Ricky Gillies For The Ton? - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ricky Gillies For The Ton?

Caltonfan

I know I haven't seen him play much recently, but I hear from St. Mirren fans on other boards that he's lost it big style. He's fallen out of favour there and seems to be doing little to get it back. If he DOES sign I will of course give him a chance, but TBH I think the last thing we need is an overhyped let-down.

EOho8Pw.png

What about Gary Bolan?

AT

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

McInally is in today's Sun denying that he's in for Gilles:

"I have a list of players I want for next season, but Ricky is definitely not one of them"

132[/snapback]

good!

hopefully the list is full of experience, notably in defence and midfield. i still think we lack at least one player who can sit in midfield and do the dirty work (ie kick everything that moves) and make us a bit more solid in that area, esp away from home.

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

agreed with.

McGurn in my opinion is the most improved player.

Harding looks good and could maybe improve with another defenders and full backs, unles we keep Peter at right back.

Midfield, a ball winning midfielder would be helpful.

i'll try think tomorrow though !

We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Gillies has been released. Despite McInally's comments, as recently as yesterday The Metro was saying we were still after him.

I think he'll end up at a club like Hamilton, or St. Johnstone maybe.

EOho8Pw.png

The difference between the stories in the Record and the Metro (published by the same mob by the way) is that there are no quotes from anyone that suggests we are after Gilles.

McInally was quoted in the Sun saying that he isn't interested, so I'd take that as true until the gaffer says otherwise.

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man"

morton4rp5.png

as AT mentioned earlier on, Gary Bollan is definetly a good shout, always been a solid player, has experience etc....would be a good signing imo. IF we're in the second div next year, you think he would drop down a division?

• 2 months later...

Archived