What The Fck Was That? - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What The Fck Was That?

First off, I didn't expect anything from this game, but to say I'm disappointed would be an understatement.

I'd love to know what Grady said at HT: "You don't deserve to be behind and are playing well. Please stop."

First half performance was good, Witteveen had a few half chances and ICT should have seen a man sent off IMO. Ref was terrible (again!).

Second half was the exact opposite. Everything was terrible, possibly with the exception of Witteveen who made the most out of VERY little. Witteveen had a half volley from the halfway line which looked to be going in the whole way, it had the keeper beaten and landed just centimetres to the wrong side of the post. Why is it he can come close from that distance yet every other person in the team is scared to shoot if they're more than 2 yards from goal? The number of times the ball lands on the edge of the box and wed try to be fancy or pass it instead of just hammering it at goal is unreal.

Jenks was on the field for about 30 secs before his monumental **** up which lead to their 2nd, Paartalu was shooting the wrong way, and Simmons was dreadful (how many times was it fcking obvious Peter was telling him to hold as there was no one near him, only for him to flick it on to erm .. no one?).

Of the team that started Stewart and Greacen had absolute nightmares. The rest were very poor 2nd half.

TTG JIM!!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The team that scored twice and forced our keeper to make 2 great saves won. The team that had not one threatening shot on goal in 90minutes and could not mark lost. Football is simple!

Have to agree Chris, but also we just aint good enough. Clear out is LONG overdue.

First off, I didn't expect anything from this game, but to say I'm disappointed would be an understatement.

I'd love to know what Grady said at HT: "You don't deserve to be behind and are playing well. Please stop."

First half performance was good, Witteveen had a few half chances and ICT should have seen a man sent off IMO. Ref was terrible (again!).

Second half was the exact opposite. Everything was terrible, possibly with the exception of Witteveen who made the most out of VERY little. Witteveen had a half volley from the halfway line which looked to be going in the whole way, it had the keeper beaten and landed just centimetres to the wrong side of the post. Why is it he can come close from that distance yet every other person in the team is scared to shoot if they're more than 2 yards from goal? The number of times the ball lands on the edge of the box and wed try to be fancy or pass it instead of just hammering it at goal is unreal.

Jenks was on the field for about 30 secs before his monumental **** up which lead to their 2nd, Paartalu was shooting the wrong way, and Simmons was dreadful (how many times was it fcking obvious Peter was telling him to hold as there was no one near him, only for him to flick it on to erm .. no one?).

Of the team that started Stewart and Greacen had absolute nightmares. The rest were very poor 2nd half.

Stewarts was dodgy tonight but big Greacen played well.

How can you single those 2 out and ignore McFarlane and finlayson who were awful

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

The team that scored twice and forced our keeper to make 2 great saves won. The team that had not one threatening shot on goal in 90minutes and could not mark lost. Football is simple!

We had a threatning shot in the first 90 seconds.. ???

Just bounce if you hate St Mirren

Actually thought Ref had a decent game and let the play flow only the exception to his performance was bottling out of the Red card decision

forever optimistic

Stewarts was dodgy tonight but big Greacen played well.

How can you single those 2 out and ignore McFarlane and finlayson who were awful

Finlayson being awful is a given surely, i cheered when he was taken off..

You've got to be kidding when you say Greacen played well? My god him and Shimmin were HONKING, as were most of the team.

I thought they did ok in spite of Mcfarlane continuosly giving the ball away in midfield and putting them under pressure

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

One of the most frustrating games I have attended this season. Morton started very brightly and were playing the ball around well and creating chances.

Tidser was running the midfield and Monti was filling the left hand role well.

Big Witts put in a cracking shot ony for the ICT keeper to get a hand to it. Looked a goal all the way to me but fair play to the keeper in getting a hand to it.

Then ICT break away up the right hand side and their wee winger gets to the byline and puts in a terrific cross to the back post. Foran rises and beats Greacen to head a powerful header towards goal. Stewart doesn't make the save and we are a goal down - sickener !

Stewart should really have done better. And to be honest was poor all night, very hesitant and indecisive.

We had a chance to get back in the game when Peter played big Witts in with a fine through ball. The big man races in towards the penalty box only to be brought down by a professional tackle from behind.

But the ref bottled the decision and gave a yellow. A quite unbeilevable decision !

We continued to make chances and out played ICT in the 1st half and were very unlucky to be behind.

The 2nd half started the same way as we played in the opening 45 minutes. But ICT began to put everyone behind the ball and reverted to punt the ball up the park. We couldn't break them down as the ICT defence was holding strong with no nonsence defending. Dreadful to watch in a footballing sense from ICT.

As the game wore on our midfield began to lose shape and started to give silly balls away. Worst culprit was McFarlane who was rightly subbed.

The defence started to look shakey as well as they sometimes struggled with the punt up the park by ICT.

In a break away move ICT got the ball upto our 18yard line. Simple ball played to Rooney, who was marked by Shimmin. Rooney plays it back across the 18 yard line to Foran. Shimmin leaves his marker for some unknown reason and Foran just simply gave Ronney the ball back for him to run in on goal and slot the ball past Sewart ! 2-0 as simple as that.

We were the better footballing team and I suppose ICT won ugly. But they get the 3 points and we end up with fek all !

Stewart had a poor game for the Ton and made the defence very nervy. McFarlane lost the plot in midfield and was rightly subbed. Tidser who had a great 1st half fell out the game in the last 25 minutes.

Everyone (apart from Stewart) had a good 1st half. Tidser, Peter and Witts probably shaded the rest.

Can't believe we didn't take anything from the game.....

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

I thought one big change in the second half was Monti and Tidser who had been excellent first half were not fit enough to last the game.

Also thought they went to a back 5 (sweeper in front of the back 4 nearly) and we still try to lump high balls against 2 strong centre halfs.. where as in the first half we were playing the ball on the ground and were able to go past the centre halfs on the ground..

But the Ref really bottled it and playing against 10 men would have changed the whole game...

Also I meant to add- that was some finish by Rooney. Colkitto's report is pretty accurate I would say.

Andy Ritchie was looking on- I wonder what his thoughts were.

It looked like Butcher gave his players a rollicking at H-T and started to boss the midfield. 1st half I was quite happy despite the deficite Tidser, Monti,Witenveen and Weatherson all linking up well. It didn't happen in the second , ICT were easy winners and we had a few nervy performances , Colin Stewart was it the lights as he looked very hesitant .

It looked like Butcher gave his players a rollicking at H-T and started to boss the midfield. 1st half I was quite happy despite the deficite Tidser, Monti,Witenveen and Weatherson all linking up well. It didn't happen in the second , ICT were easy winners and we had a few nervy performances , Colin Stewart was it the lights as he looked very hesitant .

I thought ICT bypassed the midfield for most of the match happy to hoof it as far up the park as they could, dreadful to watch but ultimately effective.

Rooney finished well and looks a good player, but our defense is so poor even Finlayson would beat them.

One of the most frustrating games I have attended this season. Morton started very brightly and were playing the ball around well and creating chances.

Tidser was running the midfield and Monti was filling the left hand role well.

Big Witts put in a cracking shot ony for the ICT keeper to get a hand to it. Looked a goal all the way to me but fair play to the keeper in getting a hand to it.

Then ICT break away up the right hand side and their wee winger gets to the byline and puts in a terrific cross to the back post. Foran rises and beats Greacen to head a powerful header towards goal. Stewart doesn't make the save and we are a goal down - sickener !

Stewart should really have done better. And to be honest was poor all night, very hesitant and indecisive.

We had a chance to get back in the game when Peter played big Witts in with a fine through ball. The big man races in towards the penalty box only to be brought down by a professional tackle from behind.

But the ref bottled the decision and gave a yellow. A quite unbeilevable decision !

We continued to make chances and out played ICT in the 1st half and were very unlucky to be behind.

The 2nd half started the same way as we played in the opening 45 minutes. But ICT began to put everyone behind the ball and reverted to punt the ball up the park. We couldn't break them down as the ICT defence was holding strong with no nonsence defending. Dreadful to watch in a footballing sense from ICT.

As the game wore on our midfield began to lose shape and started to give silly balls away. Worst culprit was McFarlane who was rightly subbed.

The defence started to look shakey as well as they sometimes struggled with the punt up the park by ICT.

In a break away move ICT got the ball upto our 18yard line. Simple ball played to Rooney, who was marked by Shimmin. Rooney plays it back across the 18 yard line to Foran. Shimmin leaves his marker for some unknown reason and Foran just simply gave Ronney the ball back for him to run in on goal and slot the ball past Sewart ! 2-0 as simple as that.

We were the better footballing team and I suppose ICT won ugly. But they get the 3 points and we end up with fek all !

Stewart had a poor game for the Ton and made the defence very nervy. McFarlane lost the plot in midfield and was rightly subbed. Tidser who had a great 1st half fell out the game in the last 25 minutes.

Everyone (apart from Stewart) had a good 1st half. Tidser, Peter and Witts probably shaded the rest.

Can't believe we didn't take anything from the game.....

Thanks for that Colkitto. When I'm not at the match I always watch for your summing up as I always believe it to be fair and balanced.

Also I meant to add- that was some finish by Rooney. Colkitto's report is pretty accurate I would say.

Andy Ritchie was looking on- I wonder what his thoughts were.

agree with all that mate, you must have been near me i thought that was the great one but then thought why would he be in the shed :huh:

back in town for good, promise!!!

Archived