The Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup 19/20 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup 19/20

vikingTON

Third round: Saturday 7 September or Sunday 8 September, 2019

32 Clubs (16 ties)

2 clubs from Northern Ireland Football League (Ballymena United & Glenavon)
2 clubs from Welsh Premier League (The New Saints & Connah’s Quay Nomads)
2 clubs from League of Ireland Premier Division (Waterford & Bohemians)
2 clubs from English National League (Solihull Moors & Wrexham)
The Famous + 9 diddies from Ladbrokes Championship
14 winners from second round
Pre-draw to determine which country will be allocated Pot A, Pot B, Pot C & Pot D to avoid 2 cross-border teams from the same country playing each other. Pot E has 24 Scottish teams

Fourth round: Saturday 12 October or Sunday 13 October, 2019

16 winners from the third round (8 ties)

Quarter-finals: Saturday 16 November or Sunday 17 November, 2019

8 winners from the fourth round (4 ties)

Semi-finals: Saturday 15 February or Sunday 16 February, 2020

4 quarter-final winners (2 ties)

Final: Saturday 28 March or Sunday 29 March, 2020

Waterford away please. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see there's games scheduled for the same day as Scotland's last qualifier at Hampden. Maximum consideration shown for the punters as always.

Agreed. There's no reason why a meaningless contest should be scheduled that day: the Scotland game should quite clearly be moved. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Oooft, the absolute state of that. 

I see there's games scheduled for the same day as Scotland's last qualifier at Hampden. Maximum consideration shown for the punters as always.

Agreed. There's no reason why a meaningless contest should be scheduled that day: the Scotland game should quite clearly be moved.

It's that kind of wit that makes you such a prolific shagger.

Oooft, the absolute state of that.

:lol: :lol:

*insert signature here*

As we never seem to do anything within this competition, I wouldn't worry about it.

*insert signature here*

We haven’t won a match in this tournament in almost five years.

That is an absurd statistic. I didn't believe you so I went to look it up myself.

2018-19: Dumbarton, lost
2017-18: Livingston, lost
2016-17: Queen's Park, lost
2015-16: Dumbarton, lost

In 2014-15 we beat Spartans, then Berwick, before CRASHING OUT to eventual finalists Alloa (and by losing to them we missed out on a 'glamour tie' against Rangers.)

EOho8Pw.png

That is an absurd statistic. I didn't believe you so I went to look it up myself.

2018-19: Dumbarton, lost
2017-18: Livingston, lost
2016-17: Queen's Park, lost
2015-16: Dumbarton, lost

In 2014-15 we beat Spartans, then Berwick, before CRASHING OUT to eventual finalists Alloa (and by losing to them we missed out on a 'glamour tie' against Rangers.)

Last season was the snake fucking about with the squad before fucking off himself.

Previous one was Hopkin owning us three times at Scapa.

The Hampden game was a disgrace, particularly considering that losing 2-0 flattered us.

The other Dumbarton game - didn't the team wake up to find themselves 3-0 down?

In any case, some sort of progress in this cup is overdue.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I've never been able to get excited by this tournament in any of it's guises, as it's basically the best of the diddies cup. 

I remember we reached the final at Love Street and my mates all wanted to go, including some OF fans. I didn't have the heart to tell them i wasn't interested, so I went along with it. Wasn't too bad a match and a decent crowd though we lost 3-2 to Accies, but I still had to pretend the game mattered to me. I still haven't told them till this day that i couldn't give a monkeys about this joke of a tournament, and never will!

I've never been able to get excited by this tournament in any of it's guises, as it's basically the best of the diddies cup. 

I remember we reached the final at Love Street and my mates all wanted to go, including some OF fans. I didn't have the heart to tell them i wasn't interested, so I went along with it. Wasn't too bad a match and a decent crowd though we lost 3-2 to Accies, but I still had to pretend the game mattered to me. I still haven't told them till this day that i couldn't give a monkeys about this joke of a tournament, and never will!

Grim.

Sorry Toby and all other Ton fans who like the tournament, no offence meant. It just happens to be how I feel about it.

It was excellent back then with regular big crowds at the finals. We had about 6000 there that day. Its pish now tho.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

The Quarter Final 2-1 win at Rugby Park that season is probably my favourite game of the various guises of this tournament.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived