Jim - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Jim

Toby

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who have been concerned, a few of us are on the way back from Sheffield just now. We were treated brilliantly by all the lads who also contributed significantly to his funeral fund. There were some Morton fans who came down without any really connection to Sheffield United that left feeling really humbled by our treatment, and particularly fond of our friends from Yorkshire.

For those who have been concerned, a few of us are on the way back from Sheffield just now. We were treated brilliantly by all the lads who also contributed significantly to his funeral fund. There were some Morton fans who came down without any really connection to Sheffield United that left feeling really humbled by our treatment, and particularly fond of our friends from Yorkshire.

I ran out of greenies for the day, having used them all on this thread. I owe you one.

Both Yourself and Jim have asked if I fancy a trip down to Bramall Lane throughout the years and today I regret never taking you up on the offer.

I also seen that earlier Nick Robinson donated £500 to the fund on behalf of the club. Credit to them for that, it says a lot about how he was regarded by many at Cappielow.

*insert signature here*

I ran out of greenies for the day, having used them all on this thread. I owe you one.

Both Yourself and Jim have asked if I fancy a trip down to Bramall Lane throughout the years and today I regret never taking you up on the offer.

I also seen that earlier Nick Robinson donated £500 to the fund on behalf of the club. Credit to them for that, it says a lot about how he was regarded by many at Cappielow.

Great gesture that. Well done Nick.

Let's hope we keep the connection with Sheffield in his honour and mayve we could have an annual trip where we try and get a large number of Morton fans going down and vice Versa.

Fanstastic to see the donations nearly at the 7k mark. Fantastic effort and a true credit to the number of folk Jim has left his legacy

I haven't posted on here for ages, but felt inclined to do so to add my own small tribute to Jim, even though I'm still at a loss for words.

Like many other people, I could list a litany of small acts of kindness from Jim - small acts, but an immense measure of the generosity and huge heart of the man. He'd do anything for anyone and was always brilliant company no matter the circumstances, from words of wisdom to an endless well of weird and wonderful stories - I once jokingly suggested that it'd be great if someone compiled a "Now That's What I Call MacVicar" best of off his stories, but there were so many that'd have you in stitches to ever be able to compile. Nearly everyone who spent any time in his company will have a good memory of him, one way or the other.

It was (and is) impossible not to love the man, a one-of-a-kind personality that'll be missed by so many people in so many ways. As I commented on Twitter regarding the fund-raiser, you can't measure a person's worth in pounds, but you can most definitely do so by how quickly and generously so many people were to make a contribution for him - in many cases, in a small way to pay back Jim's own generosity. That and the depth and number of the tributes paid to him tell their own story.

We've lost one of our very best.

AWMSC

Haven't posted on the Forum in a while, but, have to post on this thread.

What a horrendous loss to the Morton family. Jim was a great guy that was always there for people that needed any help. I spent many a journey on his bus going to Ton and Scotland trips.....and he was welcoming to absolutely everyone.

I couldn't believe it when Russell phoned me on Saturday night to tell me the news.......I thought of Jill and his girls...and the tears came. What a cruel world we live in at times!

It was a pleasure to have known you and call you a friend, Jim. You will be sadly missed.

I was really shocked when I heard this terrible news.

I only knew Jim from travelling with the Albert / Factory Club to Morton and Scotland games.

Some of the stories I've read about him on here are very touching.

I remember a St Mirren v Morton game from absolute years ago at the old Love Street.

There was a random house window smashed as we came out the ground, which turned out to be an old women's who got the fright of her life.

I'm sure it was Jim that was behind raising money to pay for the window to be fixed.

He probably didn't have a clue who smashed it, and definitely didn't know the old women.

He was only concerned about Morton not getting a bad name, and more importantly making sure the old women's house was fixed and that she was ok.

Wee stories like that is what Jim was all about.

Rest in Peace Jim

Oozie

I was really shocked when I heard this terrible news.

I only knew Jim from travelling with the Albert / Factory Club to Morton and Scotland games.

Some of the stories I've read about him on here are very touching.

I remember a St Mirren v Morton game from absolute years ago at the old Love Street.

There was a random house window smashed as we came out the ground, which turned out to be an old women's who got the fright of her life.

I'm sure it was Jim that was behind raising money to pay for the window to be fixed.

He probably didn't have a clue who smashed it, and definitely didn't know the old women.

He was only concerned about Morton not getting a bad name, and more importantly making sure the old women's house was fixed and that she was ok.

Wee stories like that is what Jim was all about.

Rest in Peace Jim

It was indeed Jim along with his good mate Sean.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Just seen this and am shocked to hear this awful news.  I worked with Jim 20+ years ago and he certainly knew how to make a shift go faster.  An abiding memory is of him bringing in his childhood Morton top - the size contrast between man and boy was comical, but he showed such pride in that jersey I could tell he was more of a Morton man than anyone I'd ever met.  I wasn't wrong.

A man of real integrity and humanity, I'll miss seeing him on the terraces.  My sympathies to his family and friends.

RIP Jim.

the guy below loves the boaby.

That's it cleared £8,000 now. I'll repeat what others said, it speaks volumes that so many people have contributed so much in memory of the man.

A few words to add to the many glowing memories: his ability to balance absolute complete and utter scenes with sensibility, selflessness and understanding was truly special.

Morton till we die.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived