Man Convicted Of Assault Spared Jail - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Man Convicted Of Assault Spared Jail

Cet Homme Charmant

Cherie Blair handed out a suspended prison sentence to a man convicted of an assault where he broke a man's jaw.

Her reason for giving him a suspended sentence and not locking him up right away was that he was a devout Muslim and would therefore know that he had done wrong.

In sentencing him she said that normally she's give him six months imprisonment but then added, "I am going to suspend this sentence for the period of two years based on the fact you are a religious person and have not been in trouble before. You are a religious man and you know this is not acceptable behaviour.".

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article7014701.ece

The obvious implication to be drawn this sentence is that had he been an atheist she would have put him in straight to jail.

So, is Cherie right, should devoutly religious people get lighter sentences than atheists convicted of the same crime?

Discuss. :)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I don't doubt the sincerity of the man in this particular case, appealing to a sky fairy is a well-known way of bucking the justice system in many countries. The sad thing is that it usually passes without comment. Were this not Cherie Blair I doubt it would have made the nationals.

EOho8Pw.png

Aw FFS Geordie! We've got one of your 6 pagers still rolling wae this pish!:rolleyes:

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand

our banking and monetary system, for if they did,

I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."

Henry Ford

Aw FFS Geordie! We've got one of your 6 pagers still rolling wae this pish!:rolleyes:

I beg to differ me ol' mucker.

Once of the most fundamental beliefs of democracy is equality. If Judges are now openly using religious faith as one method of determining the severity of a sentence then IMO it's a pretty seroius situation that should be discussed.

This is Cherie Blair allowing her own belief in religion to influence her sentencing. As stated above, had the guy been an atheist she would not have done this. That is blatantly discrimination and in itself is illegal. Cherie Blair should be disqualified from her position and charged with religious discrimination. She can share a cell with Tony...

Imagine if she had increased his sentence because he was a Muslim - now that would have caused a riot.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Fcking ridiculous, the cnut should do time like anyone else who breaks another mans jaw.

I concur with my good friend Boozie boy, and I am once again in awe of his innate ability to convey clearly in just one short concise sentence an opinion that would take lesser mortals like myself several paragraphs to elaborate.

I concur with my good friend Boozie boy, and I am once again in awe of his innate ability to convey clearly in just one short concise sentence an opinion that would take lesser mortals like myself several paragraphs to elaborate.

... and yet it doesn't stop you trying .....

TonInDublin

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Why did you even open the thread then? :lol:

You might be bored because you're on the side of the God Botherers, but blatant discrimination in the criminal justice system like this is a serious issue.

Meant to add - I'm not sure who the God botherers are, I do know I'm not one of them.

I am a Christian who has faith in God and the teachings of the Bible.

I'm sure that doesn't bother God.

Au contraire mon petit.

TonInDublin

Faith is idiotic, and so are your attempts to shout down discussion of religion's role in our justice system, so ****in' can it.

:lol:

I don't think we've ever experinced such a complete personality change in such a short time on here. Ever.

The all new badass Nacho is definately the more entertaining of the two. :)

Faith is idiotic, and so are your attempts to shout down discussion of religion's role in our justice system, so ****in' can it.

I'd love to think you're not talking to me ya fucking whopper.

Anything else like that you want to say then take it to PM and we'll keep it off the board.

Nobody is shouting down anything you tool, belt away with your pish and wind.

My three replies were aimed at my good friend Geordie.

So nobody asked for your opinion, if I wanted your opinion I would have farted.

You'll never get piles anyway - you're a perfect fucking arsehole.

TonInDublin

I'd love to think you're not talking to me ya ****ing whopper.

Anything else like that you want to say then take it to PM and we'll keep it off the board.

You'll never get piles anyway - you're a perfect ****ing arsehole.

TonInDublin

You tell him John. Can i hold the coats? :unsure: ;)

Isn't it a lovely day.....

I'd love to think you're not talking to me ya ****ing whopper.

You'll never get piles anyway - you're a perfect ****ing arsehole.

TonInDublin

I am talking to you. I'm tired of every time something to do with religion comes up on the board, you come on and try to shout it down. It is very, very rude, and really annoying.

I'll cut you a deal. We can take this to PMs if you keep your usual passive-aggressive nonsense off religion threads and PM them to me instead, at which point I'll file them nicely in the bin. Agreed?

EOho8Pw.png

Archived