Players - Who Goes, Who Stays? - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Players - Who Goes, Who Stays?

EanieMeany

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lemmington as I said on another thread I hope the players don't read or get told of this , just the confidence booster they need for the remaining games

On the contrary,I hope all the players read this.

It just maybe the kick in the arse that they need to get us over the finishing line.

I am sick and tired of people saying "I HOPE THE PLAYERS DON'T READ THIS"

Let them read it,LET them know we all think morton,let them know we care about our team,LET them know the true fans live and breathe morton,LET them know how much the fans love going to the lesser grounds of this country,

LET them know how much we want to progress and be in a higher league.

LET them know how I travel and watch them week in week out.

LET them know that I come from Greenock and travel to watch Morton.........not the old firm.

I'm sure they know.........

Let's get it right 1st time in League 1.No excuses.

Sorry to be really blunt about the following, and I hate talking about players.

But here goes................should he stay or should he go?

You decide

Mathers................go

Weatherson..........stay

mcgregor..............go

harding.................go

greacen................go

mclaughlin............go

millar.....................go

stevenson.............stay

templeman............stay

mcgowen...............go

mcallistair..............go

keenan..................go

findlayson.............go

new team required...........sorry but it's true.

can someone explain to me why :unsure:

also is it not worth an attempt to keep mcgowan

Pathetic, absolutely embarrassing. Fans saying which players should go because they are not good enough to wear our hallowed shirts! Most of our players would fit in seamlessly to any 1st division side (with the exception of Gretna and St Johnstone). We lose a game and it is the typical knee-jerk reaction, sack the board, sack the manager, sack the players!!!!! Airdrie Utd, Forfar and Dunfermline should have done that shouldn't they. Gosh, what were they thinking! We'll show them the way! Quick sack everyone, I'll play in goals cos I'm the most amazing fan to walk the earth and I know what it takes to be a Morton player!!! Get a grip. Get behind the team. Sure if we don't win the league then fair enough, at the end of the season have a thread like this. But not when we're in the situation of a nervy finish. Nobody needs that.

Edit to add: these players are under contract, do fans not realise how difficult it would be to have a massive change? And how the hell could we afford to replace these guys? Oh yeah, Mr Rae, he'll do it! We moan about him every other week, but when we want something, we'll get it. I pay my money...

� The Fire Breathing Morton Guy - I'm not Pat!

Pathetic, absolutely embarrassing. Fans saying which players should go because they are not good enough to wear our hallowed shirts! Most of our players would fit in seamlessly to any 1st division side (with the exception of Gretna and St Johnstone). We lose a game and it is the typical knee-jerk reaction, sack the board, sack the manager, sack the players!!!!! Airdrie Utd, Forfar and Dunfermline should have done that shouldn't they. Gosh, what were they thinking! We'll show them the way! Quick sack everyone, I'll play in goals cos I'm the most amazing fan to walk the earth and I know what it takes to be a Morton player!!! Get a grip. Get behind the team. Sure if we don't win the league then fair enough, at the end of the season have a thread like this. But not when we're in the situation of a nervy finish. Nobody needs that.

Edit to add: these players are under contract, do fans not realise how difficult it would be to have a massive change? And how the hell could we afford to replace these guys? Oh yeah, Mr Rae, he'll do it! We moan about him every other week, but when we want something, we'll get it. I pay my money...

Pretty well my thoughts too - p1sh thread based on knee- jerk reaction.

Show Racism the Red Card

It just maybe the kick in the arse that they need to get us over the finishing line.

Let them read it,LET them know we all think morton,let them know we care about our team,LET them know the true fans live and breathe morton,LET them know how much the fans love going to the lesser grounds of this country,

LET them know that I come from Greenock and travel to watch Morton.........not the old firm.

Lemmington how would you like someone to tell you your not good enough at your job and tell you your leaving at the end of the season , what would your morale be like in your job from now till the end of season ?

Well said Lemmington. I'm sure the players are gutted after yesterdays result, but ultiamtely it's the fans who suffer most.

