Morton V Airdrie - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton V Airdrie

Ashman

Now that we all got what we wanted lets get a big turn out to the game on Saturday to show Dougie Rae he made the right choice to sack Irons. We all said attendances would plumit if he stayed so lets get behind the team and see out our first home victory of the season! And bring a friend! Things will look even brighter for us with 3 points in the bag!

Mon The Ton!!!!!

FTOF

Now that we all got what we wanted lets get a big turn out to the game on Saturday to show Dougie Rae he made the right choice to sack Irons. We all said attendances would plumit if he stayed so lets get behind the team and see out our first home victory of the season! And bring a friend! Things will look even brighter for us with 3 points in the bag!

Mon The Ton!!!!!

Thanx Dougie - we'll be there!!! :P

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

whos goin to be in charge anybody know???

I am. And the best manager Morton have had in the past 5 years!

Come on, show your support to me and the other lads!!!

SUNSET FESTIVAL
In aid of Ardgowan Hospice
Greenock Police Club
Saturday 2nd July 2011

The above event solely contributed a donation of over £1240 to the Hospice. Great night, great musical performances, and great generosity from all of those who participated. Thank you. It will be back!

Enquiries to sunsetfestival@yahoo.com

Do you guys really think that because hes gone this team are suddenly going to transform and charge up the league, if we loose the next few games you will put it down to not having a manager, then when we get a managerand are still pish who will you blame then. The players are getting off on a coach here, they are underperforming week in week out and the manager has taken the brunt of it and quite rightly too, the buck stops at him. This team are pish and untill at least 70% of them are gone we will continue to get humped every week, starting on Saturday.

Do you guys really think that because hes gone this team are suddenly going to transform and charge up the league, if we loose the next few games you will put it down to not having a manager, then when we get a managerand are still pish who will you blame then. The players are getting off on a coach here, they are underperforming week in week out and the manager has taken the brunt of it and quite rightly too, the buck stops at him. This team are pish and untill at least 70% of them are gone we will continue to get humped every week, starting on Saturday.

Make your mind up, you blamed the players because they are under-performing but then say that it was quite rightly so that Irons was sacked.

I'm not expecting a totally transformed team, I am expecting to see what the same team can do with a bit of confidence re-installed in them and hopefully see the team that performed to their expectations in the second and third quarters of last season.

Having said that, I really don't care how badly we play on Saturday, if we have 6 league points by 4.45 on Saturday afternooon, I will be a happy Morton fan.

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

There are definitely a few players who just don't cut the mustard at this level but 70%? Geez peace! If they are able to reach the heights that they did in the final third of last season (bearing in mind the team were carrying Paartalu and Smith) then there's no doubt that they are capable of reaching those same heights again. Fact.

It's clear that there is a reason for underperforming. Make your own judgement of which reason this could be. The underlying fact is though that they DO have the ability to perform and there's no getting away from that fact.

I am absolutely certain that a team along the lines of Cuthbert, Walker, Greacen, Shimmin, MacFarlane, Masterton, Jenkins, McAlister, Weatherson, Monti and Grady could romp this division if they had their heart set on it. I rate each and every one of those 11 players plus a few more who I think are suitably able. They now need to prove this - starting against Airdrie this week - or else it will be their own jobs and careers on the line. As simple as that.

SUNSET FESTIVAL
In aid of Ardgowan Hospice
Greenock Police Club
Saturday 2nd July 2011

The above event solely contributed a donation of over £1240 to the Hospice. Great night, great musical performances, and great generosity from all of those who participated. Thank you. It will be back!

Enquiries to sunsetfestival@yahoo.com

Make your mind up, you blamed the players because they are under-performing but then say that it was quite rightly so that Irons was sacked.

I'm not expecting a totally transformed team, I am expecting to see what the same team can do with a bit of confidence re-installed in them and hopefully see the team that performed to their expectations in the second and third quarters of last season.

Having said that, I really don't care how badly we play on Saturday, if we have 6 league points by 4.45 on Saturday afternooon, I will be a happy Morton fan.

I said the buck stops at him, but theres not much you can do when given a bunch of spineless prima donnas to work with. This is the most talentless Morton team i have ever seen in 40 years of going to Cappielow, cant name one player who grabs the imagination and gets the crowd rippling when he gets the ball, not surprising theres never any talk of other clubs coming in for any of our players, theyre all pish to a man.

I said the buck stops at him, but theres not much you can do when given a bunch of spineless prima donnas to work with. This is the most talentless Morton team i have ever seen in 40 years of going to Cappielow, cant name one player who grabs the imagination and gets the crowd rippling when he gets the ball, not surprising theres never any talk of other clubs coming in for any of our players, theyre all pish to a man.

But guess who signed those players?

Irons signed;

Cuthbert - No problem with him.

Stewart - Decent back up.

McManus - Useless.

Smith - Not 1st Division under any circumstances.

MacFarlyne - No problem with him.

Shimmin - Best player in the team when he plays, but too injury prone.

Paartalu - Decent back up.

Monti - Not 1st Division standard IMO.

Grady - Too old unfortunatley.

Out of those signings, there is only really three or four I would agree with. Not to mention the players he has resigned. Even the ones he doesn't like he has had a chance to shift/release. You can't blame the players entirely because Irons signed/resigned probably about the same percentage you are saying are under-performing.

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

Irons signed;

McManus - Useless.

Out of those signings, there is only really three or four I would agree with. Not to mention the players he has resigned. Even the ones he doesn't like he has had a chance to shift/release. You can't blame the players entirely because Irons signed/resigned probably about the same percentage you are saying are under-performing.

Jenkins?

Irons signed;

McManus - Useless.

Masterton :wub:

pen.jpg

B)-->

QUOTE(C B @ Sep 22 2009, 11:20 AM) 650693[/snapback]
B)-->
QUOTE(C B @ Sep 22 2009, 11:19 AM) 650691[/snapback]
<!--quotec-->Masterton :wub:

I'm gonna have to do a feckin new signature <_>

I think your signature is now probably more relevant now than at any other point over the last year.

Look at her riding pillions on Davy’s sea-bike, carrying an apoplectic macaw in a silver hoop. Oh, Morton, let’s go there this winter!  Or learning the Japanese chinchona from that Kobe group, in a dress that looks like a blowtorch rising from one knee, and which should sell big in Texas. Morton, is that real fire? Happy, happy little girl!

Will certainly be interesting to see if Dom comes back in on Saturday, but does McManus drop himself? Drop our captain and one of our best performers in Greacen? Or go with a back 3 which doesn't seem to suit Dom at all?

I have to say I'm actually quite looking forward to Saturday now.

TTG JIM!!!

Archived