The Morton weekly podcast - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Morton weekly podcast

74GMFC

He's given far more "abuse" - if that's why you want to call it - than he's received. If he's choosing not to post here on the forum anymore that's fine, he is more than entitled to move on and he shouldn't be chased to the ends of the earth or anything. But let's not rewrite history here.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is abuse and pointless abuse at that. Leave the guy to his podcast instead of circling round him like a tramp on chips over completely moot points.

I assume you'll be giving examples of where I've done either of these things?

EOho8Pw.png

This is my first time listening to it. In terms of the podcast itself: the sound quality is rubbish and needs to improve. The host is pretty good precisely because he lets his guests talk. He asks questions just to move the conversation along, but Tidser is happy enough to take them in his direction. In a way this might actually be better than someone who knows a lot more about the subject matter (clearly he wasn't there for any of these games he mentions to Tidser) who might be inclined to talk more.

There's nothing that ground-breaking or amazing about this (I only listened to the Morton and Rotherham parts). Other than Steve Evans, who he doesn't like at all (apparently he mistreated his staff, up to and including the girls who served the pre-match snacks) everyone is a "brilliant guy, to be fair, he was great, honestly". I'm not knocking Tidser here - he doesn't seem to be lying. He just seems to be easy to get along with. But if you're looking for drama and dirt... nah, not happening. Just some fairly benign recollections. Nothing wrong with that, of course.

Maybe the most interesting thing is that Tidser says that Weatherson was a good influence on him and, of all the experienced players, was the one who offered him the most guidance. And apparently he was speaking to Aberdeen, Killie, and Bradford when he went to Rotherham.

EOho8Pw.png

Actually another interesting part is that he says constant shouted instructions from the touchline are off-putting (for him). Evans was a prick about it; Duffy also did it but not aggressively, just out of habit.

EOho8Pw.png

Actually another interesting part is that he says constant shouted instructions from the touchline are off-putting (for him). Evans was a prick about it; Duffy also did it but not aggressively, just out of habit.

I don't think any of us could do our jobs properly with Jim Duffy constantly screaming 'Ricki! Ricki! Ricki!' beside us.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Archived