Well said Lemmington. I'm sure the players are gutted after yesterdays result, but ultiamtely it's the fans who suffer most.

Don't think that's true - The players are as desperate as us (even more so) to get out of this division. If they fail their reputations/careers/livelihoods are at stake. It might seem a 'glamourous' job to us , but the missed opportunities in the short playing life of a pro footballer will be with them for the rest of their lives. There's a fine line between success and failure in this game.

feck me I'm sounding like Mortonbug [:scream]

Show Racism the Red Card

Like the title says, what players would you keep, and who would you chuck come the summer?

To go:

Greacen - do like the big guy, but at the end of the day he's far too clumsy for his own good

Finlayson - just doesn't do it for me, very limited

Keenan - oh dear, oh dear.

McGowan - back to Celtic, not worth the fee

Mathers - not a fan, I'm afraid.

Russell - bit of a pointless signing, sadly. Would have liked to have seen him getting more playing time.

Dunnos:

Harding - I really do think he could do the business with a good leader beside him and on the bench, but without such he's a liability at times.

McLaughlin - I like him, but think that his role is best filled by a more experienced player.

Millar - has his moments, and like Harding, could maybe do with an older guy to guide him? Attitude needs sorted though, if he's ever to achieve anything in the game.

McAlister - needs a good manager to ever put his ability to good use.

McGurn - hrmmm...

Walker - seems decent, but he's only ever going to be a squad player here. Perhaps the same goes for all of the above 5?

Keep:

Stevenson

Linn

Weatherson - question remains of where exactly he fits though, could be tempted to stick him in the dunnos.

McGregor

Looking at it like that, we're not in too good a position player-wise...

Weatherson stays, get the rest to fu*k

Don't think that's true - The players are as desperate as us (even more so) to get out of this division. If they fail their reputations/careers/livelihoods are at stake. It might seem a 'glamourous' job to us , but the missed opportunities in the short playing life of a pro footballer will be with them for the rest of their lives. There's a fine line between success and failure in this game.

Yeah I see where you're coming from Cornbeef. At the moment I think there's a bit of unease between fans and players, probably caused by nerves. Fans are too quick to get on the players' backs (myself included) and then the players come out in the press and say things like 'the crowd don't help sometimes'. To be honest I've found this season the least enjoyable in recent memory & I just want to get it over and done with. I have my opinions on which players should go & which should stay, but I don't think there's much point in talking about til we know what division we're in next season.

Yeah I see where you're coming from Cornbeef. At the moment I think there's a bit of unease between fans and players, probably caused by nerves. Fans are too quick to get on the players' backs (myself included) and then the players come out in the press and say things like 'the crowd don't help sometimes'. To be honest I've found this season the least enjoyable in recent memory & I just want to get it over and done with. I have my opinions on which players should go & which should stay, but I don't think there's much point in talking about til we know what division we're in next season.

We've all had enough of this Division and yesterday's result was a real sickener but.......... this season ? I don't know. We've had our moments. But I agree , I wish it was over.

Show Racism the Red Card

Weatherson stays, get the rest to fu*k

What an idea, quick tell the club. I don't know why someone didn't think of that earlier! A tremendous idea! You sir are a genius.

The players will be hurting, make no mistake. They were desperately unlucky yesterday and not at one point this season have they looked like they weren't trying. The same can't be said the last time we threw away the league. If we win on Sunday we will be four points clear with six games to go, and I don't think bottle will be in question, just a case of being clinical. If they can translate that hurt into determination and a little bit of luck we will still win the league. Winning 6 out of the next 7 is not by any means beyond us.

McGlaughlan and keenan to go. Keep the rest.

F......................./´¯/

U....................,/¯ /

C.................../..../

K............./´¯/`...`/´¯¯`· ¸

............/`/.../..../..... ../¨¯\

T........(`(...(...(.... ¯~/`...`)

H.........\.................` ...../

E...........`\`...\.......... _.·´

...............\............. .(

S..............\............. ..\

T...............

M.........

I.......

R.....

R...

E..

N.

