General Football - Weird Results And Other Things Worth Sharing - Page 20 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

General Football - Weird Results And Other Things Worth Sharing

TRVMP

Schalke have football pie all over their shirt.

I’d go as far as to say that’s as shameful for them as our 10-2 defeat at Hamilton 5 years ago was.

I know that Man City are brilliant and Schalke haven’t had the best of seasons, but a team good enough to qualify from the Bundesliga last season and get out of their Champions League group surely shouldn’t be losing by that sort of scoreline to anyone. An absolutely disgraceful result for them.

The Bundesliga is an absolute pub league. Doesn't help that Bayern scour the league like vultures signing all the best talent.

The clubs need to band together and announce a moratorium on selling players to them. I know Dortmund announced earlier in season they'd stop selling to them all the clubs need to take a stand.

• 1 month later...

The CL is the pinnacle of football and has been for years, and anyone who doesn't like it is a ****ing weirdo. My favorite is when people say "the Champions league should be for champions :angry: " and "it was better when there were more crap teams in it :angry: ", as if anyone's on the edge of their seat for Legia Warsaw against Barcelona or Salzburg at Juventus. The format is ace - all the continent's best teams plus a fair shot for the smaller countries to get involved.

And granted, not every knockout stage has been as amazing as this year's quarters, but this is what it's all about, the world's best facing each other with sparks flying and amazing comebacks and shocks.

It bears repeating, a year on, just how fucking amazing the Champions League is. People who don't like it are absolute oddities. What a game just there, absolutely jaw-dropping.

EOho8Pw.png

Guardiola is a bald fraud and Tottenham are the luckiest club in world football. Hope Ajax pump them.

I'm not saying it was a classic in terms of quality, but in terms of excitement it was a monumentous game. People in the office who aren't even into football were spellbound.

And I also want Ajax to win because then the nineties will have returned.

Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png

I f*cking hate Spurs.

I also hate Spurs and how globalization and TV money has allowed them to become decent.

Just a jumped up West Ham. Hope they **** off soon.

Perfectly summed up. Horrible team.

Not as much as I despise Man City.

Let's face it, Spurs are and always will be a big city glamour club, always destined to show promise and being thereabouts without actually achieving anything, however a natural order won't have returned to English football until Man City are skint and scrambling about the relegation zone.

*insert signature here*

I also hate Spurs and how globalization and TV money has allowed them to become decent.

Just a jumped up West Ham. Hope they **** off soon.

West Ham will not fuck off anytime soon either.

London is emerging as one of European Football's major cities, although it always has been to an extent, but with Chelsea's success, plus Arsenal and Tottenham being regulars in the latter stages in both UEFA competitions, West Ham supporters will be demanding that level of success too and their owners will speculate accordingly.

*insert signature here*

West Ham will not **** off anytime soon either.

London is emerging as one of European Football's major cities, although it always has been to an extent, but with Chelsea's success, plus Arsenal and Tottenham being regulars in the latter stages in both UEFA competitions, West Ham supporters will be demanding that level of success too and their owners will speculate accordingly.

Correct. The pole of influence in English football is moving towards London. North-west England will always have plenty of influence, but London won't be a poor relation much longer.

The top, top owners know which way the wind is blowing, and it's towards capitals and megalopolii. Like if you remember the G20 group of leading European clubs, it had teams like Leverkusen in it. That's not going to happen anymore in terms of finance. Every so often a little club will defy the odds and do well (Ajax this season, for example) but football - much like music, publishing, countless other fields - will have a small creme de la creme at the very top, concentrated in major financial and cultural centers, and then a massive, teeming morass beneath them comprising everyone else. London will be at the top. Newcastle won't. Munich will. Hannover won't. Madrid will. Valencia won't. Paris will. Nantes won't. Milan will. Palermo won't. And so on.

EOho8Pw.png

I hate all London clubs tbh, mainly because i perceive London to be a ****ing bin populated by right ****.

Pretty much. I've never enjoyed a trip to London, especially not for football.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Pretty much. I've never enjoyed a trip to London, especially not for football.

London's a s***ehole.

I'm indifferent to Man City, to be honest. You hear a lot of sanctimonious drivel about the money and all that, but a big whack of their fans were supporting them before the money came along and a decent number will have seen them relegated, all in the shadow of a much bigger, richer club.

It's hard to take a lot of the whinging seriously from people who have latched on to other big clubs from the off - you can't really be sitting in London with a Man Utd badge as your Twitter profile picture and piss and moan about glory-hunters. 

Every big team has became a big team because they've had more money than most others.

Edited by EanieMeany

AWMSC

London's a s***ehole.

I'm indifferent to Man City, to be honest. You hear a lot of sanctimonious drivel about the money and all that, but a big whack of their fans were supporting them before the money came along and a decent number will have seen them relegated, all in the shadow of a much bigger, richer club.

It's hard to take a lot of the whinging seriously from people who have latched on to other big clubs from the off - you can't really be sitting in London with a Man Utd badge as your Twitter profile picture and piss and moan about glory-hunters. 

Every big team has became a big team because they've had more money than most others.

Aye, I don't think anyone could begrudge the hardcore City fans any sort of success given what they had to watch United achieve over the last 25 years. Premier League fans are quick to moan about the gloryhunters and the armchair fans, but their league would be absolutely nothing without them. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks!