Euro 2016 - France - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Euro 2016 - France

Draw takes place February 23rd in Nice.

Pot 1: Spain (holders), Germany, Netherlands, Italy, England, Portugal, Greece, Russia, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Pot 2: Ukraine, Croatia, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland, Belgium, Czech Republic, Hungary, Republic of Ireland

Pot 3: Serbia, Turkey, Slovenia, Israel, Norway, Slovakia, Romania, Austria, Poland

Pot 4: Montenegro, Armenia, SCOTLAND, Finland, Latvia, Wales, Bulgaria, Estonia, Belarus

Pot 5: Iceland, Northern Ireland, Albania, Lithuania, Moldova, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Cyprus

Pot 6: Luxembourg, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein, Faroe Islands, Malta, Andorra, San Marino, Gibraltar

With 23 of the 53 teams qualifying, surely this time....

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=13021&newsCategoryID=1

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Where are France in that list? They have to play in the qualifying although they will still be in it as hosts.

From what I can make out, they will play in the group of 5. But their games will only be friendlies.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Getting in the same group as Austria would be good on a personal level, but I rate them as one of the up-and-coming nations in Europe, so I'm not so sure that playing them would be for the best.

Greece, Hungary, Israel, Cyprus and Gibraltar would be ideal.

Been to Hungary literally hundreds of times during my driving days. Budapest is one of the best cities in Europe. The Tartan Army would love it, and they would love the Tartan Army.

Greece, Hungary, Israel, Cyprus and Gibraltar would be ideal.

I went for Greece, Ireland, Slovakia, Moldova and Gibraltar. Don't know anything about Hungary, or how they got into such a high pot!

ETA They have a lot of players with decent international goal tallies, something which we don't have. 

From what I can make out, they will play in the group of 5. But their games will only be friendlies.

Correct. It is also impossible for Spain to draw Gibraltar due to political reasons - I thought Uefa / FIFA always took a dim view on politics interfering in football.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

Been to Hungary literally hundreds of times during my driving days. Budapest is one of the best cities in Europe. The Tartan Army would love it, and they would love the Tartan Army.

It is indeed a fine city. I spent a month working there in 2000 and had a great time.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

As Francis Boyle said, the biggest con trick The Tartan Army ever pulled was to convince themselves that they're not all c*nts.

Don't you mean Francis Gallagher?

You mean the fine philosopher of The Chatsworth Estate? :blush:

Not quite  :lol: , the Scots hating, Scottish poet Francis Gallagher.

Never heard of Francis Boyle. :blush: 

Spain, Belgium, Romania, Scotland, Iceland, Luxembourg

That's our luck, right there.

"Only by understanding what a rebellion accomplishes can we see its limitations. A rebellion disrupts the society, but it does not provide what is necessary to establish a new social order." James and Grace Lee Boggs.

Correct. It is also impossible for Spain to draw Gibraltar due to political reasons - I thought Uefa / FIFA always took a dim view on politics interfering in football.

They've kept other countries apart before: Azerbaijan and Armenia are kept separate, Croatia and Serbia were at first after Croatian independence.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived