Game Latest - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Game Latest

puggsy_ton

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Exiled Scot

Just back from the match, did finish 3-1. I was at Northwich as well and saw a different team today, played well as a team. Gonet was brilliant, good command of his area and saved two penelties well.

I would think there were around 200 Morton fans at least, we well outnumbered the home support.

Just back from the match, did finish 3-1. I was at Northwich as well and saw a different team today, played well as a team. Gonet was brilliant, good command of his area and saved two penelties well.

I would think there were around 200 Morton fans at least, we well outnumbered the home support.

2788[/snapback]

I'm fed up asking what were the goals like?

FOr the ones asking about the clock time, in control panel and board settings it gives you your time setting, you need to click the box just under it to allow for daylight savings or something, that'll correct it.

2774[/snapback]

Ment to say earlyer puggs ats me sorted now :) i always new you were the clever one in your family :rolleyes:

Guest Exiled Scot
I'm fed up asking what were the goals like?

2795[/snapback]

Sorry, just popped out for a drink before I get a shower and get ready to go for a drink.

Lilley's goal I can't tell you much about as I was just getting in, however what I saw he was clear in the box and shot into the roof of the net. Peter@s goal was a joy to watch, good interplay in the midfield and he took a pass from McLaren and ran into the box beating a couple of defenders and fired home low to the keeper's left. Walker took his goal well. Got the ball on the half way line from defence and sold the defender a lovely dummy and ran in on goal chased by two defenders, ran into the box and slotted home as cool as you like. Their goal was s***e.

Sorry, just popped out for a drink before I get a shower and get ready to go for a drink.

Lilley's goal I can't tell you much about as I was just getting in, however what I saw he was clear in the box and shot into the roof of the net. Peter@s goal was a joy to watch, good interplay in the midfield and he took a pass from McLaren and ran into the box beating a couple of defenders and fired home low to the keeper's left. Walker took his goal well. Got the ball on the half way line from defence and sold the defender a lovely dummy and ran in on goal chased by two defenders, ran into the box and slotted home as cool as you like. Their goal was s***e.

2803[/snapback]

thanks very much sounds like we played well.

Alty website says the attendance was 618. IT doesn't say how the numbers were divided, but it did describe the Morton support as a "large contingent of vocal Scotsmen." :)

EOho8Pw.png

The place was bouncing with Ton fans on a lovely warm July afternoon (I have the red arms and neck to prove it!).

A friendly club with a good social club inside the ground. A good contingent of vocal Morton fans all in good voice and humour (even if colourful at times).

The ref was a joke. For their first penalty Harding was not the last man and their striker got his shot away, just going past the far post. Could have given him a talking to, perhaps a yellow card or even told McInally to sub him. It was a friendly for god sake and not against ateam from, 20 miles down the road. Although 2-0 up at the time, I thought it might ruin the game but it was good to see some bite in the Ton tackles and well marshalled I thought by McLaren.

A pleasing performance and nice to get back to Essex at a reasonable time on a Saturday night. (More pre-season friendlies in England please Dougie!).

The Tractor's pulling for the Ton

Archived