Squad and transfers 2019/20 - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad and transfers 2019/20

Hej

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worth noting how much gaston has progressed, both as a keeper and a player. Wasn't that long before us he was playing up front for some junior teams. He most definitely improved over the course of his stint with Morton and made some quite unreal saves, most notably for me (from memory) the one at palmerston.

Undoubtedly a great shot stopper, but we definitely require a more all round keeper ie what McCrorie seemed to be

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Actually thought we might hear more regarding players leaving today. In previous years we've had loads of info the same day as the manager/player meetings to discuss new contracts.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Morton keepers traditionally need to be decent and Gaston fitted the bill. Very good shot stopper although his command of the box and distribution were always a talking point. Fond farewell and all the best for the future.

Admittedly I've not been a regular viewer for some years now but Gaston was always solid at this level. He's not going to be the easiest act to follow. Best of luck to him going forward.

EOho8Pw.png

Actually thought we might hear more regarding players leaving today. In previous years we've had loads of info the same day as the manager/player meetings to discuss new contracts.

Oliver and Kilday are off too...

Oliver and Kilday are no loss.

As a striker, Oliver did not score enough so I am glad to see us be a bit more ruthless instead of “could be good...” or “potential to be good”.

Tidser will definitely be away. Crawford referred to ‘stupid’ money that we couldn’t compete with.

Tidser will definitely be away. Crawford referred to ‘stupid’ money that we couldn’t compete with.

Just feel something has happened since Crawford made that statement that money has came from somewhere. I would imagine Hoppy would have not come in with the lure of a shit budget.

Just feel something has happened since Crawford made that statement that money has came from somewhere. I would imagine Hoppy would have not come in with the lure of a shit budget.

Aye. I think Hopkin has been given assurances before coming onboard.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Falkirk fans still under the impression Tidser will still sign for them.

Tidser has quite a few offers on the table, including us and Falkirk. Guess if Falkirk are still offering the most money, it could still be an option for him.

Buchanan has his Falkirk offer too.

Archived