What's Yer Iq - Page 3 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What's Yer Iq

RedSoxBlueHoops

The average or possibly median is supposed to be 100 - the tests are designed that way so that 50% of the poulation are higher and 50% lower than 100 (apart from the percentage who are spot on 100 but you know what I mean). I used to do these tests quite a lot and I concluded that if you practise, your score can increase, which suggests the tests are imperfect in function.

We all have different abilities. For example on Countdown I can usually do the numbers but I'm hopeless at getting big words. I assume it's because I have a mathematical-biased brain but not so good with juggling letters in my head. Although I did once get a 7 letter word at the start of a Scrabble game.

I refuse to do the test Alibi, cos I'd be really really upset if somebody beat me!

I'm equally good at the numbers and words on Countdown, but I can't draw a poosy cat for the life of me, and every attempt to play golf has been an abject disaster.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm s*** hot at the numbers game on countdown. I even got one right when Carol couldn't get it.

s***e at the letters round apart from the conundrum which I'm good at.

Which is strange as I was a lot better at English than maths at school. I know there's a big difference between Countdown and algorithms and the like but still perplexes me.

Morton F.C.
Renfrewshire Football League Champions since 1895

I'm s*** hot at the numbers game on countdown. I even got one right when Carol couldn't get it.

s***e at the letters round apart from the conundrum which I'm good at.

Which is strange as I was a lot better at English than maths at school. I know there's a big difference between Countdown and algorithms and the like but still perplexes me.

It's just a learned technique-there was a spell when I watched Countdown for a couple of months and by the end I was beating her quite often, but I've tuned in a couple of times recently and I've got 'rusty'.

There does seem to be a specific mental orientation which helps some folks to see conundrums (anagrams actually) quicker than others-it's more of a perceptive skill than the constructive one which is required for forming words from 'random' letters.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

I scored 141. I have no idea whether that is good, bad or indifferent but I have to say I found the test itself fairly easy with the exception of the "shape" questions which I struggled to visualise in my mind.

Unless I'm missing something.

Also, experiential learning obviously comes into it - the last question about the doughnuts is merely a take on an age old mathematcial problem which Euler did involving bridges in a city. When you know the answer you know the answer - probably says nothing about my intelligence other than I read the book about Fermat's Last Theorem and remembered a bit of it.

TonInDublin

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

First thing I do is look for an I, N and G kicking about somewhere. If it's there you know how it ends and just need to make a word out the remaining six. There's other obvious letter groupings as well and it's a case of spotting them and the rest of the word falls into place.

I assume everyone has a different technique tho'

Morton F.C.
Renfrewshire Football League Champions since 1895

138 ... with a few guesses cos i've no idea what congruent means ...

Anagram of

GRENUC TON

YER BARD

138 ... with a few guesses cos i've no idea what congruent means ...

In my opinion that is an incongruent statement :blink:

It appears that we have a board full of geniuses. In saying that did Morton fans not come top in the BBC Quiz of the Year show?

The trick is to see how low you can get on one of these “free sites”.

Kindest Regards

“Man cannot make a worm, yet he will make gods by the dozenâ€

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for your interest in the test at IQTest.com.

Your general IQ score is: 141.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for your interest in the test at IQTest.com.

Your general IQ score is: 141.

you didnt strike me as a Stephen, i was thinking more along the lines of Victor, or Moses maybe. :P

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

you didnt strike me as a Stephen, i was thinking more along the lines of Victor, or Moses maybe. :P

Augustus would have been my personal choice. :( :P

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived