Thread About Ex Player - Page 96 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Reece Hands' new team Aqua Teen Hunger Force beats Rugby Town 3-2 with a last minute goal.

We will now call him Hands.... Banana.

The only words he knows are good and ball.

• Upvote 1

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

He's not named, but there is of course a former Morton player in the team photo at the top of this story about the Comoros winning a competitive game for the first time ever: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35901369

Unable to confirm if that's actually the team photo from yesterday's game though, no team-lines anywhere to confirm if he played or not.

Edit: Found them, he wasn't playing. When looking I stumbled across this video of the goal: https://twitter.com/afrikfoot/status/713010121115373568

That pitch :lol:

Edited by dunning1874

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Good to see Fred's international team doing well.

Hypothetically speaking, if he still played for us we could commemorate the occasion with a 'Comoros Day'. This would be a good idea - better than, for example, waving flags for a country he probably doesn't give a fuck about.

EOho8Pw.png

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see Fred's international team doing well.

Hypothetically speaking, if he still played for us we could commemorate the occasion with a 'Comoros Day'. This would be a good idea - better than, for example, waving flags for a country he probably doesn't give a **** about.

Scandinavian press really talking him up as one to watch as the new season gets under way. Seems to have made a big impression over there.

• Upvote 1

Scandinavian press really talking him up as one to watch as the new season gets under way. Seems to have made a big impression over there.

He was a fine player, can't believe people didn't rate him.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

A useful player when the correct system is used and he has suitable players around him. His lack of progression while at Morton really disappointed me to be honest. I'd love to see if he's picked up anymore positional awareness/discipline since leaving.

I couldn't care less how his career pans out after the manner of his departure from the club.

My only wish for him is that his next shite's a hedgehog.

Agreed. Just needed some fine tuning to his game, he has all the tools. He's still a rat **** tho so **** him.

I couldn't care less how his career pans out after the manner of his departure from the club.

My only wish for him is that his next shite's a hedgehog.

For the life of me I cant remember what he did??

For the life of me I cant remember what he did??

There was some talk about him refusing to play at the start of last season in order to force through a move. I guess that's what Toby and LargsTon are referring to? No idea if there's any truth to it.

Overall Fred was a very good player for us and was a real standout at times. Obviously the season we were relegated he was poor but who wasn't apart from Dougie imrie that year. the rumours of him refusing to play to get a move will have soured his reputation amongst some fans but his ability shouldn't be questioned

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Overall Fred was a very good player for us and was a real standout at times. Obviously the season we were relegated he was poor but who wasn't apart from Dougie imrie that year. the rumours of him refusing to play to get a move will have soured his reputation amongst some fans but his ability shouldn't be questioned

Neither of us have questioned his ability. Merely his "alleged" behaviour at the time of his departure from the club.

Hopefully the little rat never darkens* our door again.

*There you go Ed, another excuse to label someone a racist like you did on P&B.

He shipped 70 league goals in a defensive midfield role; I think that counts as a wee bit more than just 'poor'. And as for 'who wasn't poor?' Well... the rest will largely go down either as particularly black marks in the club's history books, or will be ringers who we won't even remember playing for the club in a few years time: Ben Sampayo, everyone. So if we're going to be even-handed about it, then the simply woeful efforts of Bachirou to achieve his role to any effect shouldn't be written off as something that doesn't count. It does count, and his performances on the park were as rancid that season as pretty much any alleged conduct off it.

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are