The Transfer Window - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Transfer Window

Admin

Transfer Window  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Were you satisfied by Johansson's acquisitions?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think the new signings will help improve results?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm quite pleased with our window and in isolation i'd say an improved squad would pick up better results, however i also think there's a lot of teams in the league who had a better window than us also, which may affect our chances to get results when you factor in the fact that we'll soon find out once and for all if we have an awful manager.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

If Tidser is not in his best position tomorrow, JJ has failed.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Aye it's not a Yes or a No from me. Like others, I would have liked some more options at right back and centre back, but we've certainly added options at the top end of the pitch which were needed. Up to the manager to prove his worth now and get them playing in a positive manner. It will all have been worth nothing if he still sets up with 5 at the back plus a holding midfielder.

I voted I was satisfied but didn't think results will improve, which means someone somewhere out there isn't happy with our signings but thinks results will improve.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I voted I was satisfied but didn't think results will improve, which means someone somewhere out there isn't happy with our signings but thinks results will improve.

Possibly they aren't happy because they wanted more or even better but they do think results will improve a bit (but not as much as if there were more and better). Not that crazy.

Possibly they aren't happy because they wanted more or even better but they do think results will improve a bit (but not as much as if there were more and better). Not that crazy.

Yep. Me.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

If JJ has added some pace and skill up front/out wide then we’ll have decent outlets for our midfielders, which has been woefully lacking. It’s crying out for Tidser to be played in a more forward role if we’re to cash in.

Agree with all of that. Outlet for midfielders and defenders. Tidser's intelligent reading of the game and making key passes will get the best out of our new forwards.

I don't really know. Kiltie seems like a very good signing. I thought Dallas started brightly at the weekend but overall looks a bit away from being ready (hopefully he'll pick that up quickly with match experience). I know nothing much about O'Connell - players coming from that level could be anything really. 

Overall I'm hopeful that we've improved on the players that we've managed to move on, and that should help us in terms of getting forward and creating chances, but I'm very disappointed that we haven't been able to do anything at the back. And we're still lumped with Robert Thomson. 

I think JJ has done the minimum that he needed to do, and we'll see how that pans out in terms of how good the players might be. It's not that satisfying to be honest, but that might not be JJ's fault. 

The option I am missing on there is somewhat.

Happy that there has been signings, some look good. But there could have been more (centre half, full back, experienced striker) to address other problem areas.

We got pace and wingers which we needed and a striker albeit one who is unproven so it's a hit and hope when we need goals.

Signing a midfielder in Dykes I am not overly happy about. Yes, he looks OK so far but if it means more and prolonged ****ing about with Tidser then no, I am not happy with that signing.

And a goalkeeper, glad Scully has got to **** and obviously we needed back up, but would have been happy with a cheap ringer as Gaston's training partner for now (before a proper upgrade in the summer) if it had allowed one more in rather than using a loan for someone who will now likely start with Gaston on the bench.

We did OK, definitely improved on what went out but was it enough?

As has been said, others had really good windows so ours might look OK in isolation but not as good in comparison.

QOS in signing Aird (who has the top assists in the league) will see that as shrewd and they also have 2nd top (Dykes) and top scorer in Dobbie will be confident they can push to secure the playoffs.

Dundee Utd likely to have a strong end to the season.

Caley happy with their business.

Trying to look up but won't be easy and it all hinges on JJ ditching his s***ebag mentality which has shown no signs or wavering or whether he plays the right players in the right positions, and doesn't bomb out Tidser.

The option I am missing on there is somewhat.

Happy that there has been signings, some look good. But there could have been more (centre half, full back, experienced striker) to address other problem areas.

We got pace and wingers which we needed and a striker albeit one who is unproven so it's a hit and hope when we need goals.

Signing a midfielder in Dykes I am not overly happy about. Yes, he looks OK so far but if it means more and prolonged ****ing about with Tidser then no, I am not happy with that signing.

And a goalkeeper, glad Scully has got to **** and obviously we needed back up, but would have been happy with a cheap ringer as Gaston's training partner for now (before a proper upgrade in the summer) if it had allowed one more in rather than using a loan for someone who will now likely start with Gaston on the bench.

We did OK, definitely improved on what went out but was it enough?

As has been said, others had really good windows so ours might look OK in isolation but not as good in comparison.

QOS in signing Aird (who has the top assists in the league) will see that as shrewd and they also have 2nd top (Dykes) and top scorer in Dobbie will be confident they can push to secure the playoffs.

Dundee Utd likely to have a strong end to the season.

Caley happy with their business.

Trying to look up but won't be easy and it all hinges on JJ ditching his s***ebag mentality which has shown no signs or wavering or whether he plays the right players in the right positions, and doesn't bomb out Tidser.

Think you've summed that up well.

We have had a good window if JJ utilises the signings properly and plays a system of high pressure and getting at teams. But most likely it will be 5 at the back and just knock balls into corners for our new pacey players to chase. That won't work and the new load of attacking players in the league will be relishing playing against that system.

Think you've summed that up well.

We have had a good window if JJ utilises the signings properly and plays a system of high pressure and getting at teams. But most likely it will be 5 at the back and just knock balls into corners for our new pacey players to chase. That won't work and the new load of attacking players in the league will be relishing playing against that system.

I think that analysis is overly pessimistic in that while the manager dictates the system, decent players don't just knock the ball into the corners if there are other options.

We have all seen the frustration on the part particularly of Millar and Tidser looking for these options and them not being available. They now have more productive players around them and we should see the benefit of that.

Balls hoofed into the corners in the hope that someone might just get on the end of them is a very different tactic from the ball being worked down the wing and in behind the defence. The latter often brings success as we have seen this season, unfortunately so far more by our opposition than us.

I think that analysis is overly pessimistic in that while the manager dictates the system, decent players don't just knock the ball into the corners if there are other options.

We have all seen the frustration on the part particularly of Millar and Tidser looking for these options and them not being available. They now have more productive players around them and we should see the benefit of that.

Balls hoofed into the corners in the hope that someone might just get on the end of them is a very different tactic from the ball being worked down the wing and in behind the defence. The latter often brings success as we have seen this season, unfortunately so far more by our opposition than us.

I would be very happy with the latter as thats what we did (or tried to) first half vs East Fife before a team talk that resulted in an abandonment of that tactic and an ensuing horrorshow.

I’m happy with our business and do think we’ll see slightly better results IF as others have said they’re played in their correct positions and set out with a better game plan than we’ve seen previously.

On the face of it, we looked to have upgraded and given ourselves further options up front. The concerns, however, remain over the back-line and whether JJ has the tactical nous to get the best from the squad. Whatever the line-up and formation, I just hope JJ has more belief and has us set up to win.

Archived