Bbc Apologises To Andrew Sachs - Page 6 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Bbc Apologises To Andrew Sachs

Guest David Edwards

Brand is supposed to be the guest captain on Never Mind The Buzzc***s tonight...will it still air d'ya think?

Next week's episode has been recorded and will air instead of the supposed episode with Brand.

Season 22 Episode 6 of 13

Gavin & Stacey star James Corden is the guest team captain alongside Phill Jupitus, joined by singer Gabriella Cilmi, journalist Germaine Greer, comedian Glenn Wool and James Allan from Glasvegas, for another round of the comedy music quiz, presented by Simon Amstell

I think anyway ... that's from TV guide episode guide which jumps straight from episode 4 to episode 6 and has the above one as tonights.

TTG JIM!!!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On have i got news for you, when Roy Hattersley never appeared on the show the replaced him with a tub of lard, which I suppose could be taken very offensive from him also.

Mountain out of a molehill indeed.

With these sort of jokes I'm surprised so little has been said about more derogatory ones aired last night, I'm sure hee haw will be disgusted by the joke told by frankie boyle on mock the week again where he said the queens fanny was so old it was haunted :ph34r: :lol: :lol:

Remember The Alamo --- MORTON 5 THE MIDDEN BUT 1

Next week's episode has been recorded and will air instead of the supposed episode with Brand.

Season 22 Episode 6 of 13

Gavin & Stacey star James Corden is the guest team captain alongside Phill Jupitus, joined by singer Gabriella Cilmi, journalist Germaine Greer, comedian Glenn Wool and James Allan from Glasvegas, for another round of the comedy music quiz, presented by Simon Amstell

I think anyway ... that's from TV guide episode guide which jumps straight from episode 4 to episode 6 and has the above one as tonights.

I know it's off topic but I thought tonight's Buzzc***s was the best of the series so far. James Corden and Germaine Greer were fantastic on it. Was weird seeing James Allan on it with the typical Glaswegian accent. :P

TTG JIM!!!

Bandwagon indeed. That Frankie Boyle joke was aired several months ago and no one complained then, because it was funny! They can shove their precious complaints up their arse.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

the daily mail are now targetting mock the week over frankie's joke about the queen, do these idiots not have a life

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10...ting-Queen.html

It was only a matter of time. The Daily Mail is an absolute horror of a newspaper if this is considered 'news' for them. Sadly, most newspapers are the same these days.

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man"

morton4rp5.png

"p****"? Nope, can't work that one out unless the number of asterisks is wrong. Oh, I get it, she means Palace. No, not at all funny.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

the daily mail are now targetting mock the week over frankie's joke about the queen, do these idiots not have a life

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10...ting-Queen.html

The BBC Director-General was on Newsnight last night being interviewed about this, and the interviewer mentioned that joke. He pointed out that it's all about the context of the programme.

It's funny how there were no complaints when that episode of Mock The Week was on the first time. :rolleyes:

Anyway, this has all been blown way out of proportion. This was the lead story on BBC News last night, ahead of a humanitarian crisis in DR Congo, and eyewitness accounts in the De Menezes inquest have said that police gave him no warning and just shot the guy six times in the head without anyone knowing what was going on. That's insignificant compared to two comedians making tasteless jokes, clearly. :angry:

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Come to think of it, that Frankie Boyle joke about the Queen is on the DVD that came out last year, isn't it? :lol:

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

The BBC Director-General was on Newsnight last night being interviewed about this, and the interviewer mentioned that joke. He pointed out that it's all about the context of the programme.

It's funny how there were no complaints when that episode of Mock The Week was on the first time. :rolleyes:

Anyway, this has all been blown way out of proportion. This was the lead story on BBC News last night, ahead of a humanitarian crisis in DR Congo, and eyewitness accounts in the De Menezes inquest have said that police gave him no warning and just shot the guy six times in the head without anyone knowing what was going on. That's insignificant compared to two comedians making tasteless jokes, clearly. :angry:

Who is Dr Congo? Is he/she a GP in the Greenock area?

MARTY OUT!!!!!

Shame Wossy won't be on the wadio tomowwow - I was waiting to hear him pway Ian Dwuwy's "Sachs and Wuss and Wock and Woll"................

You hear Brand and Ross are getting put on the Sachs Offender's register?

This is the most ridiculously manufactured story thats been pushed on the public for a good while, and thats saying something given some of the meaningless crap thats graced the tabloid headlines over the past few months. You can't say the papers are just pandering to their readers, when you consider that The Daily Mail and General Trust own 20% of ITN, and News International owns both Sky and The Sun - stirring up distrust in the BBC is in their best interest. The other paper's are just jumping on the bandwagon, because journalists these days seem to prefer copy and pasting from the web to actually doing investigative reporting.

I was a professional twice over — an analyst and a therapist. The world’s first...

analrapist.jpg

a clear illustration of the generation gap and the fact that 'old people rule' :D

I don't think it does any harm to take stock of what we regard as 'entertainment' It was possibly getting to the stage where you could say whatever you want about whoever you want as long as you could label it a 'joke' Like the other old farts I don't feel too comfortable with this. There's a danger though that we could now suffer from ott censorship and pandering to the prudes (i'm definitely not comfortable with that)

I like some of Ross's stuff (and to a lesser extent Brand) but what they got carried away with themselves and have rightly been pulled up imo

Ross has been delightfully pushing the boundaries for a while tho' ........... " We haven't had so much fun in years............... since your mum used to straddle the twin tub, in fact" (or something like that) :(

Show Racism the Red Card

Archived