Thread About Ex Player - Page 106 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Peaso officially signs for Clyde. Will score for fun in that league if he's fit.

He'll also likely score a hat trick against us in two weeks.

Hope Peaso manages to last another season, but it looked like his legs were totally gone the last few times he appeared for us..

• Downvote 1

Darren Cole on trial at Dunfermline :lol:

A central defensive partnership of Darren Cole and Ben-Richards Everton would be hilarious.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Just reading there that Greenock born Jimmy Frizzell died on the 3rd of July aged 79 (apologies if already mentioned elsewhere).

He played for the Ton between 1957 and 1960 before moving to Oldham where he went on to become a bit of a club legend, 10 years as a player followed by 12 years their manager from 1970 to 1982. He also managed Manchester City in the mid 80s for a short time, after they sacked Billy McNeill.

I remember we played Oldham in the Anglo-Scottish cup in the late 70s or early 80s when he was their manager and he wrote a really nice piece in the Oldham programme about Greenock and the Ton.

Just reading there that Greenock born Jimmy Frizzell died on the 3rd of July aged 79 (apologies if already mentioned elsewhere).

He played for the Ton between 1957 and 1960 before moving to Oldham where he went on to become a bit of a club legend, 10 years as a player followed by 12 years their manager from 1970 to 1982. He also managed Manchester City in the mid 80s for a short time, after they sacked Billy McNeill.

I remember we played Oldham in the Anglo-Scottish cup in the late 70s or early 80s when he was their manager and he wrote a really nice piece in the Oldham programme about Greenock and the Ton.

We signed him from Largs Thistle apparently in Sept 1957 and sold him to Oldham in May 1960. These were not good years for Morton, stuck in the lower reaches of Div. 2 He played 43 games in total and scored 4 goals but only 2 games in his middle season ( 1958/59).

Joe McKee scored a volley for Carlislle on Saturday, good wee player

Maybe just as well he didn't take up his invitation to take part in "Love Island" this summer😀

I'd love to have you both for dinner

Their manager was asked about it today and has rubbished the story thankfully. Here's hoping they can't get rid of him.

I was out with a few German and Austrian guys from work, and they all said that Leverkusen are waiting for Bayern to falter so they can make a run at the Bundesliga title. This suggests, to me, that they're not looking for £1.5m bombscare wanknuggets like Efe Ambrose.

EOho8Pw.png

I was out with a few German and Austrian guys from work, and they all said that Leverkusen are waiting for Bayern to falter so they can make a run at the Bundesliga title. This suggests, to me, that they're not looking for £1.5m bombscare wanknuggets like Efe Ambrose.

This suggests to me that those guys don't know what they're talking about. Waiting for Bayern to falter? Leverkusen have been nowhere near them points wise for years. They have never won the BL. They have been runners up twice since the turn of the century. The season Bayern did "falter", they couldn't get past Dortmund, who are more likely to capitalise on any further "faltering" by Bayern based on more recent performances.

This suggests to me that those guys don't know what they're talking about. Waiting for Bayern to falter? Leverkusen have been nowhere near them points wise for years. They have never won the BL. They have been runners up twice since the turn of the century. The season Bayern did "falter", they couldn't get past Dortmund, who are more likely to capitalise on any further "faltering" by Bayern based on more recent performances.

Bayern won't falter anyway.

Believe it or not I raised largely the same objections but they're adamant that the people bankrolling Leverkusen have this few-year strategy.

EOho8Pw.png

Bayern won't falter anyway.

Sure, just like Lyon never stopped winning Lugue 1.

It's not that long ago that Bayern were struggling against Aberdeen and Getafe. It's mighty foolish in football to assume that things will always remain as they are today.

EOho8Pw.png