Playstation Move - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Playstation Move

Ashman

Sony's new motion sensor controlloer is out soon. From the videos and demos Ive seen it really looks brilliant. The Wii is good fun but think the PS Move will take motion control to a whole new level. Does anyone else think it will be better than Wii and Xbox Kinect?

FTOF

It does look good but im just not a big fan of the movement stuff for computers i would prefer to stick to the old school way of playing the computer.

Yip ^_^

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Looks amazing? I think it looks like something from an Ann Summers bargain bin.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

Move and Kinect are overpriced gimmicks, much like the Wii in fact. If Kinect was cheaper I'd get it for the whole Minority Report style menu navigation along with the voice recognition, just because it's cool, but apart from that none of them have any use to me.

ryu-blackhadou.gif

jSuper_Street_Fighter_II_Turbo.png

An internet fud is still a fud.

Disagree. Move is just a ripoff of the Wii, but kinect looks superb.

Check out the Zune Music Player that'll be accessible with the Kinect controls-just say xbox play/xbox pause or wave your hands for the next track!

I'm considering replacing my Apple TV as my music/movie/photo player if the interface is good and I can stream stuff easily to the xbox.

Yer Dong

Check out the Zune Music Player that'll be accessible with the Kinect controls-just say xbox play/xbox pause or wave your hands for the next track!

I'm considering replacing my Apple TV as my music/movie/photo player if the interface is good and I can stream stuff easily to the xbox.

Ah, you see I agree with everything you've said but I am (IMO) correct in saying it's overpriced. £130 is a bit ridiculous, even though as I've said the whole Minority Report/voice control aspect is very cool.

I am very interested to see what developers come up with to make use of it though. The idea of a COD style game that mixes traditional controls with the Kinect (to throw a grenade for example) sounds like a hoot and I'm defo interested in the official UFC Fight Trainer and *cough* Dance Central. :blush: These are the games that only Kinect can do, Move and the Wii just aren't capable of doing them the same way.

Edit to add: I wasn't comparing Move and Kinect to the Wii in a technology sense, I was saying that I think all three are overpriced gimmicks. If Kinect comes down to the £75ish mark then it;s a gimmick I'd pay for though, unlike the Move or Wii.

ryu-blackhadou.gif

I thought that's why you upgraded to the xbox slim, Cos it was kinect ready?

Yer Dong

I thought that's why you upgraded to the xbox slim, Cos it was kinect ready?

Nah, just because it looks shexshie in my livingroom. :D

I think the Kinect has possibilities and was fairly excited about it but the price has put me right off. The worry is that a lot of people feel the same way and it ends up going the same way as the Vision Cam.

ryu-blackhadou.gif

I think the Move stuff looks quite good- more so than the Wii....you are so anti Sony boyo!

Archived