The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 12 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

Fair play to O'Ware in seeking a new challenge. This has not been his best season at the club but he has improved immeasurably since he arrived and scored some important goals.

If I was in the shoes of the rest of the squad I would take any chance to move on from a club with a business model solely focused on sustainability with no ambition to move forward.

Best of luck Tam.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deserves a good send off today.

Anyone who thinks we’ll be able to sign an equal or better replacement next season is deluded.

We have two better centre backs at the club already in Lamie and Kilday, provided the latter hasn't deteriorated due to injury.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

We have two better centre backs at the club already in Lamie and Kilday, provided the latter hasn't deteriorated due to injury.

Behave! On his goal record alone he has contributed more than Lamie and Kilday. All three have had their moments of madness but little evidence the remaining two, if they remain, are better centre backs.

Give it up. Kilday is no better.

I'd be far less concerned if he went. And In any case, there's absolutely no guarantee of Kilday getting himself fit and stayin fit

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Behave! On his goal record alone he has contributed more than Lamie and Kilday. All three have had their moments of madness but little evidence the remaining two, if they remain, are better centre backs.

A goals record isn't relevant to the claim that he's a better centre back - which he isn't. His set-piece threat will be the thing that we will need to work hard to replace - although I do recall Kilday hammering in a header against Falkirk last season just when everyone was insisting that only Tam could possibly score from a pinpoint Forbes delivery. 

It's never ideal to lose a first team regular but this is one position where we already have good alternatives. I'd be ditching Gasparotto though as he has done nothing to convince me in this loan spell. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

O'Ware has been great for Morton over the last 3 seasons but you could definitely see the frustration in his play over the last 6 months.

If all 3 are on top form Kilday and Lamie are better defensively for me. If Kilday can stay fit I wouldn't have any concerns going into next season with those two as a pairing.

A goals record isn't relevant to the claim that he's a better centre back - which he isn't. His set-piece threat will be the thing that we will need to work hard to replace - although I do recall Kilday hammering in a header against Falkirk last season just when everyone was insisting that only Tam could possibly score from a pinpoint Forbes delivery.

It's never ideal to lose a first team regular but this is one position where we already have good alternatives. I'd be ditching Gasparotto though as he has done nothing to convince me in this loan spell.

Big Luca is our player.

Wouldnt be too fussed either way on him right enough.

Yes it is. Defensive qualities are the priority but scoring goals is part of the package. The reason you can remember Kilday's goal is because he scores so few unlike O'Ware.

Yes it is. Defensive qualities are the priority but scoring goals is part of the package. The reason you can remember Kilday's goal is because he scores so few unlike O'Ware.

Goalscoring is not part of the package when identifying an effective central defender - it has nothing at all to do with their job. In a centre forward or attacking midfielder then it is absolutely something worth considering; give me the best central defender in a generation who scores zero goals per season and I think I'll cope.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived