Tonight Game V Vics - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Tonight Game V Vics

Guest midTONs

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I have heard our opponents were being a bit over physical for a friendly game. Our boys probably didn't want to get to much involved in that as the match is all about gaining match fitness, hence the negative scoreline!!

No point being to competitive in a pre-season friendly!

Guest Exiled Scot

Just got back from the game, score was about right. We didn't create many chances, their keepers were not too troubled.

Just got back from the game, score was about right. We didn't create many chances, their keepers were not too troubled.

1542[/snapback]

How did McGregor adjust to left-back?

How were the new signings?

Is Walkers injury serious?

How many supporters did we have?

So many questions.... :rolleyes:

Guest Exiled Scot
The young lad McLaren looks a prospect, the new lad from Rangers only got 15 mins. Walker limped off but I don't think it will keep him out for long. We had about 50 or 60 all of whom were a credit to the club except one young, pissed lad who made a bit of a tit of himself. The Chairman came into the crowd and spoke to all the Morton fans, nice touch I thought.

Just in from the game. Overall I thought we were ok but created very little in the final third. Big Chris was missing - injured?- and really disappointed that Alex Walker only lasted 10 minutes. McGregor did well at left back and Andy started up front with Del. McLuskey on the bench but no Williams.

We conceded a soft goal from a set-piece and then enjoyed the bulk of possession without threatening much in attack. Second half showed little change. Andy swapped with Finlayson and he looked dangerous on the right. We then got caught on a break for the second goal.

Not a lot to get excited about from the performance tonight but it is early days. Had the pleasure of meeting Danny Goodwin and Andy M beforehand in the pub. Dougie also shook our hands before the game as he went out to greet the Ton fans.

The young lad McLaren looks a prospect,

1569[/snapback]

Tongue in cheek I'm guessing?

I wouldn't worry too much about tonights result, it's all about fitness at this stage. Hopefully McGregor can adjust to left back in time for the real games starting (if that is where he's to play..?) and the team get used to playing together.

Disappointing result after our expectations were so high. Hust have to hope that, as you say, it's all about fitness.

A result would be nice though.......

Note to self - be nice to the opposition.

I'm not so much worried about the result as I am the fact that we didn't seem to create much.

Did McGregor play the full game? Seeing him cope at full-back AND make a comeback from his injury would make my day ;)

EOho8Pw.png

Archived