January Transfer Window Thread - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

January Transfer Window Thread

BishopBrennan

So who do we fancy picking up in January? I heard this morning that McKinnon wants to take Ross MacLean to Grangemouth. If Johannson is convinced with 5-3-2 as his system then we could quite conceivably see MacLean leave. 

Confirmed deals so far; 

In -

Kerr Waddell; loan deal from Dundee extended.

Out - 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoever we bring in in January, the squad needs to bring in at least one attacking player with real pace as we are sorely lacking it in key areas.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Tidser to Falkirk would be heartbreaking, and surely the worst career move in the history of career moves. Ruin a relationship with a club you profess to love  for what would be at most a sideways step. 

Anything could happen in football though, and McKinnon definitely did get the best out of him so it's not beyond the realms of possibility. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I don't think Tidser will go.

We really should be building a team around Tidser.

Motherwell might not let mclean go as if he plays for Falkirk then it means he can't play for his parent club as he will have represented two cubs in a 12 month period.

Maybe he can take Tiffoney.

Could understand McLean being a bit pissed off here, to be honest. Even when were still playing the back 4 he was in and out of the team for reasons that weren't immediately clear, and even with the 3 there'd be a case for trying him as one of the two forwards instead of Oliver.

AWMSC

I don't think Tidser will go.

We really should be building a team around Tidser.

Motherwell might not let mclean go as if he plays for Falkirk then it means he can't play for his parent club as he will have represented two cubs in a 12 month period.

Maybe he can take Tiffoney.

If McLean was to stay at us beyond 31st January he wouldn’t be able to play for Motherwell this season anyway. If they think he’s got a better chance of first team football at Falkirk, they’ll consider it as in their, and his, best interests to go there.

Getting the opportunity to play for Motherwell this season won’t be an issue.

I honestly don't think Michael Tidser would leave to play for another club in the Championship. If someone in the Premiership flashed a bit of ankle at him and he went for it then he'd leave with my best wishes, but he's not good enough for that level. At the moment he's the man, one of the players whom our shape should revolve around, is looking at a testimonial when he hangs up his boots, and has a business based in the area. Grangemouth would need to break the bank in order for Tidser to even consider it. 

I'd be absolutely gutted if he did leave, but I just can't see it. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Chris Millar is good friends with Jody Morris who is now Assistant Manager at Derby so it would be good to see if they could supply any loan players.

Houston is working with Scotland 21's so, again, this could be a good opportunity to try and add some players.

Chris Millar is good friends with Jody Morris who is now Assistant Manager at Derby so it would be good to see if they could supply any loan players.

Houston is working with Scotland 21's so, again, this could be a good opportunity to try and add some players.

Getting Fraser Hornby in from Everton would be just smashing.

No way Crawford( or Sandy) would even consider accepting an offer for Tidser from Falkirk in Jan surely. They would need to offer a fortune and I doubt they can afford that or even if they did, that we would accept it given recent history!

A pre contract is what worries me more, if they( or someone else) were to throw silly money in his face, could he say no? Probably on 6-700 quid a week with us. Teams in this league can prob offer much more.

Number 1 priority should be to offer him a 2/3 year extension now.

If there's one player we should be signing up it should be Tidser. I'd be fucking raging if he ended up at Falkirk. I don't see why he would leave in January for anyone. Could quite easily see him leave in the summer though. If the likes of Dundee and Dundee Utd are in the Championship next season they could sign far worse than him. 

I'd rather not have any *Rangers players tbh. They're always absolutely terrible and I can't really be bothered with the gamble that we might for once land a competent one.

Never know could get another Andy Murdoch (I know this was not a loan deal) or end up with a Crawford or Cole. I imagine it would be a low budget risk and would not be surprised if it was Serge Atayki who turned up given that JJ has been involved in his development at Rangers and would have info on him from the Finalnd youth set-up as well.

Archived