The Easdale’s Shares - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Easdale’s Shares

Because the figure of 50 %of the total shares was not reached by the combination of shares already held and those taken up through the offer, King does now not need to buy and probably won't.

It week therfore be for the Easdales or any others who want to sell to do so through the normal channels subject to the vagaries of the market.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From my “in the know” local business pals the story is that the IBM site will house our new stadium, and McGill’s buses will be run from strategic parts of Greenock and the Port, which can be included in our Season Tickets. They also say the local infrastructure is currently being re-designed to suit this arrangement. I expect to be severely challenged on these points, however the pals I am referring to have always been reliable sources and have been proved correct in all instances that I can recall.

From my “in the know” local business pals the story is that the IBM site will house our new stadium, and McGill’s buses will be run from strategic parts of Greenock and the Port, which can be included in our Season Tickets. They also say the local infrastructure is currently being re-designed to suit this arrangement. I expect to be severely challenged on these points, however the pals I am referring to have always been reliable sources and have been proved correct in all instances that I can recall.

Edit to add the more successful Morton are the more successful McGill’s buses will be. Apparently they will also take us to away games! Awaiting ridicule from VT!

Getting on his 'White House-Kremlin' hotline to Cappielow to demand that we scout pub team players and then taking a massive, puffed-up tantrum about it when they don't respond favourably; now we've got the usual taxi driver pish being dressed up as an exclusive, Panama Papers style revelation. 

This guy is comedy gold; let's have more of these accounts on the forum instead of that pish 'steve' rebrand. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Getting on his 'White House-Kremlin' hotline to Cappielow to demand that we scout pub team players and then taking a massive, puffed-up tantrum about it when they don't respond favourably; now we've got the usual taxi driver pish being dressed up as an exclusive, Panama Papers style revelation.

This guy is comedy gold; let's have more of these accounts on the forum instead of that pish 'steve' rebrand.

There were no demands or taxi drivers involved VT, but don’t let that get in the way of your rant!

Can't wait. I assume by local infrastructure you mean a revamp of the Burns Lounge toilets and the adding of windows to make it the best stadium-local boozer in the league?

I wonder when the Tilly will start it’s design your new stadium competition?

Pretty much what I've heard too.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Much as I would rather stay at Cappielow, I would be willing to accept a move to a new ground if it was part of a bigger picture that involved new ownership, fresh investment & fresh ideas.

The club has stagnated for over 30 years as others that I would have considered no bigger than us (Accies, Livi, St mirren, Dunfermline, St Johnstone, even Killie) have either had sustained periods in the top flight, or managed to establish themselves there (with a few cup wins thrown in).

It’s time for a change. If moving away from Cappielow is part of the cost, them I would reluctantly accept it

Much as I would rather stay at Cappielow, I would be willing to accept a move to a new ground if it was part of a bigger picture that involved new ownership, fresh investment & fresh ideas.

The club has stagnated for over 30 years as others that I would have considered no bigger than us (Accies, Livi, St mirren, Dunfermline, St Johnstone, even Killie) have either had sustained periods in the top flight, or managed to establish themselves there (with a few cup wins thrown in).

It’s time for a change. If moving away from Cappielow is part of the cost, them I would reluctantly accept it

The stadium is nothing to do with failing to achieve anything though. We could be playing at the Bernabeu and we'd still have been absolutely shite for the last couple of decades.

I think sometimes people over-complicate the issues with the club, which are very simply caused almost entirely by appointing dodgy managers and/or allowing them far too much time to keep fucking things up. That's it. If McKinnon had stayed and we were sitting comfortably in the top four, everything else would be on the backburner (at best).

AWMSC

The stadium is nothing to do with failing to achieve anything though. We could be playing at the Bernabeu and we'd still have been absolutely s***e for the last couple of decades.

I think sometimes people over-complicate the issues with the club, which are very simply caused almost entirely by appointing dodgy managers and/or allowing them far too much time to keep ****ing things up. That's it. If McKinnon had stayed and we were sitting comfortably in the top four, everything else would be on the backburner (at best).

I’m not claiming that moving to a new stadium will make us better. I’m saying that I would be willing to accept it if it was part of a plan new owners had to invest new money, modernise the club and drag us into the 21st century.

Sure, I would rather all this happened while staying at Cappielow but if the new owners plans centred around moving away from Cappielow then I would be willing to accept it (so long as the rest of the plans looked good and there was money coming in etc). That’s all I’m saying.

For me the positive of this plan would be that the Easdale’s would need to provide a product that would attract a good number of fans to attend the games and use their buses and other facilities.

In what way would that make them any different to directors at any other Scottish football club? Indeed I've read just recently a bunch of seriously deluded Airdrie fans peddling the same argument on Pie and Bovril: that because their latest Walter Mitty owner of the ground would benefit from bigger crowds and revenue at the stadium, that he's definitely going to invest megabucks and send them 'back to the level where they belong'. 

The custodians of every Scottish football club would benefit from having a better product on the park - that doesn't mean that they all get to share success around. Nor would it make the Easdales any better (or worse) at delivering that success than the Rae family, whose business interests were also tied to having a better product on the park but largely failed to bring it about. 

You're dealing in absolute snakeoil salesman logic here.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Didn’t we recently put in plans to upgrade the Cappielow hospitality lounges?

If we did move then something like Burton Albion’s Pirelli stadium would probably suit us, a mix of terracing and seating. 5/6k capacity with room to expand if necessary.

I’d like to see us having a bigger pitch even if we did stay at Cappielow as the lack of width encourages hoofball at times.

Archived