World Cup 2018 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

World Cup 2018

TRVMP

With Scotland and the USA already failing to qualify, another giant was laid low tonight: Italy eliminated by Sweden.

There are still three teams to qualify, of:

Denmark - Ireland (0-0 after first leg in Copenhagen)

Honduras - Australia (0-0 after first leg in San Pedro Sula)

New Zealand - Peru (0-0 after first leg in Wellington)

We'll know by the 15th the final line-up.

Every South American team looks weak (albeit Brazil are improved on the humilation of 2014). Germany strolled qualification, as did Spain, Belgium, and to a lesser extent England and Poland. It's difficult this far out to say who's going to win but I'd be utterly stunned if it wasn't a European team, and at this stage Germany, despite their weak group, have shown such form to be considered favorites once again.

On the betting markets Brazil are hilariously short-priced, considering what a meal they made of topping the CONMEBOL table, with Germany and France joint-favorites with most bookies.

EOho8Pw.png

Like all TRVMP supporters I love Russia and I wish them a great tournament.

Italy were indeed awful, it was hoofball from them at times and they lack quality up front. They had all possession but very rarely looked dangerous, which are two very un-Italian ways of playing.

EOho8Pw.png

Like all TRVMP supporters I love Russia and I wish them a great tournament.

Italy were indeed awful, it was hoofball from them at times and they lack quality up front. They had all possession but very rarely looked dangerous, which are two very un-Italian ways of playing.

Well, I personally dislike Russia and wish for more meteors to land on the place. However,they have got some interesting ideas on how to solve problems: https://youtu.be/sLhdaju2jIk

Germany will walk the next corrupt World Cup, and I expect the locals to be very hospitable hosts to Both them and England.

*insert signature here*

Also re: cappiecat's impending reign of terror over the streets of Kazan - I do wonder how it's going to go. Many parts of Russia are pretty much lawless but you'd have to think that they'd have the cities locked down for this, a bit like South Africa. I was in Durban and Port Elizabeth for the 2010 World Cup, was leaving the stadium and waiting for cabs at night etc. and didn't see a sniff of trouble anywhere, but I heard afterwards that policing levels were far, far above the norm. Russia can suppress violence very effectively when it wants to, so the question will be whether or not they want to, or whether or not they're OK with a bit of football rioting.

EOho8Pw.png

No Wales. No Northern Ireland. No Republic of Ireland.

It just means not so many shit jokes about Scotland not being there this time around.

It is also delightful to see those dirty cheating Italians not making it this time around. I will never forgive them for this: https://youtu.be/rQVpYvP4toc

*insert signature here*

It just means not so many s*** jokes about Scotland not being there this time around.

It is also delightful to see those dirty cheating Italians not making it this time around. I will never forgive them for this: https://youtu.be/rQVpYvP4toc

Knew what that was going to be even before I clicked it. It's canny play, very intelligent, absolutely - but if it happens against your team it's infuriating. I hate Luca Toni and his stupid, two-sizes-too-broad-for-his-face mouth.

EOho8Pw.png

It just means not so many s*** jokes about Scotland not being there this time around.

Aye, if you were to ask me my preferred winners from the European play offs, I've got a full house.

Not that what would've fizzled out into a draw that night 10 years ago would've made much of a difference to our qualifying prospects anyway. The Italians only needed a draw or win at home to the Faroes after that to confirm our exit if we hadn't won.

Would love to see Australia knocked out after FIFA allowed them to leave the Oceania Confederation for Asia in order to make qualification easier. If anything smacks of blatant corruption from a governing body in sport it's that, but it seems to have been seen as a positive in most circles.

Knew what that was going to be even before I clicked it. It's canny play, very intelligent, absolutely - but if it happens against your team it's infuriating. I hate Luca Toni and his stupid, two-sizes-too-broad-for-his-face mouth.

I just fail to see how any possible interpretation of that challenge can be given AGAINST Hutton.

I remember being stunned at that decision. At the final whistle we found ourselves in this bar at the Top deck of the south stand, watching the unedited highlights coming through on the TV and being just gobsmacked. Myself and Toby were even at a table with Jimmy Bone watching it and neither of us even said anything about him being ex-St.Mirren boss, we were just so shocked at that decision.

*insert signature here*

Archived