Templeman - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Templeman

Bryan

he's spent all summer doing fitness training so he's slightly ahead of everyone else anyway

Just noticed this comment in the telegraph, I think Templeman should be praised on working on his fitness during the summer. As this was an area many said was lacking in his game.

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

To be honest, although fitness will help, I didn't think that was his biggest problem - it was general sharpness i.e. speed of thought and foot.

He just seemed ponderous last year.

Will fitness help that?

Note to self - be nice to the opposition.

I hope it does. A problem with Templeman last season was that he wasn't getting the ball on the deck. He was getting the balls high, when as Marbellaton says, he can't header very well. You guys saw what he was like when he was able to get the ball on the ground and turn past a number of defenders. I think service will be the key thing.

Definitely a more dangerous prospect when he got the ball on the deck at the edge of the box, but he needs to add more to his game than that.

As we saw last season, when defenders suss out that's what he needs it's fairly striaghtforward to limit his chances.

I'd like to see him round his game a bit more - as you say, headers, but maybe taking chances on getting on the last defender or hopefully behind him.

He seems to want to get the same type of ball to feet all the time.

Note to self - be nice to the opposition.

He seems to want to get the same type of ball to feet all the time.

1756[/snapback]

he wants it chest height tooo

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

i think his main problem was the lack of proper service last year, as well as being left to a lot of the work on his own up front, which is why i think lilley will help a lot, as he can lead the line and let temps play his own game.

i've said it before i think it has the potential to be a very good partnership...

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

Guest ton_will_get_promoted

Its a fresh start for bambi. The end of last season was a bit shaky for him though I have always said he will come good for us and I stand by that.

I reckon that now he knows the style of play and most of the people around him he will be good for 20+ goals again this season. A bad start would have our football experts on his back straight away and knocking his confidence further - but that aint gonna happen this season is it? :rolleyes:

Get off the guys back!!! he was top scorer in our league last .

If he had all the skills of Wayne Rooney we wouldn't get him for a hundred grand and he wouldn't be playing scottish 2nd div either.

Just be realistic, what we want is a team thet can move the ball around, play as a team and win more than we lose and hopefully move on from there.

foobs :rolleyes:

i agree with edinton - last season he was left to do most of the work on his own when he was partnered with paul walker. this season with lilley accompanying him it might be completely different ...

here's hoping, at least ...

Archived