Respect - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Respect

Respect to Morton FC and fans.

Made for an incredible first divison season.

At the very least you deserve a play off spot.

Only league in UK where there is nothign for second, Jags have been there before.

You never know there might be reconstruction this summer and you might still come up - there seems to be some massive change and soon

And if we are stupid enough to lose these last 3 games while you win yours then you will fully deserve to be in the SPL.

I know the fact that half our team including backroom are of to Tannadice has taken a bit of shine off what has been a really good season for us and I think its pretty clear we will be number one favourites to be back down

Morton are a good family club and while Douglas Rae may not get everythign right he at least has Morton at heart and when you see the likes of Charles Green carry on you could do a lot worse as a Chairman.

Keep supporting your club and all the best for next season either in the SPL (through reconstruction I hope and not cause we blow it) or the first

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been an exciting season for both clubs. I suspect our next season will be more exciting than yours in the SPL. I want to win the first division title next season but playing in the SPL with all the weird kick off times and struggling to compete financially without going even deeper into debt doesn't appeal. Maybe by the time we get there it will have changed and they will take into account the fans rather than TV schedulers. Scottish football has deteriorated beyond recognition over the last 20 years.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Been an exciting season for both clubs. I suspect our next season will be more exciting than yours in the SPL. I want to win the first division title next season but playing in the SPL with all the weird kick off times and struggling to compete financially without going even deeper into debt doesn't appeal. Maybe by the time we get there it will have changed and they will take into account the fans rather than TV schedulers. Scottish football has deteriorated beyond recognition over the last 20 years.

'Moved on' according to Einstein, just as the Iron Lady did earlier today! :ph34r:

Only league in UK where there is nothign for second, Jags have been there before.

You never know there might be reconstruction this summer and you might still come up - there seems to be some massive change and soon

And if we are stupid enough to lose these last 3 games while you win yours then you will fully deserve to be in the SPL.

I know the fact that half our team including backroom are of to Tannadice has taken a bit of shine off what has been a really good season for us and I think its pretty clear we will be number one favourites to be back down

Morton are a good family club and while Douglas Rae may not get everythign right he at least has Morton at heart and when you see the likes of Charles Green carry on you could do a lot worse as a Chairman.

Keep supporting your club and all the best for next season either in the SPL (through reconstruction I hope and not cause we blow it) or the first

Great post - All the best for the season to come.

"More and more people, no matter their political persuasion, are now seeing this for what it is; not a YES vote for SNP led nationalism but simply a YES vote for self-determination and the best way forward for a nation, increasingly ignored and disadvantaged by a London biased Government "

http://nationalcollective.com/

Guest David Edwards

Youse can keep yer SPL and shove it :P

But thanks for the good wishes. Same to you. :)

Thanks. All the best for next season

One of the tings I cannot abide about the Morton support is that they are only too willing to accept failure too easily, as a result supporters of teams like Partick Thistle think they come along and patronise us, just like this.

Now we can expect loads of "Firhill for Thrills" and "Thistle Do Nicely" headlines from crap journalists with crapper imaginations, and the s***e they spout about being "The Great Glasgow Alternative" whenever they are quite a horrible little club from a horrible place who treat away supporters like s***e, and fleece them whenever possible with things like the eternal "Ah've nae change" to anyone with a #20 note.

I hope they get relegated next year.

*insert signature here*

One of the tings I cannot abide about the Morton support is that they are only too willing to accept failure too easily, as a result supporters of teams like Partick Thistle think they come along and patronise us, just like this.

Now we can expect loads of "Firhill for Thrills" and "Thistle Do Nicely" headlines from crap journalists with crapper imaginations, and the s***e they spout about being "The Great Glasgow Alternative" whenever they are quite a horrible little club from a horrible place who treat away supporters like s***e, and fleece them whenever possible with things like the eternal "Ah've nae change" to anyone with a #20 note.

The real question is whether tampons or towels are best at times like this.

The real question is whether tampons or towels are best at times like this.

Very good, now I suppose that you think:

Boom Boom Yellarmy, Boom Boom Yellarmy, Boom Boom Yellarmy, Boom Boom Yellarmy etc. for 20 minutes constitutes a wonderful atmosphere?

also,

That horrible wee ditty they sing about "F-k the Pope and F-k the Queen" has no place in football, in fact, if it were supporters of one Scotland's largest two clubs singing such a thing then there would be an outcry. It goes totally unchecked and their supporters are treated with impunity as they are considered as "The cuddly toy" of Scottish Football.

They're a horrible ****ing club. An unlanced boil on the arse that is Scottish Football. No Morton supporter with an ounce of self worth should allow any of those ****ers to patronise them.

*insert signature here*

Boom Boom Yellarmy, Boom Boom Yellarmy, Boom Boom Yellarmy, Boom Boom Yellarmy etc. for 20 minutes constitutes a wonderful atmosphere?

also,

That horrible wee ditty they sing about "F-k the Pope and F-k the Queen" has no place in football, in fact, if it were supporters of one Scotland's largest two clubs singing such a thing then there would be an outcry. It goes totally unchecked and their supporters are treated with impunity as they are considered as "The cuddly toy" of Scottish Football.

They're a horrible ****ing club. An unlanced boil on the arse that is Scottish Football. No Morton supporter with an ounce of self worth should allow any of those ****ers to patronise them.

Total nonsense

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

also,

Never a truer word posted on this forum or any other :).

Guest David Edwards

also,

Telling the truth, I'm not overly fond of them either. :D

That's not what they sing though. It's "your", not "the". That changes the meaning of the line completely. It means "a plague on both your sectarian houses" or something like that. I agree with you about the way their supporters (and the club itself) are treated by the media. As opposed to being ignored completely unless we get drawn against a "big" team in the cup, as is our default media setting.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

That's not what they sing though. It's "your", not "the". That changes the meaning of the line completely. It means "a plague on both your sectarian houses" or something like that. I agree with you about the way their supporters (and the club itself) are treated by the media. As opposed to being ignored completely unless we get drawn against a "big" team in the cup, as is our default media setting.

What a pile of absolute pish. One rule if it suits your agenda and another if it doesn't. If we're going to live in a society that it's deemed unacceptable to make derogatory comments about one religion or religious leader, you can't just legislate for your behaviour by making offensive comments about the other one to counter claims that you're nothing more than a poisonous little bigot.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

What a pile of absolute pish. One rule if it suits your agenda and another if it doesn't. If we're going to live in a society that it's deemed unacceptable to make derogatory comments about one religion or religious leader, you can't just legislate for your behaviour by making offensive comments about the other one to counter claims that you're nothing more than a poisonous little bigot.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

That you believe pish may be 'piled' probably explains your inability to grasp Alibi's entirely logical explanation! :)

also,

100% agree.

Archived