Squad and transfers 2019/20 - Page 82 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad and transfers 2019/20

Hej

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All quiet in here. Hoping for 2/3 arrivals in the next week and a bit.

I understand Hopkin mentioned looking for a right back at the Beacon. That would be a right toe in the nuts for Tumilty and Salkeld.

Would personally prioritise a good centre back as the first order of business, then another left back as we've nobody to play there in the event of Strapp picking up a knock or suspension. A left back/LCB type, a sort of Lamie 2.0, ideally.

I understand Hopkin mentioned looking for a right back at the Beacon. That would be a right toe in the nuts for Tumilty and Salkeld.

Would personally prioritise a good centre back as the first order of business, then another left back as we've nobody to play there in the event of Strapp picking up a knock or suspension. A left back/LCB type, a sort of Lamie 2.0, ideally.

Indeed. Unless it's Dani Alves, it doesn't seem like a priority when we're being told how tight money is. I can see us ending this window without having a single reliable centre-half on the books.

AWMSC

I'll be astounded if we don't bring in at least 2 defenders before the end of the window. Ideally 2 centre halves who can play fullback if required.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I'll be astounded if we don't bring in at least 2 defenders before the end of the window. Ideally 2 centre halves who can play fullback if required.

Do that and they are of decent quality then we could have a right good season.

Don't think it's a set back for Salkeld, he's not a right back and pretty much every game he has came on has been an attacking mid role.

Tumilty on the other hand..

Don't think it's a set back for Salkeld, he's not a right back and pretty much every game he has came on has been an attacking mid role.

Tumilty on the other hand..

Ah, I thought Salkeld had started a game at RWB before being moved forward in the 2nd half. Hopkin spoke about him being able to play wing back on either side when he signed. I'd rather try him out in the position than have McAlister in there again - he just doesn't have the legs to play fullback.

Not sure how reliable this one is, but i was told this morning that it is Paul Caddis 

Surely fucking not.

edit: Well it seems Hopkin did sign him for Bradford last season, maybe there is something in it. 

He would be a good signing based on his experience in England playing about 150 games for Birmingham.

The worrying thing is again we may be signing a player who's previous season resulted in relegation for the division they were in, this case being bottom of League 1.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

Archived