Ipad 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ipad 2

Ashman

Apple announced Ipad 2 today which will be released later this month. It has a 720p camera on the back and a facetime camera on the front and its available in white.

I said when the first iPad came out I wouldnt buy it because the next one would be out soon with a camera and better features! Apple could've very easily put a camera on the first iPad but then nobody would bother upgrading it! Its just a big iPod anyway

FTOF

Apparently there is another one coming out before the end of the year.

do you have a source?

I personally doubt it. apple usually only make annual upgrades. makes financial sense to do it that way... but you never know I suppose.

Apple products are for mugs.

maybe a wee bit strong that, but though the ipad is a nice enough bit of kit it's still a triumph of style over practicality in terms of value for money.

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

Apple products are for mugs.

I agree.

Just because it is apple doesn't by default make it better.

Too many people buy into the brand.

Creative Zen mp3/mp4 player for example is just as good if not better than Ipod & comes with the benefit of not messing about with Itunes.

Plenty of other tablet Pc's are better performing than the IPAD.

Same goes with the Iphone.

user posted image

To say their products are for mugs, with no further explanation, doesn't really cut it I am afraid. The fact of the matter is, Apple produce some high quality kit, that is used by various types of people.

Yes, their kit is expensive, and yes, there are similar alternatives out there, and of course they are an evil corporation that only want our £££..... However, I have toiled for years with s***ty microsoft operating systems and dodgy PCs/laptops, and now I find using OSX on my macbook pro an absolute joy in comparison. Also my iphone does everything I could possibly want, and more.

Its all about the individual though, whatever floats your boat etc... I do find, however, that it is quite "trendy" to be an apple hater these days.

Apple products seem to me to be as much fashion items as functional products, although that said, they do seem to be quite functional too. My objection to them is that they appear to be set up to empty your wallet at every opportunity. Personally I prefer Android as you aren't locked in to the app store to the same extent.

Also, with other brands you can replace the battery yourself if necessary...

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

do you have a source?

I personally doubt it. apple usually only make annual upgrades. makes financial sense to do it that way... but you never know I suppose.

There was a bit on Radio 4 yesterday when they were discussing the new release and one of the 'experts' was saying that apple had all the technology in place for that release ages ago, ie cameras, and that they have had enough development time to release an updated version later on in the year. Try googling ipad 3, the techies of this world seem to agree.

There was a bit on Radio 4 yesterday when they were discussing the new release and one of the 'experts' was saying that apple had all the technology in place for that release ages ago, ie cameras, and that they have had enough development time to release an updated version later on in the year. Try googling ipad 3, the techies of this world seem to agree.

this is a no brainer really, don't really need an "expert" to tell us that

big corporations like apple withold releasing all their new technology in one shot, as this does not make commercial sense. a newer, must have version, every year makes them more $ in the long term.

If apple release an ipad 3 before the end of 2011 I will eat my hat (if I had one)

They probably have the technology in mind for the ipad 4, 5 and 6 already.

Archived