vikingTON

Award-winning fact-based analysis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19480 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:11 PM

Third round: Saturday 7 September or Sunday 8 September, 2019

32 Clubs (16 ties)

2 clubs from Northern Ireland Football League (Ballymena United & Glenavon)
2 clubs from Welsh Premier League (The New Saints & Connah’s Quay Nomads)
2 clubs from League of Ireland Premier Division (Waterford & Bohemians)
2 clubs from English National League (Solihull Moors & Wrexham)
The Famous + 9 diddies from Ladbrokes Championship
14 winners from second round
Pre-draw to determine which country will be allocated Pot A, Pot B, Pot C & Pot D to avoid 2 cross-border teams from the same country playing each other. Pot E has 24 Scottish teams

Fourth round: Saturday 12 October or Sunday 13 October, 2019

16 winners from the third round (8 ties)

Quarter-finals: Saturday 16 November or Sunday 17 November, 2019

8 winners from the fourth round (4 ties)

Semi-finals: Saturday 15 February or Sunday 16 February, 2020

4 quarter-final winners (2 ties)

Final: Saturday 28 March or Sunday 29 March, 2020

Waterford away please. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

#2 EanieMeany

EanieMeany

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5995 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:14 PM

I see there's games scheduled for the same day as Scotland's last qualifier at Hampden. Maximum consideration shown for the punters as always.

AWMSC

#3 vikingTON

vikingTON

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19480 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:21 PM

I see there's games scheduled for the same day as Scotland's last qualifier at Hampden. Maximum consideration shown for the punters as always.

Agreed. There's no reason why a meaningless contest should be scheduled that day: the Scotland game should quite clearly be moved. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

#4 EanieMeany

EanieMeany

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5995 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:50 PM

It's that kind of wit that makes you such a prolific shagger.

AWMSC

#5 vikingTON

vikingTON

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19480 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 04:10 PM

Oooft, the absolute state of that. 

#6 TheGoon

TheGoon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5341 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 04:16 PM

I want a cricket score against one of these foreign losers. Please make it happen.

#7 TRVMP

TRVMP

Your favorite president (me)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24246 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 04:18 PM

Hope we get 'Bohs' and absolute stuff them, and wreck their pit of a ground.

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

#8 steveoath

steveoath

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 05:58 PM

Agreed. There's no reason why a meaningless contest should be scheduled that day: the Scotland game should quite clearly be moved.

100%
MORTON - NEWCASTLE

#9 capitanus

capitanus

The epitome of gentle respectability

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8496 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 06:06 PM

It's that kind of wit that makes you such a prolific shagger.

Oooft, the absolute state of that.

:lol: :lol:
Freed us eventually | Just need to be happy.

#10 capitanus

capitanus

The epitome of gentle respectability

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8496 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 06:07 PM

As we never seem to do anything within this competition, I wouldn't worry about it.

Edited by capitanus, 10 July 2019 - 06:09 PM.

Freed us eventually | Just need to be happy.

#11 Andre Boe

Andre Boe

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 07:06 PM

We haven’t won a match in this tournament in almost five years.

#12 TRVMP

TRVMP

Your favorite president (me)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24246 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 07:18 PM

That is an absurd statistic. I didn't believe you so I went to look it up myself.

2018-19: Dumbarton, lost
2017-18: Livingston, lost
2016-17: Queen's Park, lost
2015-16: Dumbarton, lost

In 2014-15 we beat Spartans, then Berwick, before CRASHING OUT to eventual finalists Alloa (and by losing to them we missed out on a 'glamour tie' against Rangers.)

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

#13 Jamie_M

Jamie_M

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6008 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 07:31 PM

:lol:

#14 TheGoon

TheGoon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5341 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:15 PM

That’s seriously impressive.

#15 AyrshireTon

AyrshireTon

The Buzzer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9716 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:31 PM

That is an absurd statistic. I didn't believe you so I went to look it up myself.

2018-19: Dumbarton, lost
2017-18: Livingston, lost
2016-17: Queen's Park, lost
2015-16: Dumbarton, lost

In 2014-15 we beat Spartans, then Berwick, before CRASHING OUT to eventual finalists Alloa (and by losing to them we missed out on a 'glamour tie' against Rangers.)

Last season was the snake fucking about with the squad before fucking off himself.

Previous one was Hopkin owning us three times at Scapa.

The Hampden game was a disgrace, particularly considering that losing 2-0 flattered us.

The other Dumbarton game - didn't the team wake up to find themselves 3-0 down?

In any case, some sort of progress in this cup is overdue.

“McGhee needs some support, there’s no-one backing him up.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here’s Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control…”

“That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton’s supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.”

#16 DreamOakTree

DreamOakTree

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:46 PM

I've never been able to get excited by this tournament in any of it's guises, as it's basically the best of the diddies cup. 

I remember we reached the final at Love Street and my mates all wanted to go, including some OF fans. I didn't have the heart to tell them i wasn't interested, so I went along with it. Wasn't too bad a match and a decent crowd though we lost 3-2 to Accies, but I still had to pretend the game mattered to me. I still haven't told them till this day that i couldn't give a monkeys about this joke of a tournament, and never will!

#17 Toby

Toby

Twisted Wee Dick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7568 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:50 PM

I've never been able to get excited by this tournament in any of it's guises, as it's basically the best of the diddies cup. 

I remember we reached the final at Love Street and my mates all wanted to go, including some OF fans. I didn't have the heart to tell them i wasn't interested, so I went along with it. Wasn't too bad a match and a decent crowd though we lost 3-2 to Accies, but I still had to pretend the game mattered to me. I still haven't told them till this day that i couldn't give a monkeys about this joke of a tournament, and never will!

Grim.

Show Grasses The Red Dot.

#18 DreamOakTree

DreamOakTree

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:54 PM

Grim.

Sorry Toby and all other Ton fans who like the tournament, no offence meant. It just happens to be how I feel about it.

#19 LargsTON

LargsTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17731 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:59 PM

Sorry Toby and all other Ton fans who like the tournament, no offence meant. It just happens to be how I feel about it.

It was excellent back then with regular big crowds at the finals. We had about 6000 there that day. Its pish now tho.
"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

#20 AyrshireTon

AyrshireTon

The Buzzer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9716 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:00 PM

The Quarter Final 2-1 win at Rugby Park that season is probably my favourite game of the various guises of this tournament.

“McGhee needs some support, there’s no-one backing him up.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here’s Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control…”

“That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton’s supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users