What The Fck Was That? - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What The Fck Was That?

Same as Saturday - really good in the first half and utterly awful in the second.

ICT look nothing like a title winning side - big lumps up the park, loads of time-wasting and a fair amount of cynical fouls. Having said that they had four shots, all of which were worthy of note - in, off the bar, cleared off the line and in. Our many first half shots produced one save of note and the rest were down the keepers' throat. I suppose being able to grind out points whilst being total gash is the sign of a team at the top.

I am baffled as to why at least one of their players was not red-carded.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why did I single Stewart and Greacen out? Because they were the 2 worst players on the park. MacFarlane played well for the first hour or so, but tired badly and had to go off. I expect pish from Finlayson and that's exactly what we got, so it's hardly surprising.

Shimmin was terribly at fault for the 2nd goal, however Alan Jenkins was on the park 2 seconds and couldn't even be bothered going for a ball that was about a yard away from him leading to ICTs charge upfield. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed but Shimmin had his leg bandaged up, and maybe that's why he wasn't playing on Saturday. I'm not making excuses for him as he was poor 2nd half as well but he's by far the best of our central defenders.

BTW, where was Masterton? Injured I hope. There's no way we can leave him out if he isn't!

And I'm amazed no one else has picked up on the fact that the rest of the team are scared to shoot from the edge of the box, while Witts is trying all sorts to get a goal. Peter, Tidser, Monti all had the ball at the edge of the box at least once each and decided to attempt to control it, pass it, or skin a player then shoot instead of just putting their foot through the ball. It's not hard.

TTG JIM!!!

Decent showing in the first half from our lot - heaven knows what happened to us after the break.

Witteveen, Tidser and Monti all done well tonight and Shimmin, for the most part, was his usual solid self.

Colin's kicking was woeful throughout the night and Macfarlane was utterly ineffective - I think he's done.

Deserved win for ICT in the end, and it was the kind of game that wins championships.

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man"

morton4rp5.png

BTW, where was Masterton? Injured I hope. There's no way we can leave him out if he isn't!

Aye, very good.

You hope one of our players is injured!

Fuxake! :angry:

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Actually thought Ref had a decent game and let the play flow only the exception to his performance was bottling out of the Red card decision

Yeah, I'm finding it hard to believe that it was Brian Winter reffing that match tonight - he let the game flow as much as possible. I thought he called that particular decision right, FWIW.

morton4rp5.png

I think you misunderstood him. Second part of that sentence suggests he doesn't hope he's injured.

I know - but what a statement to make.

I know - but what a statement to make.

No AT. I think he meant that it was a mad decision to leave Masterton out of the squad - and that the only factor that would make it a reasonable decision was if he was injured. Therefore : Injured I hope.

At least I hope that's what he means :unsure:

Show Racism the Red Card

No AT. I think he meant that it was a mad decision to leave Masterton out of the squad - and that the only factor that would make it a reasonable decision was if he was injured. Therefore : Injured I hope.

At least I hope that's what he means :unsure:

It may be worded terribly, but that's exactly what I meant. I thought AT was looking for a whoosh tbh, hence why I didn't reply directly to him.

TTG JIM!!!

We deserved a draw tonight. Early goal against the run of play, a ref who bottled a very easy decision to send the player off when Witteveen was denied a "clear goalscoring opportunity" by "the last man" (so no matter what your interpretation of the rules, the defender should have walked) and a late sucker punch were our undoing.

I actually didn't think that we played too badly against the league leaders tonight. We were by far the better side in the first half with Tidser, Monti and Witteveen particularly lively. Stewart's kicking was not as good as normal tonight and MacFarlane just wasn't quick enough to play as part of a 2 man midfield up against 3 opposition centre midfielders.

We have got a tough run-in coming up, but I think that we are playing well enough to beat the drop, but the results must improve.

� The Fire Breathing Morton Guy - I'm not Pat!

It may be worded terribly, but that's exactly what I meant. I thought AT was looking for a whoosh tbh, hence why I didn't reply directly to him.

Not looking for a whoosh - just thought it was a fairly callous thing to type.

Hope he doesn't see it.

I thought we playedsome really good stuff first half despite the early sickener. Saw Billy Dodds and another coach (whose name escapes me) taking lots of notes at the game, who is Dodds working for now?

Co pilot at Dundee isn't he ?

Show Racism the Red Card

First off, I didn't expect anything from this game, but to say I'm disappointed would be an understatement.

I'd love to know what Grady said at HT: "You don't deserve to be behind and are playing well. Please stop."

First half performance was good, Witteveen had a few half chances and ICT should have seen a man sent off IMO. Ref was terrible (again!).

Second half was the exact opposite. Everything was terrible, possibly with the exception of Witteveen who made the most out of VERY little. Witteveen had a half volley from the halfway line which looked to be going in the whole way, it had the keeper beaten and landed just centimetres to the wrong side of the post. Why is it he can come close from that distance yet every other person in the team is scared to shoot if they're more than 2 yards from goal? The number of times the ball lands on the edge of the box and wed try to be fancy or pass it instead of just hammering it at goal is unreal.

Jenks was on the field for about 30 secs before his monumental **** up which lead to their 2nd, Paartalu was shooting the wrong way, and Simmons was dreadful (how many times was it fcking obvious Peter was telling him to hold as there was no one near him, only for him to flick it on to erm .. no one?).

Of the team that started Stewart and Greacen had absolute nightmares. The rest were very poor 2nd half.

Excellent post sumed the game up perfectly

We deserved a draw tonight.

Maybe after our 1st half performance where we more that matched Caley and had a few good chances, but second half we were well beaten, like someone has said Butcher must have kicked some arses in the away dressing room at half time as they looked much better than they did in the first half.

I dunno what was in our players half time bovril though as we were awful, second to every ball, couldn't string 3 passes together and even when we had a few clear openings at goal, our players would either try and beat a man or pass it to another Morton player instead of having a shot. Only clear chance we had was Witteveen's half volley from the half way line. That's twice in 2 games he has tried that as he done the same against QOTS at the weekend.

Glad we have a weekend off now as I think some of the players can benefit from having a full week off instead of playing Sat/Tue/Sat like we have done the past few weeks.

I thought we playedsome really good stuff first half despite the early sickener. Saw Billy Dodds and another coach (whose name escapes me) taking lots of notes at the game, who is Dodds working for now?

Gus McPherson and Andy 'The Model' Millen were at the game as well tonight.

morton4rp5.png

Pretty much agree with whats been said previously, good first half, terrible second. Once again schoolboy defending has cost us. Worryingly in the second half we seemed to look absolutely shattered, Tidser in particular who was running the midfield in the first barely kicked the ball in the second. Monti aswel looked like a player in the first but was nowhere to be found later on, to be fair to him though that was his first game in god knows how long. Does anyone know if Grady has stuck by his decision earlier in the season to cut down on the training time?

McFarlane was torture, he just looks old and slow constantly turning into trouble and giving the ball away. Stewart from nowhere seems to be lacking on confidence, how many balls did he kick over the stand for no reason? Dom, who is still by far our best defender, doesnt look his normal self either. His timing seems to be off and i still have no idea why he ran off his marker for their second.

Whiteeven is the only player who wants to shoot, and he almost scored an absolute belter from about 40 yards. He looks slow, but somehow more often than not does something productive when he gets the ball. Peter struggled, hard to say how much thats to do with his injury.

Oh, and i actually didnt think it was a sending off, but i was obviously in the minority! ha.

Most worryingly however is I just cant see where the points are going to come from to keep us up. I know some mentalists on here don't think it will be that bad if we do drop down but i think it would be disasterous. No money, no crowd, worse players, Rae is already showing signs that hes sick of it. Basically theres no indication that we would ever come back up.

I want a pretentious signature too.

Good first half if we took one of these early chances its a totally different game, there first attack of the game they score!! Then its all Morton after that but cant score... Slack in the second half apart from Witts 40 yarder not much to show we looked a tired team!! Then we lose a bad goal near the end might be a good thing that we dont have a game at the weekend hopefully we will beat County at Cappielow next Tuesday then Dundee at Cappielow on the Saturday got a feeling that its going to go to the last game of the season....

Archived