Jim - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Jim

Toby

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very sorry to hear that. I didn't know Jim very well but he always said hello and made me feel welcome when I travelled occasionally with the Albert. Funnily enough I thought of him today when I heard the Blades secured promotion. RIP.

I am utterly stunned and shocked by this if, reading between the lines, we are implying that Jim has passed.

Shocked is an understatement.

A great guy and he loved Morton and his beloved Sheffield Utd.

I can't believe this.

Can someone disclose what happened?

God rest you Jim. You were one of the real good guys and will be sorely missed by everyone who knew you or crossed your path. A great guy and condolences with the McVicar family.

Stunned by this.

I can't believe this as Jim was a young guy who was passionate about Morton, Scotland and Sheffield Utd. I remember him saying to me about going to some games down Bramell Lane.

I used to travel with the Albert Hotel and it was predominantly down to knowing Jim.

Gutted to hear of this and, aside from being a Morton fan, it would be very, very fitting for Morton and Sheffield Utd to be promoted in the one season in his memory.

Can't be my head around this.

What the fuck!

Jim was a mate of mine, would always stop and say hello if we bumped into each other. Even gave me a lift to reserve games from time to time. Friendly and thoughtful, devoted to his family and of course to Morton and the Blades. Just such an outgoing guy who would do anything for those he cared about.

Can't believe it. That's way before his time. Rest in peace, Jim.

EOho8Pw.png

Devastated. Morton has lost one of its greatest supporters. And a lot of us have lost a good pal as well. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Absolutely devastating news, can't get my head around this at all.

Jim was one of the best guys to be around, I loved hearing his stories from going to games when he was a boy, top class and they will live with me forever. An absolute pleasure to of known him, thoughts are with all his family at this really sad time.

Growing up going on the Albert bus to Morton games, and Scotland games were honestly made that bit better because of Jim. Notably trips to France, Morecambe and a particularly messy trip to Arbroath sticking out if a little hazy!

Rest in peace mate, absolutely gutted.

Can't quite believe this. I've been travelling to away games with the Albert for about 12 years now, and even though I wasn't best mates with Jim he would always acknowledge me in passing if I ever saw him at Cappielow, and always made everyone feel welcome on the bus.

Thoughts are with his family and friends. RIP.

Archived