University Of The West Of Scotland - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

University Of The West Of Scotland

My oldest little cherub has been offered a place there in September. She has to decide in the the fortnight whether or not to accept it, or go to uni here in Belgium. So no pressure then. :)

If anyone on here have any experience of this uni either directly themselves or through friends or relatives, I'd really appreciate your feedback.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My oldest little cherub has been offered a place there in September. She has to decide in the the fortnight whether or not to accept it, or go to uni here in Belgium. So no pressure then. :)

If anyone on here have any experience of this uni either directly themselves or through friends or relatives, I'd really appreciate your feedback.

Is it not a tie up with Paisley Uni & colleges from Ayrshire/Galloway :unsure:

If it has anything to do with Paisley Uni tell her to study in Belgium.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Is it not a tie up with Paisley Uni & colleges from Ayrshire/Galloway :unsure:

If it has anything to do with Paisley Uni tell her to study in Belgium.

don't listen to the Paisley haters

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

A pal of mine is there doing Digital art and he is doing well , with no complaints about the place , I suppose it depends whats she is studying I suppose.

As far as I am aware it has a fairly good reputation.

despite the pishley thing

In terms of studying, it depends 100% on the course as to whether or not it's any good. As others have stated there are plenty of good courses at WoS. There are also some pretty rubbish ones.

EOho8Pw.png

The uni in general doesn't really get a good name because it's so near to the likes of Glasgow and Strathclyde but there are plenty of good courses and plenty of top lecturers.

I've done Accounting there for 2 years (paisley campus) and in general the University is a good place to be.

No idea about that specific department though.

TTG JIM!!!

don't listen to the Paisley haters

Not my fault Paisley Uni is one of the worst in Scotland. :rolleyes:

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

The UotWoS has a campus in Dumfries, at the Crichton estate which is a former asylum/mental hospital. I'm not sure what courses they offer but I get the impression they're a bit ethereal, arty courses and that sort of stuff. They certainly don't have an Engineering department and I'm pretty sure they don't do science either.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

was she doing something like nursing, or design or compuitery stuff, i think uws is good. but forensics isnt one of their better known courses, mrs leyton does it at glasgow, but i think strath and stirling have got fairly good reputations aswell. go with belgium

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

Caley's a ****ing clown college.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It's Forensic Science.

My sister-in-law does that at UWS, it's very chemistry based apparently. Forensic science makes it sound exciting, but it's basically chemistry with a little bit extra. Check out accreditation - UWS can be a bit rubbish for that.

Archived