Is It Time For The Rae Family To Move Step Aside? - Page 15 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Is It Time For The Rae Family To Move Step Aside?

Malt

Is it time to go?   

88 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for the Rae family to step aside at Greenock Morton Football Club?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes me less convinced Duffy is actually going, if it’s only Crawford he’s dealing with?

A football manager is traditionally answerable to the board as a whole, not the chairman specifically. The Rae era has largely been an exception to how clubs like Morton are typically run at the top, though some board members always have more influence than others in decision-making. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Dare I say, that’s a nice statement from Dougie? https://t.co/6JKMuBRt01

Think most of us expected this to happen, all the best to him.

By and large a good statement from someone who is clearly a lifelong fan. Not overly happy though about the juggling finance act resting with Crawford!

The man has made many mistakes but always with the right intentions. I hope he enjoys taking a back seat and he is in good health for years to come

If only he had ended the statement with and Duffy is heading back to the seaside leagues.

A very respectable statement from him, and he rightly admits to making mistakes which can't have been easy. He will always go down in history as the man that saved us when we were mere hours from going the way of Rangers. For that I and many others will forever be grateful.

Enjoy your retirement Mr Chairman.

I think Duffy will be gone. Rae has the same statement in the programme (presumably written by Crawford) and an extra bit moaning about the finish to season. He says Crawford will state ambitions and mentions the premier league.

On the other page Duffy says we'll aim for playoffs next year and seems to aim low. Looks like a bit of a contrast.

I'm sure Dougie goes with everyone's gratitude. It's the right time, probably past time to step back. It's also time for Duffy to do the same.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Strange timing of the statement. Add to that the strange tweet from Tam McManus last night. Could they be linked?

If they fully intended to make such a statement, why do it at midday on Match day? Even last night would have convinced some of the 'not going' to maybe go along. I know I would have travelled to join in any applause/thanks. Definitely diminishes any chance of today being a hounding. Too late to go now.

Good statement. Admitting he made mistakes, apologising for not reaching the Premiership while pointing out it is a target and a bit of praise for the fans.

His legacy has taken a bit of a battering in recent years but there's just about enough there to paper over some of it. It may not have been the most efficient or successful tenure, but the gratitude for what he did will always be there.

Cheers Dougie. Enjoy your retirement.

Archived