The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

And we established soon after that this was indeed incorrect.

However, that doesn't make your laughable claim correct. It's evident for all to see that TOW is a much better defender than Kilday.

Also, TOW has vastly improved in a time where Kilday has spent large parts of the season on the injury list, so it's not even much of a fair comparison in any case.

Swing and miss, champ.

1) The fact that your judgement about Barr v Kilday was rapidly dismissed (having already been called out at time as nonsense by the likes of yours truly) casts doubt on your latest judgement regarding Kilday and a central defender. After all, the facts show that you're 0 for 1 (swing and indeed a miss) already.

2) Kilday's best performances for the club were last season - specially, in the last half of 2016 before he picked up an injury and missed a lengthy spell of games. O'Ware's best performances were only later on in the same season: he's been unquestionably poorer this time round. So the idea of a 'vast improvement' in O'Ware's game in the last 18 months doesn't tally with the evidence; he hasn't improved at all in the last twelve. O'Ware was a solid Championship defender at the start of 2017 and is no better now. Which means that a fully fit Kilday - having been a better defender then - is also a better defender now.

These are facts.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O'Ware and Gunning were a good partnership which was down to Gunning's experience and being a defensive god.

But clearly inferior to the Gunning-Kilday partnership that would have had us travelling to the Velodrome in the Europa League semis next week, had it not been broken up by injury/'having a diddy club mentality and a shite manager who wasted his budget on Lawrence Shankland and Luke Donnelly'.

Sad!

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Kilday did indeed go through a spell like that last season; just as O'Ware did this season. O'Ware is every bit as error prone as Kilday, but gets away without nearly as much criticism due to his attacking prowess and length of service.

It's entirely possible that Kilday has deteriorated as a player with the amount of time he's spent injured, but if he can recover his 15/16 form then he's a better defender. O'Ware is absolutely a solid Championship centre back but people think he's a better defender than he is because of his attacking contribution, which obviously has nothing to do with defending.

I don't agree that Kilday has been a better defender than O'Ware at any spell of his Morton career. Not saying he's bad at all, we're in a fortunate position of having several very good defenders for this level and all are young and improving.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

1) The fact that your judgement about Barr v Kilday was rapidly dismissed (having already been called out at time as nonsense by the likes of yours truly) casts doubt on your latest judgement regarding Kilday and a central defender. After all, the facts show that you're 0 for 1 (swing and indeed a miss) already.

2) Kilday's best performances for the club were last season - specially, in the last half of 2016 before he picked up an injury and missed a lengthy spell of games. O'Ware's best performances were only later on in the same season: he's been unquestionably poorer this time round. So the idea of a 'vast improvement' in O'Ware's game in the last 18 months doesn't tally with the evidence; he hasn't improved at all in the last twelve. O'Ware was a solid Championship defender at the start of 2017 and is no better now. Which means that a fully fitt Kilday - having been a better defender then - is also a better defender now.

These are facts.

Why don't you give up champ

Flogging a dead horse here

Why don't you give up champ

Flogging a dead horse here

The ball was in your court the last time that I checked. Provide a credible case for O'Ware being 'definitely better' than Kilday as a defender or slink away from this Harlem Globetrotters-esque display of fact-based analysis with your tail between your legs.

The ball was in your court the last time that I checked. Provide a credible case for O'Ware being 'definitely better' than Kilday as a defender or slink away from this Harlem Globetrotters-esque display of fact-based analysis with your tail between your legs.

You haven't provided a credible case, merely given your opinion like the rest of us. A wrong opinion fwiw.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Ha ha brilliant

Predictable response

You just don't know when you are beaten

You haven't provided a credible case, merely given your opinion like the rest of us. A wrong opinion fwiw.

I quite clearly have: which is why the closest thing to a counter argument you or anyone else has provided was 'but... but... you forgot that Kilday made mistakes as well!' and then a lot of bluster. Well no I haven't; Kilday simply makes fewer defensive mistakes than O'Ware because he is a better defender. Which is why Kilday has already had the opportunity to play for a top flight club, and why Kilday remains the established club captain despite having been unable to play for the best part of a year. 

O'Ware getting a chance to play at the top level will allow us to improve our defence in his absence with the resources that we already have in our squad and focus our budget elsewhere - on a good right-back for example. It'd be a move that works out well for everyone involved - apart from ToM and GiGi of course, who would probably top themselves at the news. 

Kilday being made club captain was IMO for some sort of confidence boost.

Even his own team mates joked about it at the time.

I accept you're not going to back down, but you're simply wrong - Oware is the better defender. Most agree.

Maybe one of the forum members who is adept at that sort of thing could set up a simple poll. Who is the better defender, O'Ware or Kilday?

On balance I would go for O'Ware but other than at set pieces Kilday offers much more going forward out of defence, an aspect of O'Ware's game which has if anything gone backwards (no pun intended ).

Maybe one of the forum members who is adept at that sort of thing could set up a simple poll. Who is the better defender, O'Ware or Kilday?

On balance I would go for O'Ware but other than at set pieces Kilday offers much more going forward out of defence, an aspect of O'Ware's game which has if anything gone backwards (no pun intended ).

Your brother’s quite internet savvy, maybe you could ask him to start a poll.

On second thoughts, never mind :).

I quite clearly have: which is why the closest thing to a counter argument you or anyone else has provided was 'but... but... you forgot that Kilday made mistakes as well!' and then a lot of bluster. Well no I haven't; Kilday simply makes fewer defensive mistakes than O'Ware because he is a better defender. Which is why Kilday has already had the opportunity to play for a top flight club, and why Kilday remains the established club captain despite having been unable to play for the best part of a year.

O'Ware getting a chance to play at the top level will allow us to improve our defence in his absence with the resources that we already have in our squad and focus our budget elsewhere - on a good right-back for example. It'd be a move that works out well for everyone involved - apart from ToM and GiGi of course, who would probably top themselves at the news.

^^^ Still doesn't get how sustainability works.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Archived