Bbc Apologises To Andrew Sachs - Page 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Bbc Apologises To Andrew Sachs

Guest David Edwards

I think its quite funny and typical of the right wing press . Lets ignore the inquest JCDM and the police incompetence , lets ignore politicians wining and dining on some dodgy Russian millionaires yacht .

Lets all focus on the real issues that those who are paid to entertain us can make childish jokes about Manuel's grand daughter . Is she a looker ???

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest David Edwards
Woss's radio show is worth a listen. However, his Friday night sycophantic w**k fest is dweadful. Newsnight review is a far better alternative.

If you have not seen it then Russell Brand's trip across the US paying homage to Jack Kerouac is worth a viewing.

I'm a big fan of the Beats and Brand's 'homage' to Kerouac was poor I thought. It was more about Brand indulging his own ego.

I think its quite funny and typical of the right wing press . Lets ignore the inquest JCDM and the police incompetence , lets ignore politicians wining and dining on some dodgy Russian millionaires yacht .

Lets all focus on the real issues that those who are paid to entertain us can make childish jokes about Manuel's grand daughter . Is she a looker ???

I agree completely.

gb.jpg

I used to like Jonathan Ross, its just been over the past year or so he's turned into a bit of a dick tbh. Less said for Brand the better.

I think if they had one a prank call once it would have been fair enough, but to do it four times was kicking the backside out of it. Also with Andrew Sachs being 78, I dont think he'd get the humour (if there was any) in the whole grand daughter thing, lets face it, if I said that to anyone on this board could you honestly say you wouldnt want to knock 8 shades of s*** out of me?

There is a line and they crossed it imo.

I don't think that anyone on this board has a Satanic Slut for a grand-daughter. I lost any sympathy I had for her after her whining in the national press this morning.

I take it that Brand hasn't actually actually sh4gged the grand-daughter? If not, I would think she would have a very good case for damages for slander. That would teach him a lesson.

Actually he did - but she's complaining that it was a private relationship.

She needs to get over herself.

The press need to get over themselves.

Two guys had a wee bit of daft puerile schoolboy humour which they have since apologised about.

They acted like complete fannies and they know it. The girl in question is no shrinking violet, as per her facebook.

No one got killed.

Now, if the Sun would only devote that much attention to their editor being beaten by her husband, or The Mirror devoted the same column inches when their editor made a lot of money through inside trading on Viglen shares or The Mail etc etc etc..........

Time to not be so precious. A 78 year old guy was told his grand daughter was shagged by Russell Brand - she was, she said so herself. The two lads said they would go round to the old codgers house and fondle him in his sleep - all tongue in cheek - wrong, but tongue in cheek - is this really the stuff that deserves most attention in the world today.

For shame.

TonInDublin

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Two guys had a wee bit of daft puerile schoolboy humour which they have since apologised about.

They acted like complete f*nn**s and they know it. The girl in question is no shrinking violet, as per her facebook.

No one got killed.

Now, if the Sun would only devote that much attention to their editor being beaten by her husband, or The Mirror devoted the same column inches when their editor made a lot of money through inside trading on Viglen shares or The Mail etc etc etc..........

Time to not be so precious. A 78 year old guy was told his grand daughter was shagged by Russell Brand - she was, she said so herself. The two lads said they would go round to the old codgers house and fondle him in his sleep - all tongue in cheek - wrong, but tongue in cheek - is this really the stuff that deserves most attention in the world today.

For shame.

TonInDublin

Hooray for the voice of reason!

I agree 100%

:)

Edit to add: Just noticed this on The Sun website:

Do you know Georgina? If so call the newsdesk on 020 7782 4104

I sense an impending backlash...

Well, if he did, then it changes things slightly - still very bad manners and in appalling taste though. I think brand should be sacked because he's just not funny. I would add that I'd also sack David Walliams and Matt Lucas for similar reasons.

BTW has anyone noticed that Chris Smith, our esteemed full back, looks rather like Matt Lucas after a few weeks of Weightwatchers? Or did I have too much to drink in hospitality on Saturday?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

They acted like complete f*nn**s and they know it. The girl in question is no shrinking violet, as per her facebook.No one got killed.

TonInDublin

So applying that logic women who are raped for wearing 'provocative' clothing are asking for it?

The problem with Ross and Brand is that they think they are untouchable. Brand has a drug addict/alcoholic way of behaving which spills over into this sort of banal nonsense and Ross is simply a buffoon. The guy is 50 for Christs sake. I said to my wife last night that the problem with Ross is he can't interview up, he can only interview down.

I have no idea whether or not they should be sacked, I simply think this sorry episode shows how far we have declined in manners and respect. A gentleman would never, ever tell tales about a lady he has slept with.

MARTY OUT!!!!!

They acted like complete f*nn**s and they know it. The girl in question is no shrinking violet, as per her facebook.

No one got killed.

For shame.

TonInDublin

Well done TID best post on this subject . How can anyone really be outraged by this non event . So if Brand or anyone else had a kiss and tell story in the press thats ok but to do it on Auntie Beeb is a crime that has outraged the moral crusaders o the nation .

Both of them are a pair of f*nn**s but ffs how can this end up top of the news bulletins and debated in the commons. :blink:

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

So applying that logic women who are raped for wearing 'provocative' clothing are asking for it?

I don't think that's true. Rape is (of course) unacceptable regardless of the circumstances, however I'd say that someone who markets herself as a "Satanic Slut" probably shouldn't be too surprised if her sex life is brought into the public domain as ungentlemanly as it was.

I thought it was Ross who blurted out that Brand had slept with Voluptia ( her burlesque stage name ). A childish prank but how many of us have blurted out similar about friend or workmate in a similar situation .

some of us maybe - but not on national radio, and not to the 78-year-old grandfather of the girl involved. Plus, leaving the messages on the answerphone is one thing - not having the decency to ensure that they would not be broadcast at a later date is quite another, and that is by far the more serious offence.

Ross is watchable as a film critic, but one-dimensional and very poor as an interviewer. His chat show is now looking very tired and should be dropped, in my humble opinion - he's as much a one-trick pony there as Julian Clary and Graham Norton are.

Brand appeals to a section of the "yoof" market, I suppose, but I reckon that the majority of people find him tiresome and unfunny, as I do.

But the above is just my own opinion. The crux of this is that what they did was in extremely bad taste, broke confidences and undoubtedly caused distress to Sachs and his granddaughter and their family. That would've been the case even WITHOUT allowing it to be broadcast, but allowing that to happen made it common knowledge and breached the girl's right to privacy and confidentiality, which is the same as anyone else's no matter what her occupation is. That is NOT opinion, it's undeniable fact. For that reason, they deserve to be sacked.

And if someone could also implicate Graham bloody Norton too, I'd be delighted.

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

The wife and I both laughed when we heard David Cameron on Channel 4 news demanding a top level inquiry "to find out how far up the BBC chain it goes". Never mind the fact there's a global food shortage, we're fighting two wars and facing being at the centre of a global recession, some half arsed comedian makes prank phone calls in bad taste and the world comes tumbling down.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

I don't think that's true. Rape is (of course) unacceptable regardless of the circumstances, however I'd say that someone who markets herself as a "Satanic Slut" probably shouldn't be too surprised if her sex life is brought into the public domain as ungentlemanly as it was.

I don't think that's relevant though Stu, she should be able to call herself whatever she wants without this happening.

MARTY OUT!!!!!

Archived