McLaughlin was terrific earlier this season and Keenan has really come into contention. One ill-timed tackle doesn't merit the sack. That would be the ultimate knee-jerk reaction! However, I don't think he'll play again under Jim McInally after the altercation in the tunnel.

I feel this MORTON team and MANAGER are all going to be here next season. That would be a good thing. Look at our season so far:

Top of the league since the first week

Scottish Cup win against Kilmarnock and should have got a result against Motherwell

Semi finalists in challange cup vs Clyde

All good teams have a blip, look at Chelsea, Barcelona, 2 of the best teams in Europe all have there problems and that is what we are currently going through. We WILL still win the league and i feel Jim McInally should get a pat on the back because he has done a great job and he has taken alot of s*** from alot of supporters and this man has a great record as Morton manager.

The players are young and maturing fast in a hard league and deserve alot of credit.

C'MON JIM McINALLY

C'MON MORTON

DIVISION 2 CHAMPS

McLaughlin was terrific earlier this season and Keenan has really come into contention. One ill-timed tackle doesn't merit the sack. That would be the ultimate knee-jerk reaction! However, I don't think he'll play again under Jim McInally after the altercation in the tunnel.

He's had three acceptable performances. Nowhere near enough to warrant getting kept on for another season.

I feel this MORTON team and MANAGER are all going to be here next season. That would be a good thing. Look at our season so far:

Top of the league since the first week

Scottish Cup win against Kilmarnock and should have got a result against Motherwell

Semi finalists in challange cup vs Clyde

All good teams have a blip, look at Chelsea, Barcelona, 2 of the best teams in Europe all have there problems and that is what we are currently going through. We WILL still win the league and i feel Jim McInally should get a pat on the back because he has done a great job and he has taken alot of s*** from alot of supporters and this man has a great record as Morton manager.

The players are young and maturing fast in a hard league and deserve alot of credit.

C'MON JIM McINALLY

C'MON MORTON

DIVISION 2 CHAMPS

Your comparisons are, I fear, invalid.

Good sides have blips-everybody knows that, but good sides are managed by GOOD managers who have the ability to rectify mistakes and turn things around.

Morton's fate this season has been left to a handful of talented, but inexperienced kids, who haven't even had the benefit of an 'old head' on the pitch, let alone ANY obvious managerial input during games.

JM got enormous praise for what was a superb TEAM performance against Killie. At the time I thought he had finally managed to instil the much needed self belief and drive into the kids.

Since then we've been back on the downward spiral.

The players are the same boys who beat Killie, and there's no evidence that they're not doing THEIR best on the park- so what's the missing link-why can 'so good' be 'so bad'?

The answer sits on the dug out bench, arms folded, and upstaging Mona Lisa with that glaicet leer of his.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

Your comparisons are, I fear, invalid.

Good sides have blips-everybody knows that, but good sides are managed by GOOD managers who have the ability to rectify mistakes and turn things around.

Morton's fate this season has been left to a handful of talented, but inexperienced kids, who haven't even had the benefit of an 'old head' on the pitch, let alone ANY obvious managerial input during games.

JM got enormous praise for what was a superb TEAM performance against Killie. At the time I thought he had finally managed to instil the much needed self belief and drive into the kids.

Since then we've been back on the downward spiral.

The players are the same boys who beat Killie, and there's no evidence that they're not doing THEIR best on the park- so what's the missing link-why can 'so good' be 'so bad'?

The answer sits on the dug out bench, arms folded, and upstaging Mona Lisa with that glaicet leer of his.

Completely agree with this statement. I have said it before about management, you only have to look at JM's body language or rather lack of it. He sits there or stands there against his own dugout wall with arms folded and says very few words of encouragement to his team whether we are in a lead position or falling behind and this frustrates the hell out of me. week in week out he just lets them get on with it and that I fear is what they are lacking - conviction through following their managers lead!

He who laughs last ............

It never ceases to amaze me how low some people are willing to stoop, lie and deceive. The only way to deal with that is to laugh in the face of adversity.....

Archived