Who would you keep from current squad for next season? - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who would you keep from current squad for next season?

74GMFC

For next season I’d hope the club keep Millar, Tidser and maybe Waddell as he is still young and could improve. But in terms of the rest I wouldn’t be fussed if they went! JJ and Houston in charge of a summer overhaul does worry me to be honest...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ireadale, Tids, Millar, Telfer, McHugh (not in that order). I've liked Dykes so far and if we could keep McCrorrie and Dallas then I would. Don't want a situation where it's a full new squad again so if he keeps a few more as squad players then so be it.

With the caveat that I've seen less than a quarter of our games this season, and that I expect us to head into the 2019/20 season with a new "head coach":

Tidser
Millar
Iredale
Strapp
Buchanan
Telfer
McHugh
Waddel
Kilday
Gaston

That's in descending order of priority for me. These are guys who, augmented with other signings, could either be ones for the future or keep us in and around the playoff spots.

But it all depends on the wage demands, and who else is available, of course.

EOho8Pw.png

McAlister was our best player yesterday. In my opinion of course!

I said to my mates at the game yesterday that someone would come out with this. He had two eye catching moments in the game - 1 lung bursting run and one cracking tackle. Other than that he was anonymous as usual and had zero influence on the match. Just floated about as usual doing plenty of pointing. It's no wonder Dunfermline dominated possession. Compare and contrast with Millar who is our captain in all but name.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Ireadale, Tids, Millar, Telfer, McHugh (not in that order). I've liked Dykes so far and if we could keep McCrorrie and Dallas then I would. Don't want a situation where it's a full new squad again so if he keeps a few more as squad players then so be it.

Dallas didn't do much to suggest he's any better than our own youth players.

But because he is a Rangers boy he must be better than what we have?

Or because he was banging them in at reserve level and is highly rated whilst we don't have any youth striker with that sort of form?

Tidser, Tumilty, Iredale, Gaston and McHugh. Not necessarily as starting XI players.

Probably get crucifed for including Tumilty, but I still reckon there's a good player in there somewhere.

I agree, I just don't think he's as bad as has been made out.

It's the same situation as the rest of the squad though: nobody was terrible at the start of the season and given that it was a new team (something that gets overlooked: we were only three league games in, McKinnon had less time with the players than the current chancer - it shouldn't matter a jot if he signed them or not as the majority of jobs a manager will get at this level will be with a squad he didn't sign), you could see that it was trying to play in a very defined way and the chances are that at least some players would have settled in and became pretty decent. That's what a manager does (or tries to do), he gets players playing how he wants.

We'll never know, of course, but it brings us back to the question of why Johansson was hired? If he was told this was his squad and he'd be very limited in adding to it, then what exactly was his pitch? Surely to god he didn't say "5 at the back against Alloa and any lower league teams in the cup"?

Either the club accepted cost-cutting and merely surviving as being acceptable, they didn't conduct close to a thorough enough interview or Johansson has lied through his teeth because there hasn't been a single sign from him that he can do anything at all positive with this group of players. That's a damning indictment upon everybody involved.

AWMSC

Tumilty is half the player Doyle was, which is saying something. He's awful defensively, awful at tracking back, his passing is horrific and the majority of his crosses are awful.

He's my least favourite player out of all the dross on show this season.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Or because he was banging them in at reserve level and is highly rated whilst we don't have any youth striker with that sort of form?

Is he really though? By the sounds of it he had a couple of good games in the league our own reserves are in. Its not exactly a sure sign of a good player.

Is he really though? By the sounds of it he had a couple of good games in the league our own reserves are in. Its not exactly a sure sign of a good player.

Agreed. I wonder how much we are paying for his wage.

Doyle would've been fine to keep if he had a winger playing in front of him. He was competent defensively, just poor going forward. He's a far better defender than Tumilty. 

Doyle seems to be having a decent season at Queens.  I don't think he's playing at full back any more.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived