but they're adamant that the people bankrolling Leverkusen have this few-year strategy.

The way Bayern use Dortmund as a "feeder" club but both have been by and large the dominant two in the BL, Bayer (the pharmaceutical owner) would need to have a real bankroll one close season to go for it. Massive gamble though despite Wolfsburg most recently pulling it off (again bankrolled but old head manager had the team playing to a system with two cracking, in form strikers (bit like Leicester last season with all the big guns faltering)). As you said, never say never (Leicester) but I do feel they should strengthen and consolidate as the main challenger before really going for it.

• Upvote 1

The way Bayern use Dortmund as a "feeder" club but both have been by and large the dominant two in the BL, Bayer (the pharmaceutical owner) would need to have a real bankroll one close season to go for it. Massive gamble though despite Wolfsburg most recently pulling it off (again bankrolled but old head manager had the team playing to a system with two cracking, in form strikers (bit like Leicester last season with all the big guns faltering)). As you said, never say never (Leicester) but I do feel they should strengthen and consolidate as the main challenger before really going for it.

Again, couldn't agree more - but the impression I got was that they are looking to time this bankroll gamble very carefully, and that is very hard to do. Even if they managed to time the downfall of Bayern to the correct year, there's no saying that a Dortmund or even an HSV or someone couldn't storm to the top of the league. I think what they were getting at is, Leverkusen aren't going to just sink into the mid-table but rather try to build something and bide their time.

It'll be funny as fuck if they fail, though.

EOho8Pw.png

Ayr supporting mate sent me this - says it's in the Sunday Post.

Am hoping it's a wind up.

image.jpeg

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

That won't be allowed to happen.

Ayr fan says it's a done deal.

Are we still announcing a signing tomorrow?

Edited by AyrshireTon

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

If it's down to money surely we can offer more than fucking Ayr United.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

It's the fucking Sunday Post, settle.

If it is true and Ayr are outbidding even the likes of us, Raith or QoS for full-time signings, they'll be as dead as Rangers within a few years.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Season ticket going back if it's not Dece signing in the morning...

There's no way surely he would sign for Ayr, mon tae ****!

If we don't sign McManus you're going to pull a Zhivago? Even if the Ayr rumour is nonsense?

• Upvote 2

HHkTu1F.jpg

If we don't sign McManus you're going to pull a Zhivago? Even if the Ayr rumour is nonsense?

Aye that's where I'm at pal. It's Dece or nothing Im afraid, let's all pull a Zhivago? 😂 I am obviously joking.

In the outside chance that this happens serious questions have to be asked of the Morton Board as to why we couldn't offer terms McManus wanted and Ayr could...

I don't think he was that great last season so maybe they rate him more highly than Duffy and are prepared to pay over the odds for him.

That said, I'd still like him to come back.

I don't think he was that great last season so maybe they rate him more highly than Duffy and are prepared to pay over the odds for him.

That said, I'd still like him to come back.

To be fair he was played out of position behind denny In the more high profile games.

I think he has plenty more to offer at this level if we use him like we did in league 1.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh