If not Johannsen, then who? - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

If not Johannsen, then who?

capitanus

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure Houston was quoted in the press stating that he has no desire to return to the dugout. While it is fairly normal for managers who become assistants to spout that line, there is a chance he wouldn't want to be caretaker.

One thing is for certain though; those two chancers Sutton and Anderson should not be given the caretaker role.

Yeah, he said on the radio before joining Morton that he didn’t see himself back in management but could see himself in a kind of mentor/coaching role. He was very reluctant to come into full-time management in the first place when he was the Dundee United caretaker manager.

Absolutely correct Crawford Rae conned the fans out their cash with empty promises just sell up and do one the Rae's legacy is they have ruined the club.

He appointed McKinnon who everyone was behind, gave funds for a full squad then took a hit on season tickets to try boost the crowds. Hardly conning the fans out their money.

Edit to add - there was also quite a big investment in sports science stuff which McKinnon asked for so if the club really didn't want to improve why would they have backed him with that as well?

He appointed McKinnon who everyone was behind, gave funds for a full squad then took a hit on season tickets to try boost the crowds. Hardly conning the fans out their money.

At the end of last season, the fans were that pissed off that very few were going to renew their season tickets. So I can see where big B is coming from.

Edit to add - there was also quite a big investment in sports science stuff which McKinnon asked for so if the club really didn't want to improve why would they have backed him with that as well?

He didn't take a hit on season tickets, he made them cheaper to encourage more people to buy them and build a much larger loyal customer - win-win for all but certainly not a gesture of goodwill at his personal expense.

He didn't take a hit on season tickets, he made them cheaper to encourage more people to buy them and build a much larger loyal customer - win-win for all but certainly not a gesture of goodwill at his personal expense.

And certainly not conning anyone either.

I didn't say he conned them. Although I think his intentions for Morton went down the drain when his father passed away.

I'd say it was a complete con unless he had genuine intentions of funding us to get to the top level. Telling our manager he's to cut the budget and trim a threadbare squad only a few months after making the statement suggests it was a blatant lie. There's zero evidence to suggest he has any ambition and spare me the crap about how he financed a squad for McKinnon. The guy had no players to start with and was hardly given a blank chequebook.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Absolutely correct Crawford Rae conned the fans out their cash with empty promises just sell up and do one the Rae's legacy is they have ruined the club.

I didn't say he conned them. Although I think his intentions for Morton went down the drain when his father passed away.

I agree with the gist of these two.

I think I've mentioned this on here before, but with all the talk of a three year plan whilst handing out one year deals to players you'd expect to be key to a title push and, more curiously, to the manager, I've suspected for a while that all the noises in the summer was just a token effort whilst Rae Snr was still alive. Cynical as it may sound, an "ambition" to make the top flight in three years can't be as resolute as it sounds if at the same time you're openly admitting that you'll sell up if the chance comes along. 

Whilst it wouldn't excuse the manner of his departure in the slightest, if McKinnon's made that realisation and been told that he wasn't getting any more players in January, then quite frankly the decision to move to Falkirk is a calculated, understandable gamble. Again, there's absolutely no justification for how he went about it, but at the same time, you'd be entitled to be really pissed off if you felt you'd been sold a duffer.

Regardless of all that, this is my first season ticket in years having taken all the summer talk at face value and therefore I expect the club to do everything it can to make the top flight in the next two seasons, starting with firing Johansson immediately and finding a suitable candidate. Rae and the rest of them have been allowed plenty of time for fannying about, so either they act quickly and ruthlessly to rescue their plan or they have indeed conned every single person who coughed up for a season ticket. Simple as that.

AWMSC

The season tickets were not on sale before his father died the comment of the 3 year plan was also made after his father died so what point are you trying to make here.

The season tickets were not on sale before his father died the comment of the 3 year plan was also made after his father died so what point are you trying to make here.

He said he wanted promotion in his dad's life time and sighted the 3 year plan at that point.

He said he wanted promotion in his dad's life time and sighted the 3 year plan at that point.

And do you think the way things are going and what the manager said yesterday about streamlining do you think he still wants to achieve that? Because if you do you are in a small minority.

And do you think the way things are going and what the manager said yesterday about streamlining do you think he still wants to achieve that? Because if you do you are in a small minority.

What? I said he isn't interested anymore since his Dad died. Think it is quite clear I don't think that.

Don't think it's too far fetched to suggest that he might have had a legitimate 3 year plan, to get to the top flight in his dad's lifetime then he was floored by his dad dying within a few weeks and then the snaking when things looked to be progressing well making him reassess things.

The 3 year plan hasn't been mentioned since then, in fact we have hardly heard much from him at all.

OK, we could have been updated to say the plan is on hold but would anyone actually come out and say that?

Words like conned and lied to seem unfairly strong and suggesting intentional deceit without actual foundation, arguably libelous.

If there is a new plan, it does seem to be exit strategy.

Archived