Bbc Apologises To Andrew Sachs - Page 7 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Bbc Apologises To Andrew Sachs

Guest David Edwards

Theres no justifying what they did( hence the "heartfelt) apologies, but why have the media made things worse for the family by championing this claim. You are in trouble when the daily mail and teh sun take the moral highground against you. Also, the show was pre recorded and im pretty sure brand and ross didnt sit in the studio editing the show for release on the saturday night. The show was recorded on the thursday for release on the saturday so why did no one in the editing team see fit to remove the offending section of the show. You say sachs is the wrong target? perhaps in this casse, brand and ross are the 2 wrong targets

I agree completely. The editor and producer of the show are to blame here. I'm sure there is OBSCENE stuff from, say, our own Frankie Boyle on the cutting room floor of the Mock the Week studios, but we'll never see or hear it.

I like Ross and Brand. Ross can be nauseatingly sycophantic on his Friday tv show, but I like it.

I think Russell Brand is brilliant. He appeared on my radar in his "normal-looking" phase on Big Brother's Little Brother/E-Forum, then he went away and got into heroin, kicked it and came back like some Victorian Dandy ladyshagger with beard and big hair, and made Big Brother's Big Mouth one of the funniest, must see shows on television for a short period.

His memoir is a great read (stupid title though) and I thoroughly recommend it.

However, they went too far with this "joke". It was majorly disrespectful to the girl in question, but mostly so to Mr Sachs. On the contrary to most on this thread, I don't think this old man is famous any more at all (name me something else he did apparent from Manuel?) but that's besides the point - he didn't need to hear two guys phoning up about fcking his grand daughter.

And am I alone in thinking that Ross is the most culpable here of the two? He eggs Brand on and it's him that utters the offensive stuff, Brand seems quite shocked but rolls with it and keeps going too. Ross is old enough to know better.

They probably couldn't even believe it was going to be aired!

So, they were wrong, but it's a total witch hunt, by both the media and the section of the public who have always been annoyed at Ross' massive paypacket, with licence payers money. I agree with Ross' ban and pay freeze, and I think Brand redeemed some respect with resigning so quickly, but it was a shame the Radio Controller had to go. They'll be annoyed at themselves about that.

This will do no harm to Russell BRand at all.

Now all the BBC need to do is stop Top Gear, with Jeremy "Killing Prostitutes Joke, ha ha ha" Clarkson and his motely crew, how much money does THAT waste of my licence fee?

He should be banned and fined for the same amount of time as Ross.

Well I also agree with that to an extent, except there is only one God, obviously.

Also, I'm sure you'll find most consenting adults who partake in unsavoury acts in private will also support equally immoral social causes such as gay marriage and legal abortions, although I'm not saying that applies to everyone of course.

Call The Sun - someone more attention seeking than the Satanic Slut.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

interesting to me is that breand is one of the most open celebs you will meet.

All these journos pon talking heads saying: "did you know this about brand, did you hear about this scandal". you know because he told you!

Something worth googling - david baddiel was actually the first person to start this scandal

Nevermind the journos from the Daily Heil, I despise that trollop kathryn flett

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

Archived