Match Report - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Report

BishopTon

Morton kicked off today and as usual Clyde were at the physical stuff, the inept referee seemed to let the bad fouls go and at one point seem to change to Rugby rules with a ridicoulous advantage for Clyde.

Of course we were always going to pay for this and with the unbelievable ordering off of Wake for nothing, the second "foul" was plainy just so not a foul.

The referee simply spoiled the game and "cheated" Morton from all 3 points.

I made it 6 minutes of injury time from nowhere and also, the number of bookings for Morton were simply wrong.

The Hamilton game last season with "that" goal annoyed me, but today took the biscuit. Feels like a defeat and the team did not deserve that.

Greacen played well along with Wake. The real let down was Mcguffie, he should be better....

But the only winner today was the Ref... a complete t*t

Just bounce if you hate St Mirren

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morton kicked off today and as usual Clyde were at the physical stuff, the inept referee seemed to let the bad fouls go and at one point seem to change to Rugby rules with a ridicoulous advantage for Clyde.

Of course we were always going to pay for this and with the unbelievable ordering off of Wake for nothing, the second "foul" was plainy just so not a foul.

I made it 6 minutes of injury time from nowhere and also, the number of bookings for Morton were simply wrong.

The Hamilton game last season with "that" goal annoyed me, but today took the biscuit. Feels like a defeat and the team did not deserve that.

Greacen played well along with Wake. The real let down was Mcguffie, he should be battered....

I've changed that for you . Mr Consistency you always get the same from this guy

The numerous flying challenges from the Clyde players had gone unchecked and then no fewer than 5 Morton players found their way into the book, including the dreadful decision to order Wake off.

In saying that, the equiliser was poorly defended and in reality Russell had the chances to have had it wrapped up before the mysteious injury time (despite no injuries) was added on, and on, and on...

Colin Stewart, though probably at fault for the goal, was excellent today IMO, as were Paartalu, Weatherson, Walker and Wake. We were the much better side and deserved so much more than to have their efforts spoiled by a media-wh*re of a referee who obviously thinks he can make a name for himself with a wee bit of controversy.

Complete w*nker and unacceptable performance from him.

More irritating still, he was s***e, and if Irons tells it like it is and says 'he was s***e' he'll likely cop a fine for it.

Well done, arsehole.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Robbed of two points. At least Brown was gracious to acknowledge as much in his post match comments.

However... should have taken any number of decent opportunities in the 2nd half to bury Clyde.

Ref was a total shambles. Can't believe how many bookings we got, and the Wake red card was crazy.

Dirty gypo fckwits!

Three factors for me today caused the draw.

1) The referree. Terrible. It felt like he was going to play on til they equalised. Can't believe there was no yellow for the late challenge on Finlayson.

2) Russell not making it two nil whilst through. Again he misses and it is untimately costly.

3) Colin Stewart flapping at the corner. A really bad one to lose, although pelters won't come his way as the main focus is on the ref. It should have been full time long before that.

Overall, though, many many positives to take from today so I'm not too downhearted.

Let's rock !

Three factors for me today caused the draw.

1) The referree. Terrible. It felt like he was going to play on til they equalised. Can't believe there was no yellow for the late challenge on Finlayson.

2) Russell not making it two nil whilst through. Again he misses and it is untimately costly.

3) Colin Stewart flapping at the corner. A really bad one to lose, although pelters won't come his way as the main focus is on the ref. It should have been full time long before that.

Overall, though, many many positives to take from today so I'm not too downhearted.

I thought Stewart was slightly pushed to be fair, there was also a stron breeze, so if he had not missed it the ref would have just given them a penalty for a foul that happened in the first half, which he just pulled back for no advantage (you had to be at the game, the ref was making up the rules at one point !)

Greacen played well along with Wake. The real let down was Mcguffie, he should be better....

