Match Report - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Report

BishopTon

That's harsh as f***, mate.

It was a terrible goal to lose but Stewart had a solid performance til then and deserves to keep his place, imo.

well said, stewart had a competent game, and the gusting winds played havoc at the end.

Only poor performance was from Paartalu, made too many mistakes, just had an off day

the defence looked solid and id happily start Walker every week after that performance

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well said, stewart had a competent game, and the gusting winds played havoc at the end.

Only poor performance was from Paartalu, made too many mistakes, just had an off day

the defence looked solid and id happily start Walker every week after that performance

:lol:

Along with Greacen, I had Erik down for mom (on his 2nd half showing anyway)

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

nice to see the positive comments from the lads who went today

it appears we were a bit "unlucky" and deserved to win

lots of positives to take into the next few games

C'MON THE TON

Substitute "unlucky" for "cheated".

Just bounce if you hate St Mirren

If you think that you don't know a lot about football. McGuffie and Paartalu were the difference today. McGuffie was box to box and maybe you did notice his clearing header near the end to save what would almost certainly have been a goal. He made mistakes sure, but that was because he was so involved in the game - you can't get everything right.

You need to open your eyes and look at the unsung work that guy does. Fortunately, the manager recognises what he brings and you don't pick the team!

For me the player who had a bad game by his own standards was Finlayson. The back three were solid and the front three bullied the Clyde defence all day. Its just a shame Russell could'nt bury one of his chances or alternatively that the same chances did'nt falll to Wake or Newby.

The goalkeeper might have done better at their goal but I would'nt blame it altogether on him. He was otherwise fine. In fact, if you were looking for a goallie who would'nt come off his line, I give you the Clyde keeper who nearly sold the jerseys on more than one occasion.

Agree with that. Mcguffie, for all some folk on here mistakenly deride him for being lazy is excellent at tracking back and getting forward. He and Paartalu were mediocre in the first half, but in the second they were both very good and played well. Stewart perhaps made a bad call for the goal but he was otherwise very good and I thought Greacen was outstanding today, he would header a grenade away if thrown at him. McAlister blew hot and cold, as did Finlayson, but I was impressed with our front three again today. Unfortunately we might have to compromise tactics against St Johnstone unless Peter is moved up front to take Wake's role.

An encouraging performance from Morton; an appalling performance from Colin Boyle. Someone teach that man arithmetic and how to tell the time. I would say teach him the rules of football and consistency as well, but that would be asking too much.

� The Fire Breathing Morton Guy - I'm not Pat!

Bugger!

Had we found a 2nd goal I am certain the game would have lasted only 90 minutes. <_>

Anyway - the first half was a non-event, apart from a great saving tackle by McAlister and the goal. At times it was like watching the reserves - you could hear every word on the pitch. Clyde players seemed to fall over easily and the c*** of a referee often gave free-kicks for this and waved play on for genuine fouls. Clyde's number 2 was guilty of a number of fouls and interestingly two of our players got bookings for "putting him in his place". :rolleyes:

Second half we played a lot better and really ought to have put the game to bed. The more the referee became utterly inept and fussy and received abuse (both on and off the park), you felt that enough time would be added on for Clyde to score - sickening, but kinda cancels out the opening game of last season.

Morton - I felt our defence worked really well (especially given that it's not our real defence) and the standouts elsewhere for me were Partaluu, McAlister and Stewart (who makes himself heard).

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I thought McGuffie vastly improved today.

Couldn't fault any of the 11 (12) that played; they all did their jobs well and on such performances we ought to be comfortable this season.

Could only fault that wee incompetent prima donna dick Boyle. :angry: :angry: :angry:

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

That was the worse piece of refereeing I have seen in a long time. Chris Boyle gave us nothing all day, booked our players for the slightest thing and let Clyde away with everything.

As for wake's sending off - a complete joke!

Where the hell did the 6 minutes injury time come from. Twice Boyle acknowleged to his offside linesman that time was up, but still played on. It seems that he was giving Clyde every chance to get something, which they eventually did.

Okay agreed - we should have cleared the ball. What happens next - obvious, we kick off full time whistle.

Completely robbed of 2 points.

A lot of plusses today. Thought Stewart Greacen was immense today, as was Alex Walker. Spoonsy had a good game also. Kevin and Wakey good too.

All in all thought we were in total control of the proceedings up until that last minute.

Looking good.

I thought McGuffie vastly improved today.

Couldn't fault any of the 11 (12) that played; they all did their jobs well and on such performances we ought to be comfortable this season.

Could only fault that wee incompetent prima donna dick Boyle. :angry: :angry: :angry:

You looked at me today, smashing. It's an improvement on your usual, hopefully I'll get a hello next time.

You looked at me today, smashing. It's an improvement on your usual, hopefully I'll get a hello next time.

I was a bit drunk - you took advantage of me. :blush:

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

:blink: Strongest player in midfield IMO. ;)

Did Finlayson take a corner today BTW? Or did I imagine that? :o

I think he did and it barely left the turf.

Yes.....and it was keech.

Erm, keech aye? Was that not the only corner we had today that didn't go straight into the keepers arms??? And I thought it went deep to the back post, rather than barely leaving the turf? :huh:

albert-einstein.jpg

Erm, keech aye? Was that not the only corner we had today that didn't go straight into the keepers arms??? And I thought it went deep to the back post, rather than barely leaving the turf? :huh:

I never said it didn't leave the turf, but, like every other corner we had today it was keech.

Edit to add; McAnespie is probably the best corner taker we've got. IMO.

Wake's 2 booking was for dangerous foul play which is fair enough but why the inconsistant referee did not send the Clyde no 4 for a cynical tackle on Wake is beyond me as the guy had no intention for going for the ball.

Overall, though, many many positives to take from today so I'm not too downhearted.

We deserved 3 points today and we have every right to feel very hard done by.

Agree with both of the above. We was robbed. Dreadful ref, ridiculous decision to send Wake of plus stupid amount of injury time (after NO injuries, where did he find 5 minutes???). Gutted, that performance deserved better.

"All that I know most surely about morality and obligations I owe to football"

- Albert Camus

Archived