Serie A - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Serie A

Was wondering if anyone has been following the Serie A this season?

Udinese are currently top of the pile

Napoli are 3rd as well

The usual suspects are all hanging around the top half too.

Just watching Milan v Napoli just now.. very engaging game, although it is only 0-0 at half time, Napoli down to 10 men

I was watching some o the highlights on youtube the other dy and napoli did look really good i must say!

Napoli have had a great start to the season

I wonder if the bubble has burst tonight?

Cannavaro looked a class act though

I reckon Napoli can at least get a top 6 finish

my fave Italian teams: AC Milan and of course A.C. Reggiana 1919 ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Do any TV channels show Serie A matches at the moment? The only place I've seen them shown live is on the websites of some of the betting companies but I hate watching matches on them.

On Serie A, I see Inter beat Juventus 1-0 to stay top of the table. :)

I started getting into Serie A because of channel 4's coverage when Gazza moved to Lazio. I started to follow Inter's results after watching Aston Villa put them out of the UEFA Cup in 1994/95. The Ruben Sosa / Dennis Bergkamp strike force was the main reason.

Do any TV channels show Serie A matches at the moment? The only place I've seen them shown live is on the websites of some of the betting companies but I hate watching matches on them.

On Serie A, I see Inter beat Juventus 1-0 to stay top of the table. :)

I started getting into Serie A because of channel 4's coverage when Gazza moved to Lazio. I started to follow Inter's results after watching Aston Villa put them out of the UEFA Cup in 1994/95. The Ruben Sosa / Dennis Bergkamp strike force was the main reason.

I was the same.. fell in love with Italian football, and to a lesser degree the culture, due to Channel 4

The first ever Serie A game I watched was Sampdoria v Lazio.. ended 3-3 I recall

watched on a wee tv with a fuzzy reception.... was awesome!

channel 5 lost the rights to show Serie A this season (probably due to low viewing figures last season and them not willing to spend the cash again), so I just stream the games when I get a chance

Inter scored a big win this weekend.. 1-0 at home to Juve

Milan faltered with a 2-2 draw away to Torino

Did Ehiogu or Fashanu score a late winner in that game Jona?? I seem to remember an absolute cracker of a game involving Villa and Inter years back

have vague memories of this also

big fash the bash celebrating like a madman in front of the holte end

the days when they had the half blue half claret retro umbro kit (the one with the tassles - the 1930's look)

no idea if any of the above is true or is just my imagination....

Did Ehiogu or Fashanu score a late winner in that game Jona?? I seem to remember an absolute cracker of a game involving Villa and Inter years back

No mate, although Ehiogu was brilliant in the second leg and I'm sure Fashanu played in the first leg. Inter won the first leg 1-0 at the San Siro. Ruben Sosa dived to win a penalty and Dennis Bergkamp converted. Villa won the second leg 1-0 with Ray Houghton scoring against Gianluca Pagliuca for the second time in a couple of months having scored the winner when ROI beat Italy 1-0 at USA '94. It was a great match though. Villa ended up winning 4-3 on pens. Phil King smashed home the winning penalty to send Villa through.

have vague memories of this also

big fash the bash celebrating like a madman in front of the holte end

the days when they had the half blue half claret retro umbro kit (the one with the tassles - the 1930's look)

no idea if any of the above is true or is just my imagination....

That was my favourite ever Villa strip but was from 92-93 season. The strip they wore that night was a claret strip with blue pin stripes and the Muller Rice sponsor.

Ray%20Houghton%20v%20Inter.gif

I was the same.. fell in love with Italian football, and to a lesser degree the culture, due to Channel 4

The first ever Serie A game I watched was Sampdoria v Lazio.. ended 3-3 I recall

watched on a wee tv with a fuzzy reception.... was awesome!

channel 5 lost the rights to show Serie A this season (probably due to low viewing figures last season and them not willing to spend the cash again), so I just stream the games when I get a chance

Inter scored a big win this weekend.. 1-0 at home to Juve

Milan faltered with a 2-2 draw away to Torino

That was the first ever Channel 4 Italian football game I think, certainly first or second anyway, because it was Gascoigne vs Des Walker (not sure if Gazza was fit though). I remember watching it with my dad thinking we were in for a treat every Sunday, but the games soon became proper Italian after that. Still great though, Gazzetta Football on a Saturday morning was brilliant.

Don't Bravo have the rights at the moment?

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just finished watching Roma v Milan

Probably one the best Italian games I have ever seen

Finished 2-2

some wonderful goals

end to end stuff

Beckham also played 89 mins and looked ok

Got a lot of admiration for Beckham, I think he is a tremendous professional. I've always suspected that he would like to remain in Italy and hope it turns out that way.

Is italian football still shown on the tv here?

It's a real pity it is not on five anymore :( .It was worthwhile alone for the bird who helped present the show :D

I know Serie A may not be the league it once was but it will always hold a unique allure for me, probably because it was the first foreign league to be shown here.

Italian football is not everyone's cup of tea but I've always found the game there - and everything else that surrounds it culturally and politically - really interesting.

It's a real pity it is not on five anymore :( .It was worthwhile alone for the bird who helped present the show :D

I know Serie A may not be the league it once was but it will always hold a unique allure for me, probably because it was the first foreign league to be shown here.

Italian football is not everyone's cup of tea but I've always found the game there - and everything else that surrounds it culturally and politically - really interesting.

I have similar feelings (especially about the bird who co-presented the show ;) )

Italian football not being shown is a shame... I just stream it but it is not the same as watching on the TV in proper quality.

The quality is a million times better than SPL and the league boats such talents as Ronadinho, Pato, Seedorf, Del Piero, Mancini, Paulo Maldini (he is about 40 now and still playing) I could list many more but you get the point.

Also I think the entertainment factor is a lot higher just now too.. very rarely do you get the bore draws as most teams believe they can beat each other.

I have similar feelings (especially about the bird who co-presented the show ;) )

Italian football not being shown is a shame... I just stream it but it is not the same as watching on the TV in proper quality.

The quality is a million times better than SPL and the league boats such talents as Ronadinho, Pato, Seedorf, Del Piero, Mancini, Paulo Maldini (he is about 40 now and still playing) I could list many more but you get the point.

Also I think the entertainment factor is a lot higher just now too.. very rarely do you get the bore draws as most teams believe they can beat each other.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2007/jun/1...uropeanfootball

Should have started last year.

Archived