Dundee Make £500,000 Bid For Scott Robertson - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Dundee Make £500,000 Bid For Scott Robertson

EanieMeany

Hes not worth that amount a money and dundee are off thur heeds :lol:

Aye he is, but Dundee are indeed off their heads.

This may just a wind up designed to annoy United, but I really don't doubt that Melville would spend that money if he thought he could actually get him. Such spending will cause a rapid return to administration.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

In football these days? It is so rare in Scotland that I don't even think it would be worth the gamble taking!

:crying: :crying: :crying:

We're all doomed! :lol:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

Wow, that is a bumper offer that not even the OF could afford to match these days -- he's a quality player wiith a great future in the game, but can't help feeling that this bid is nothing more than a statement of intent from the Dundee board (i.e. we do have cash and intend to spend it), but I don't see this individual bid going anywhere.

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man"

morton4rp5.png

Does this mean the credit crunch is over?

BP.

nope it aint over and tbh I hope that before it does end dungdee disappear through it, the dough they have spent is outragous and if they dont win the league this time they should jack it in altogether. There is no way they will get him for 500k any how, he has to be worth at least double that especially since he became part of the international set up, back to the drawing board melville.

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

I remember watching Kevin McDonald and Scott Robertson form a formidable central midfield in their 2-0 league cup win against us at the start of 2007/08 and thinking they'd both go very far in the game.

I'd say Robertson is worth £500,000 - but to a Championship side. Dundee would be mad to pay that for a player and Robertson would be mad to sign for them.

nope it aint over and tbh I hope that before it does end dungdee disappear through it, the dough they have spent is outragous and if they dont win the league this time they should jack it in altogether. There is no way they will get him for 500k any how, he has to be worth at least double that especially since he became part of the international set up, back to the drawing board melville.

They do have a tradition as a top flight club, ahead of their rivals across the road.

If somebody loves the club enough and is willing to splash, good luck I say.

Much better that a self indulgent Steptoe in my book any old day! :ph34r:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

They do have a tradition as a top flight club, ahead of their rivals across the road.

If somebody loves the club enough and is willing to splash, good luck I say.

Much better that a self indulgent Steptoe in my book any old day! :ph34r:

Melville's an Aberdeen fan.

This will all end in tears.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Looks like the Dee are trying to go somewhere! :lol:

Thats why Dundee will be champions come the league ending. Trying to go some place you say? yeh its called SPL some place we will never see just now anyway :lol: :lol: .

You put money into a team like that and invest, they win the title its as simple as that.......Dont worry Brian Graham should be fit by next week ;) .

1010489269a3242812687b105078953l.jpg

Thats why Dundee will be champions come the league ending. Trying to go some place you say? yeh its called SPL some place we will never see just now anyway :lol: :lol: .

You put money into a team like that and invest, they win the title its as simple as that.......Dont worry Brian Graham should be fit by next week ;) .

.....and Shoogly will dance naked on the centre spot to the strains of the Hallelujah Chorus played in ragtime on PD's chanter.

YER BARD

And if you don't win the league...you may go under due to the size of the financial investment put in.

Not quite so simple!

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

And if you don't win the league...you may go under due to the size of the financial investment put in.

Not quite so simple!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained! :)

YER BARD

Archived