TheMortonForum.com

Favourite Morton Goalie Of All Time

Scotsguy40

Anyone mind Dave Brcic the American guy who came to Cappielow in the 80's for a while. Great goalie who made his debut up at Aberdeen and saved a penalty.

When you think back to some of our old goalies like Roy Baines, Dennis Connaghan, Jimmy Cowan and Wylie to name a few, we've had some cracking goalies.

Roy Baines was my era and still think to this date he was brilliant.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone mind Dave Brcic the American guy who came to Cappielow in the 80's for a while. Great goalie who made his debut up at Aberdeen and saved a penalty.

Also remebering the day he put the ball on the corner spot for Provan to cross over while he was getting back into his goal area

Roy Baines for me

Erik Sorensen-miles ahead and that's acknowledged by Bainsy himself in the second 'Ton Greats' book.

Mind you I didn't see Jimmy Cowan.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

I've seen 14 goalkeepers play for Morton: David Wylie, Andre Boe, Neil Inglis, John Hillcoat, Ally Maxwell, Andy Carlin, Matt Boswell, Stuart Webster, Craig Coyle, Keith Ross, David McGurn, Stefan Gonet, Paul Mathers, Lee Robinson.

I thought Boswell had the potential to go on and be the best but wasn't at Cappielow long enough so I'd go for Ally Maxwell as my favourite.

I always felt confident with him in goal.

As opposed to up front :)

David Wylie for me. An agile, acrobatic genius.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

Goalie called Robin Turner, he made his debut in the same game as Jimmy Boag (who scored), I think it was a friendly against Cowdenbeath we won 6-1.He made a great save during the match putting a 30 yard shot over the bar. Didnt get too many starts under McGraw as Wylie was always 1st choice. Would walk into the team now though.

You jive turkey. See? You got to sass it. Quit jivin' me, turkey. You got to sass it!

Archived