The Tidser Thread - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Tidser Thread

TRVMP

74 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think has happened with Tidser?

• Signed a pre-contract elsewhere
    • Signed a new deal with Morton
    • Nothing
    • Don't know

Any chance of sharing what was said mate?

Basically he said that -

It isn't right to talk about his future right now

He will announce it when he is ready

People are going to have a lot to say

He has to look out for himself

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That’s a total contradiction in terms: if you have an affinity to this once-proud football club then you do not leave to sign for that horrible outfit and their lying snake of a manager: not least when you’ve got other deals on the table. This is entirely straightforward stuff.

So let’s start calling a King Snake a King Snake here instead of providing pathetic excuses for pure mercenary conduct.

Nah, it really isn't.

Just because you have an affinity to a club doesn't mean you need to show some sort of blind loyalty for your whole career by staying there, especially if you have faced some recent challenges ( fall outs with JJ etc).

Don't think he would have taken the decision likely, but he has been offered a fantastic deal by Falkirk from what I've been told and we would get no where near it. It's probably close to his last big contract and as stated above, he needs to look after himself. It he moved for the same money, I might view it differently.

Fully expect some, ( presumably you)  to give him the usual ex player, snake type abuse but reading between the lines, we certainly haven't helped ourselves in convincing him to stay with us and i can understand why he is moving on.

Nah, it really isn't.

Just because you have an affinity to a club doesn't mean you need to show some sort of blind loyalty for your whole career by staying there, especially if you have faced some recent challenges ( fall outs with JJ etc).

Don't think he would have taken the decision likely, but he has been offered a fantastic deal by Falkirk from what I've been told and we would get no where near it. It's probably close to his last big contract and as stated above, he needs to look after himself. It he moved for the same money, I might view it differently.

Fully expect some, ( presumably you)  to give him the usual ex player, snake type abuse but reading between the lines, we certainly haven't helped ourselves in convincing him to stay with us and i can understand why he is moving on.

Yep, agreed. I'm more bothered about that bit than anything else, to be honest.

AWMSC

Nah, it really isn't.

Except that nobody, anywhere on this forum, has actually claimed that he should or has to do this. Why do you keep making up this complete and utter drivel instead of addressing the issue at hand?

So that's a completely unsubstantiated claim about how great a deal he is getting and an irrelevant comparison with GMFC's potential offer. But it's not a binary choice. A player of Tidser's ability will quite clearly get more than two offers as a free agent in Scottish football (never mind from down south): indeed, he already has another one on the table from Dundee, as his agent already informed us at the beginning of January. And given that Tidser has just turned 29 the idea that he has one big contract left in professional football and Has To Take This Deal Now is a complete ****ing boatload of nonsense. 

But leaving to one side the fact that you're once again making up utter drivel here, none of the above demonstrates Tidser's 'affinity' to GMFC; it only underlines the pure, mercenary nature of his conduct. 

TTGJ certainly hasn't, but that's nowhere near a valid excuse for the absolute King Snake conduct of moving to Falkirk off the back of the last six months' worth of events. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Overanalysing but by trying not to say anything, Tidser actually said quite a lot.

Clearest hint yet that he has agreed to something and it's definitely not at Morton. If there was nothing to reveal he would have said that.

The bit about some people having an opinion certainly hints that he has indeed agreed to go to Falkirk.

Yuck.

Nah, it really isn't.

Totally agree.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Regardless of anyone’s thoughts on the rights and wrongs of actually leaving, surely we can all agree throwing a thinly veiled public admission out there the day before we play Falkirk is terrible on his part?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I have to agree with who said it earlier, that if the Falkirk thing never happened and the club allowed our best player to leave for a divisional rival then the board would be getting absolutely hounded for the lack of ambition they've shown.

The fact that one year in to a supposed three year plan for promotion we can't compete with other teams at our level to retain our best players is pathetic on their part.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Regardless of anyone’s thoughts on the rights and wrongs of actually leaving, surely we can all agree throwing a thinly veiled public admission out there the day before we play Falkirk is terrible on his part?

To an extent but if the tele asked the question I suppose he has to be as diplomatic as possible.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I have to agree with who said it earlier, that if the Falkirk thing never happened and the club allowed our best player to leave for a divisional rival then the board would be getting absolutely hounded for the lack of ambition they've shown.

The fact that one year in to a supposed three year plan for promotion we can't compete with other teams at our level to retain our best players is pathetic on their part.

Particularly when that player (seemingly) has an affinity for the club and has spent many years here. It's clear that any ambition disappeared with McKinnon did.

EOho8Pw.png

He could have said "no comment" or nothing at all.

Exactly. He’s obviously signed the PCA with the proviso that it’s not announced publicly until a certain time. Otherwise Falkirk would have been rubbing our faces in it with glee. So why do the interview and basically announce it yourself. Weird.

How did they allow him to leave? Do you have an inner knowledge of the deal? Bit silly to say something like that without concrete facts.

For all we know he signed the deal without even going to Morton and asking what they might be able to offer him; very little the board could've done in this scenario.

edit: misread your post slightly, sorry port-ton

So that's a completely unsubstantiated claim about how great a deal he is getting and an irrelevant comparison with GMFC's potential offer. 

Man you talk a power of sh**e! 

Just because you haven't seen the evidence, doesn't mean it doesn't exist!

Not a fan of our Board one jot but there is absolutely no way in which we could challenge Falkirk financially at the moment. They could easily blow us out the water and Tidser - having spent most of his csreer in the lower leagues - won't exactly be rolling in it.

Archived