If you think that you don't know a lot about football. McGuffie and Paartalu were the difference today. McGuffie was box to box and maybe you did notice his clearing header near the end to save what would almost certainly have been a goal. He made mistakes sure, but that was because he was so involved in the game - you can't get everything right.

You need to open your eyes and look at the unsung work that guy does. Fortunately, the manager recognises what he brings and you don't pick the team!

For me the player who had a bad game by his own standards was Finlayson. The back three were solid and the front three bullied the Clyde defence all day. Its just a shame Russell could'nt bury one of his chances or alternatively that the same chances did'nt falll to Wake or Newby.

The goalkeeper might have done better at their goal but I would'nt blame it altogether on him. He was otherwise fine. In fact, if you were looking for a goallie who would'nt come off his line, I give you the Clyde keeper who nearly sold the jerseys on more than one occasion.

While the ref found too much injury time, it was just shy of 4 minutes.

Wake was never a foul let alone worthy of a second booking.

McGuffie got booked for clapping the ref for getting a decision right, but didn't get anything for raising his fists to the left back a few minutes previously.

Said left back should have been booked along with a couple of the other Clyde players for awful mistimed challenges that we would have been sent off for.

Colin Stewart, kind of you (and Chris Boyle) to gift them a goal, and give Cuthbert a game on Tuesday... :angry:

Wasn't impressed by the refereeing performance one bit this afternoon. Could go on about it all night, isn't going to change the result, so may as well talk about the chances for open play we got!

Away from the incidents, I was pleased with how confident we looked in the box and especially how strong Finlayson looked on the wing. He really made a big impact in the second half, but there was a lot of good performances out there.

One down, thirty-six to go!

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

If you think that you don't know a lot about football. McGuffie and Paartalu were the difference today.

That's just nonsense.

I'll grant you Paartalu but McGuffie was off the pace and struggled to get near the ball at times. That's coming from a guy who's defended him for months.

He MUST do better.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

If you think that you don't know a lot about football. McGuffie and Paartalu were the difference today. McGuffie was box to box and maybe you did notice his clearing header near the end to save what would almost certainly have been a goal. He made mistakes sure, but that was because he was so involved in the game - you can't get everything right.

You need to open your eyes and look at the unsung work that guy does. Fortunately, the manager recognises what he brings and you don't pick the team!

For me the player who had a bad game by his own standards was Finlayson. The back three were solid and the front three bullied the Clyde defence all day. Its just a shame Russell could'nt bury one of his chances or alternatively that the same chances did'nt falll to Wake or Newby.

The goalkeeper might have done better at their goal but I would'nt blame it altogether on him. He was otherwise fine. In fact, if you were looking for a goallie who would'nt come off his line, I give you the Clyde keeper who nearly sold the jerseys on more than one occasion.

McGuffie in the first half had TWO decent touches, he is not playing to what should be his standard. More people agree with me than disagree.

Colin Stewart, kind of you (and Chris Boyle) to gift them a goal, and give Cuthbert a game on Tuesday... :angry:

That's harsh as f***, mate.

It was a terrible goal to lose but Stewart had a solid performance til then and deserves to keep his place, imo.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

The referee's woeful performance today definitely dominated proceedings. He completely lost the plot, most of the bookings were a word of warning and nothing more. He basicially was Clyde today. He practically scored their goal and it was only through cheap free kicks he gave them that they actually got a touch of the ball.

We deserved 3 points today and we have every right to feel very hard done by.

It was a terrible goal to lose but Stewart had a solid performance til then and deserves to keep his place, imo.

Seconded.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Until I see Cuthbert(assuming he HAS signed) i'll happily agree with you. He looked composed today although he wasn't really put to much of a test.

Guest GibbyTON
But the fact is Colin Stewart's pathetic flap at a cross ball cost us the goal.

Pish

I thought Stewart was slightly pushed to be fair

Thats what i saw also, anyway, the defence should have cleared it, dont start this s***e by blaming the keeper for causing the goal, Stewart done well today.

Unlucky Morton and the ref was a total a r s e h o l e

Archived